• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Script] Error: Unknown keyword "ou!\lhave" at line 35.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Hello.
I am attempting to insert a script into a FireRed ROM using Extreme Script Editor. When I run my script through "Compile" and "Debug", I am given the error I stated in the title (line 35 of my script is empty and directly above a string of text.

I would prefer not to post the script as it is extremely long and "line" numbers cannot be copied.

If anyone could come up with a solution for this, it would be most welcome.

Thanks,
leeedsunited

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
Hello.
I am attempting to insert a script into a FireRed ROM using Extreme Script Editor. When I run my script through "Compile" and "Debug", I am given the error I stated in the title (line 35 of my script is empty and directly above a string of text.

I would prefer not to post the script as it is extremely long and "line" numbers cannot be copied.

If anyone could come up with a solution for this, it would be most welcome.

Thanks,
leeedsunited

I have run into this problem many times, it's a bug with XSE.
You have to rewrite the line of text completely.
To circumvent this, I would watch out for what I like to call "Phantom Characters"
Basicly what a phantom character is, is when you delete a line of text, and there's still 1 character left, even though there's nothing there.
To fix this, just take your mouse, drag it to the left to highlight the phantom character, then hit backspace to delete the character.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Okay, thank you!

Its mighty late where I live, I do need to rest. But I shall give rewriting my text a go, first thing tomorrow!

I should note however that I haven't deleted any characters. I just wrote the script on notepad and copy-pasted it into XSE.

Last edited:

Child Amnesiac

Ever changing
Years
Okay, thank you!

Its mighty late where I live, I do need to rest. But I shall give rewriting my text a go, first thing tomorrow!

I should note however that I haven't deleted any characters. I just wrote the script on notepad and copy-pasted it into XSE.

No problem.
You should also check each line, and if one that's supposed to be full has 35 characters, there's a phantom character there.
Same thing applies if there's 1 more character than there actually is on a line.
You can delete phantom characters with lines with words in it, just go the the beginning of the line and highlight before the text.
This method also works for seeing if there's a phantom character on a line.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Okay, I've rewritten this line of text but, frustratingly, am getting the error again...

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Update. I re-wrote the script, to find it would compile, but when I attempt to load the offset on advancemap, it shows up as a blank script.

Back