• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] XY 140 Discussion

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
終わりなきゼロ! また逢う日まで!!
The Endless Zero! Until the Day We Meet Again!!​

Well... that's all she wrote, folks~.

Years
Ash vows to meet his friends again as the time to part with them arrives!
Before everyone parts with each other, Dedenne goes missing!?
Spoiler:

Years
Summary and voice cast!
Spoiler:

It's confirmed that Delia will be in this episode!

Years
There is a new preview of this episode.
It looks like Ash and Clemont will have a final battle with Pikachu vs Bunnelby again, like the first episode.
This episode will be really emotional and I'm wondering... what's up with Greninja there? It hasn't have the special Ash-Greninja form. Maybe is "watching" Ash leaving?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
At least the trailer shows how Greninja maintains the Bond Phenomenon! It can't.

Animation on point. I'm apprehensive of this episode. The Clemont episode seemed to be focused more on Alain. Serena's episode was pretty well done. Greninja's episode was poorly executed. I don't know how they're going to tie up the final farewell, especially when these things are known:

1) Ash leaves
2) Serena leaves
3) Delia and Oak video call
4) Clemont and Ash battle
5) Dedenne runs away and has to be found
6) Team Rocket make an appearance
7) I guess Amourshipping reaches it's end too, although it feels like they're trying to forget about it

So a lot of things to cover and maybe not enough time to do so.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
That Greninja scene is weird. I wonder how it turned back. I pressume that as mentioned he's saying good bye. Although based on the Alain scene, I have a theory about when it takes place.

My guess is the last few minutes are closed out by the announcer like this:

"And so, after another big adventure, unlike anything before, it's time for Ash and Co to say goodbye! After meeting countless friends on the journey through Kalos and stopping a threat unlike any other, everyone must go their separate ways. As Ash makes his way back home, ready for his next adventure, his friends all begin there next step into achieving their dreams! What will happen next?

To be continued.....

Then with that last line, we see Serena meet up with Shauna and prepare to leave, or Clemont fixing Clembot, then the scene of Greninja in the woods, remembering it's journey with Ash, and then we also see the other rivals maybe, and perhaps Allain and Malon, who are overlooking some cliff somewhere. Perhaps journeying around the region or world for Sycamore? Potentially setting up him to appear again one day.

Years
I think that we're going to see Alain again at the next special "The legend of XYZ".
So, this is the last episode with Ash. Probably there will be another one special which has broadcast data. The only information I know is that a stunfisk will be there. So maybe we can see Serena and Cilan I guess.

Years
So if Delia is appearing, does this mean she announces to Ash that the family is moving to Alola and that Professor Kukui has decided to register Ash into the Trainers School after seeing his potential as a great trainer.

But then with the confirmed fact that trainers need to be 11 to participate in Island Trials, Ash will either have to stay in the school due to being underage, or actually turn 11 when Sun & Moon begins.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
So if Delia is appearing, does this mean she announces to Ash that the family is moving to Alola and that Professor Kukui has decided to register Ash into the Trainers School after seeing his potential as a great trainer.

But then with the confirmed fact that trainers need to be 11 to participate in Island Trials, Ash will either have to stay in the school due to being underage, or actually turn 11 when Sun & Moon begins.

I don't think Delia is staying since Ash will be living at Kukei's. Would be awesome if she stayed but she has her own shop to run in Kanto.

I think they'll make an exception for Ash in completing the trials, unless they actually show his birthday on-screen.

Years
I don't think Delia is staying since Ash will be living at Kukei's. Would be awesome if she stayed but she has her own shop to run in Kanto.

I think they'll make an exception for Ash in completing the trials, unless they actually show his birthday on-screen.

Ah yes, Ash will be under Kukui's care.

But as for Ash doing Island Trials, I hope this is an excuse for the writers finally making him older since 11 is the minimal age for a trainer to compete in Island Trials (it's also why the game protagonist seems to be confirmed to be 11).

