from 2013

Age 24
Male
Philippines
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
3,264 posts
11.4 Years
Madame X by Madonna, 11:11 by Maluma, and Sing to Me Instead by Ben Platt. But that's only because I haven't listened to a lot, so I'll be following this thread for the replies. 👀

Treecko

the princess without voice

Age 27
Male
St.Louis,Missouri
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
6,169 posts
7.5 Years
1. Cuz I Love You- Lizzo
2. When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - Billie Eilish
3. Father of the Bride- Vampire Weekend
4. Wasteland, Baby!- Hozier
5. thank u, next - Ariana Grande
6. Dedicated- Carly Rae Jepsen
7. Doom Days- Bastille
8. False Alarm- Two Door Cinema Club
9. The Big Day- Chance the Rapper
10. 7 (EP)- Lil Nas X
"Unable to perceive the shape of You, I find You all around me. Your presence fills my eyes with Your love, It humbles my heart, For You are everywhere"

Fletch

Age 23
Male
Seen 34 Minutes Ago
Posted 34 Minutes Ago
6,329 posts
5.5 Years
I have a top 10 of the year so far...

1. Lizzo - Cuz I Love You

Infectious empowering hooks are everywhere and I’ve been living for her for a while. It’s exciting to see her get noticed!

2. Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated

Better than Emotion, sheer pop perfection, we had to stan.

3. Sigrid - Sucker Punch

A chance discovery this year but I’m utterly in love.

4. Maggie Rogers - Heard It In a Past Life

Like the above, I had no idea who she was until this year and I’m obsessed.

5. Solange - When I Get Home

Solange always makes captivating and deep ass music, this album has some amazing production too. A lot of replay value for me.

6. Banks - III

Was very impressed when I heard this. Wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it is

7. Marina - Love + Fear

This album gets an unfair rep. Being a more accessible album doesn’t make it bad, definitely chalks up to a lot of its strength actually.

8. Madonna - Madame X

Initially way higher, but I came to my senses a bit — definitely her most enjoyable body of work since 2005’s Confessions!

9. Tyler, the Creator - Igor

I actually can’t pinpoint what exactly makes this album so good to me but I love it.

10. IDER - Emotional Education

Good melodies and amazing harmonies... wig

I know for a fact this list is in danger tho! It will change. Honourable mentions for Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising, Ariana Grande - Thank u, Next, Two Door - False Alarm and Vampire Weekend - Father of the Bride. It’s been a very good year for music so far imo

Bay

Darkinium Z

Female
Dani California
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
5,700 posts
13.3 Years
Marina's LOVE + FEAR is also perhaps my top one this year. I always listen to the whole album whenever I'm relistening to it. Ariana's Thank U, Next was also enjoyable.

A few more albums I've listened to that hasn't been mentioned yet here are The Black Key's "Let's Rock", Rob Thomas's "Chip Tooth Smile" (though I much prefer his 2015 album The Great Unknown), and The Mountain Goats's "In League With Dragons".

Foul Play
[Chapter Nine up!]
Advertiser Content