• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Birb Mafia [Endgame!]

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
I'm pretty neutral at this point. It's only the first day and we have little information to go on, so a random lynch is inevitable. Radiating's defensive response was a little weird, but it might just be because he doesn't want to get lynched Day 1 like everyone here. Superjolt could just be averting attention onto a newbie player, but then again I don't know his play style so I can't really be suspicious at this point.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
[VOTE] Superjolt.

He has this "gut feeling" that I'm guilty, even though I was unable to respond at that moment. Which might mean he has something to hide.

(I am very inexperienced.)

EDIT: Upon rereading things, I've also learnt that he seems very eager to lynch people. This screams suspicious to me.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I'm in the circle that he might have just been trying to get a conversation going which did happened via his random lynching. Though I'll likely be keeping my eye on him and Radianting for the time being.

rn I feel like tokyo might just be following because I believe he's also new at mafia? I could be wrong though and if I am more than just 'it's d1 and we don't have much to go off of' would be nice imo.

Sparkin

Just a random vote to Salzorrah, the snail

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
Jolt is probably trying to drum up more conversation and get everyone involved and has taken a Stab In The Dark when it comes to his vote. However mate you're throwing out some bold claims, for sure. It is still Day 1 so let's wind it down a notch - if you're inno you're painting a very large DANGER sign on your head just saying!

But Aaron, he has a "gut feeling". He didn't explain it, just "trust me on this", which isn't really a legit reason. Also, he did not quote that he had "a gut feeling" with his other votes.

purplecicada

Distortion Wyrm
Years
Well, the fact he's stated a "gut feeling" for me is a bit alarm ringing, especially when there's no evidence thus far.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
[UNVOTE] purplecicada
I didn't really read any of her posts as coming from someone with experience with the game, otherwise instead of "do not like" there would have been questions or reads or a vote, and instead of "its too quiet" there would have been something like what Aaron did, if anything at all. Nothing she has done so far is indicative of her alignment for a new player
Ok, I admit I was wrong then about her having previous experience.
- and that's why you should've waited for her response, you don't really have anything on her other than that she doesn't know what she's doing.
I'm just going to disagree and say that coupling some questioning/pressure with a vote is absolutely something I would do as a general playstyle thing.

I feel like there's something more pressing here though - why didn't you address my comment about your defense looking like a chainsaw defense? I'm trying to figure out if you're legitimately concerned about me pressuring a new player or if there's some other reason for it. Now I'm kind of thinking it's a real concern and you're town for it though, I'm not really sure if scum!you would try to get me mislynched on D1
As for Home, I don't really agree with his "random lynch = scum" reasoning, but I do like how he's being skeptical of what you're saying. That's certainly not something I would have done when I was new to the UG - you're the guy with all the quotes who always seems to know what's what, and a fresh UGer would probably be more inclined to follow that than to question it. Having said that, sticking to the "random lynch = scum" reasoning for the sake of consistency doesn't look too good either - there could be lots of different reasons for voting randomly, and it looks like Aaron used it in a town sided way. I'd say I'm reading null on Home for now, maybe possible town lean for his questioning nature.
I pretty much feel the same way here.
Your turn. What's your opinion on Radiating and tokyodrift, given his newest vote?
Radiating is null, maybe it's just me but I don't find his omgus vote really indicative of anything, and I don't find defensiveness to be a scum tell. tokyodrift could be scum coasting on a wagon you started, but there's not really enough from her for me to say either way, unless she starts speaking up.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
Years
purplecicada seems to be just acting like an inexperienced player so I'm pretty null on her, and as for Superjolt... I mentioned earlier I think he's trying to be a detective and I still think that's what he's trying to do, but with that said, he kind of acts similarly whether he's mafia or town, so I'm neutral again. I'd need at least another day to get any substancial opinions unless someone slips up.
What makes you think cicada is acting?
I'm in the circle that he might have just been trying to get a conversation going which did happened via his random lynching. Though I'll likely be keeping my eye on him and Radianting for the time being.

rn I feel like tokyo might just be following because I believe he's also new at mafia? I could be wrong though and if I am more than just 'it's d1 and we don't have much to go off of' would be nice imo.
Ash, thoughts on NightKrow and Home?
My my, some of you are definitely making it very easy for me to pick my votes for the next 3-4 days. Crumbs. Unless someone kills them first.

Jolt is probably trying to drum up more conversation and get everyone involved and has taken a Stab In The Dark when it comes to his vote. However mate you're throwing out some bold claims, for sure. It is still Day 1 so let's wind it down a notch - if you're inno you're painting a very large DANGER sign on your head just saying!
I was trying to get some conversation going (and it worked). Also, DangerJolt is the name, yo ;)
But Aaron, he has a "gut feeling". He didn't explain it, just "trust me on this", which isn't really a legit reason. Also, he did not quote that he had "a gut feeling" with his other votes.
...I don't really know how to explain a gut feeling other than it being a gut feeling, I guess having the impression you weren't new was part of it but that was wrong to begin with so there's not really anything there now

What do you think about NightKrow and Home?