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I highly doubt that Ash is going to MOVE to Alola, I'm sure they're just going for some other reason. Ash always introduces himself as "Ash from Pallet Town" and they'd have a huge disconnect with the first generation if they did that, which I'm not sure if they're wanting.

Years
I highly doubt that Ash is going to MOVE to Alola, I'm sure they're just going for some other reason. Ash always introduces himself as "Ash from Pallet Town" and they'd have a huge disconnect with the first generation if they did that, which I'm not sure if they're wanting.

I 100% agree with you on this. I think Ash isn't going to move to Alola. I can't think of him saying "My name is Ash and I'm from Alola" haha.
By the way is Ash going to have a companion of 5 people in S/M? I think it's the first time to see so many characters as a companion of Ash

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
New preview:

What does this mean? A confession?? A hug?? A kiss?! Find out in four hours!
I actually don't care about Dedenne any more, I guess a sympathetic 'aw' is all I can muster...

Years
The episode just finished and it was an emotional one. So here is what happened.
Alain got rid of the mega ring for a reason, Sawyer is now helping Steven, Greninja helping zygarde and also Serena kissed Ash when she was leaving.
Bonnie and dedenne we were so sad. And Serena, Clemont, Bonnie and Ash were thinking their experiences and the moments from this adventure.
By the way the episode is ending with Ash in Pallet Town and I think it's the first time we are seeing Ash returning night time. So, that's it for XYZ (There are still 2 special episodes). Very good season!

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
New preview:

What does this mean? A confession?? A hug?? A kiss?! Find out in four hours!
I actually don't care about Dedenne any more, I guess a sympathetic 'aw' is all I can muster...

I was joking when I said this xD Glad they addressed it and that she did something about it.

Episode was good to be fair. 3.5 because apparently Delia had been in contact the whole time, it was just shown off-screen. Also lack of old Pokemon shown and I didn't really enjoy flashbacks.

EDIT: I might have to see some subs to confirm, but Serena might have changed her goal to be Ash...not sure how to feel about her development if true.

EDIT 2: I can reveal what Serena actually did; she whispered 'Duragon Kuroo'

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023

I was joking when I said this xD Glad they addressed it and that she did something about it.

Episode was good to be fair. 3.5 because apparently Delia had been in contact the whole time, it was just shown off-screen. Also lack of old Pokemon shown and I didn't really enjoy flashbacks.

EDIT: I might have to see some subs to confirm, but Serena might have changed her goal to be Ash...not sure how to feel about her development if true.

EDIT 2: I can reveal what Serena actually did; she whispered 'Duragon Kuroo'

From what I've heard and seen, she says her goal is Ash. I'm really surprised by all that happened.

Especially the kiss, but Alain getting rid of his mega ring and Sawyer working with Steven.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
From what I've heard and seen, she says her goal is Ash. I'm really surprised by all that happened.

Especially the kiss, but Alain getting rid of his mega ring and Sawyer working with Steven.

I'm not surprised as much by the kiss (well am a little). But I really hope that well translated subs show that Serena didn't just change her goal to a boy.

BTW Alain wants to start from zero like Ash, hence no key stone. He's going to find his own mega stone by himself so as not to be 'tainted as such' with the memory of Lysandre. Also helps Sycamore.

I thought Sawyer was helping Steven with why the Megalith is missing.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I'm not surprised as much by the kiss (well am a little). But I really hope that well translated subs show that Serena didn't just change her goal to a boy.

BTW Alain wants to start from zero like Ash, hence no key stone. He's going to find his own mega stone by himself so as not to be 'tainted as such' with the memory of Lysandre. Also helps Sycamore.

I thought Sawyer was helping Steven with why the Megalith is missing.

I hadn't heard those two. The Alain bit makes a lot of sense. I was just saying that both were interesting stories, I didn't see happening though.

The kiss surprised as I didn't think they'd be that upfront in finishing off Serena's arc with her relations to Ash.

Back