• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Essentials Gamepad Compatibility

jgamerx

Kyu
Years
I was investigating a bit with ruby and i wanted to see in deep how did win32API worked. For my first try i decided to get on with the XInput dll and... well, this come out.
Essentials Gamepad Input is an easy to install script ready to be use directly in essentials with any xinput compatible gamepad and without any need of doing modifications or external programs as xpadder.
You can also use Dualshock controllers, but you will need to use Xinput Wrapper in order to make it work.

Installing it is as easy as following one simple step:

Replace PSystem_Controls with this
https://pastebin.com/7S3f7uxh

CURRENT ERRORS?
-As this is an XInput based script is possible that some controllers
aren?t compatible with this script, in order to make them work you will need to use external programs as XInputWrapper (for dualshocks) or x360ce (i dind?t test out if this one works, so i can?t ensure it to be compatible with rpg maker)

-Although is very rare that it occurs,for some reasons i still don?t know in some menus as the default essentials pause menu you will need to press the A button several times in order for it to response.
?
CONTROLS(Following an xbox controller structure)
button B= C key
button A=Z key
button Y=X key
DPAD or Joysticks=Directional arrows
R2 or L2=Run
?
?
TO BE DONE?
- Give functionality to the remaining buttons
-Create a screen to customize the button functionality
-Solve problems as the one of the pause menu

if you have any suggestion or you want to report an error, please leave a comment.?

If used give credits to Kyu (yeah, i?m kyu despite of the username)

KAZUMA SEIYARYU

Kazuma1705
Years
Awesome script!
I've been looking for ways to make my project compatible with joysticks without using programs like JoyToKey.

Thanks for submit :D

Last edited:
Back