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Ehhhh, I'm probably not gonna be on again today, so I'm gonna vote now.

Lynch Superjolt

Nothing personal, you currently have the most votes (this could change if other people actually start voting).

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
What makes you think cicada is acting?
Sorry, my wording was off there. I wasn't trying to say she was acting in the sense that an actor would in a play. She's behaving like how I would expect someone new to behave, and isn't really acting scummy much at all; just commenting on things. She seems pretty honest to me so far.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
I feel like there's something more pressing here though - why didn't you address my comment about your defense looking like a chainsaw defense? I'm trying to figure out if you're legitimately concerned about me pressuring a new player or if there's some other reason for it. Now I'm kind of thinking it's a real concern and you're town for it though, I'm not really sure if scum!you would try to get me mislynched on D1

Because a) what the heck is a chainsaw defense? and b) it wasn't really phrased as a question so I didn't feel the need to answer it.

imo not waiting for a response would've been fine for a vote that was solely random or solely a pressure vote, but in addition to a gut scum read based on nothing? Idk the way you switched off of tokyodrift made it seem like purplecicada was your scum read and I thought people might bandwagon on that because it was more than just a pressure vote (and you know, you're Superjolt, you normally look pretty trustworthy regardless of what alignment you actually are ;) ), and then it would get out of hand before she could reply and that would kinda be a sad way for a new player to experience their first D1 here :/
I guess that never ended up happening though, not sure if it would've happened if I didn't challenge you or not but oh well :/

Seeing as your gut feeling was based on a misconception that has now been resolved, though, I'll [Unvote] Superjolt.

Would like to hear some thoughts on what's going on from Radiating and tokyodrift. Radiating hasn't said anything since saying I should go to bed (because I apparently make too many tinfoil theories at those hours) and hasn't really done anything to change or explain his OMGUS position (despite Aaron/Noraxia looking pretty town right now), and I don't really like how tokyodrift followed me without giving her own perspective on the situation, or even just saying she agreed with the points I made. (and imo, this has turned out to be a pretty active D1 compared to most D1s)
Also other people who haven't said much about the current situation, but mostly those two.

I started writing this before you posted asking about the lack of opinions on purplecicada, I'll just go and look at what has been said and get back to you on that one.

Last edited:
Years
I just voted for Aaron so my vote gets balanced out should no one else vote. I'll back down if Aaron decides to or if I'm given a good reason.

NightKrow

staying up all night
Years
ok so it looks like Nani is the only one so far to give an explicit opinion on purplecicada, and Aaron interacted with her but he's been replaced now :/

might be because nobody's got much to add to what Nani said (that she's behaving as expected for a new player). Idk what else to draw from that really.

@Radiating: You're not currently the most voted player so balancing out votes when there's only one vote on you doesn't really matter, and also if you do back down then other people won't bandwagon you for OMGUS voting. Is that a good enough reason?

also now that Aaron's been replaced, does his vote even still stand orrr....?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I thought I had mentioned my thoughts on purplecicada but I suppose it might have been skipped or I actually didn't type it and send it oops. But I think she's just an enthusiastic new player at this point. It'll be at least another day before I can say whether I'm leading more towards mafia or not. Right now it's neutral.

To answer Jolt on NightKrow and Home right now NightKrow isn't deeming as suss to me for now. He's one of the few who's actually talking and reading people. I'm not saying I'm reading him as town as he might just be an active mafia player trying to lead the way while we're lost in the middle of nowhere but as of right now he's being helpful but I'll take the help with a grain of salt, so to speak. As for Home I got nothing other than I agree with NightKrow and that Home's "random lynching = scum" reading it flawed. So really another reason why I'm not fosing NightKrow at this point.

Honestly at this point I'd rather random lynch an experienced player that hasn't said much today. Especially since the day is about to end. :/ and idk I don't feel comfortable lynching a new player who might not know what to say (yet)? Not on day one anyways.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Okay, I have to admit that my reasoning was flawed yesterday but it was what ringed for me during that time. I've got no reads on anyone as of yet.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Honestly, for me, I don't think being defensive is bad, heck look at all the other times Ive been inno and defensive smh. I don't know, from what I've seen, usually when someone is defensive, they're more likely inno than maf, and I don't think they are maf...

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Has bardothren posted? Lurking on other games, he seemed to be awfully quiet right now?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
i mean what is there to say? i personally would just abstain from voting if that was an option, but there really isn't enough information at this time for me to specifically try and read someone.

Back