• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
Username: T-Zombie
Game: Pokemon Emerald
I already started mine should I like post my current team and Dead Box?

ADDITIONAL RULES
You must nickname pokemon
No healing moves like roost.
No using/ catching legendary pokemon
I am horrible at drawing even on the internet so I'll like keep an adventure log and give make my pokemon talk and have personalities.
Have fun!

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Username: T-Zombie
Game: Pokemon Emerald
I already started mine should I like post my current team and Dead Box?

ADDITIONAL RULES
You must nickname pokemon
No healing moves like roost.
No using/ catching legendary pokemon
I am horrible at drawing even on the internet so I'll like keep an adventure log and give make my pokemon talk and have personalities.
Have fun!

Go for it! As I said, I'm interested in stuff like that!

T-Zombie

The End (?)
Years
You mind if I change the Game, Its not that I gave up or lost I just can't remember anything prior to loosing half of my old team to a mewtwo.

Last edited:

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Username: Patpatl
Game: Firered
Optional Rules: Nickname Pokémon
Do I just Randomize starters or do I randomize wild pokemon as well?

Last edited:

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Hey since I don't have anything to make comics with, should I just post my ending team when I am done or should I post updates of what I have done so far?

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Username: Collutorium
Game: Blue
Optional "Rules":
  • Nickname every catch
  • Make crappy comic to report the story

E: You might also want to add something like a Magikarp clause, if you get a Pokémon like the eponymous Magikarp or Hoppip, i.e.: one that can't cause damage without Struggle on another Pokémon as a starter, you get to reroll.

Last edited:

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
Hmmm I have done this once before just for fun, but might as well do it again, tis always fun =D

Username: Leonknight
Game: Emerald
Additional Rules:
You must nickname all of your Pokemon
A black out is a "game over," even if there are Pokémon left in the PC
You may not use/catch legendary Pokémon

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Username: PsychoJigglypuff
Optional rules: Nicknames, comic (or at least some sort of illustration to go along with updates)

EDIT: The settings I'm using for this run are all Pokemon randomized, so trainers have different Pokemon as well, and some other changes such as no trade-evolutions, no early Shedinjas, and a minimum catch rate, just to make things a little easier.

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Hey since I don't have anything to make comics with, should I just post my ending team when I am done or should I post updates of what I have done so far?

Whatever you feel like, I like to see updates but I understand if you don't wanna do that.

E: You might also want to add something like a Magikarp clause, if you get a Pokémon like the eponymous Magikarp or Hoppip, i.e.: one that can't cause damage without Struggle on another Pokémon as a starter, you get to reroll.
Thats why you get a choice of three, Now lets say you get REALLY unlucky and get Magikarp, Hoppip and regirock (Ill let you discover why he's so bad) Well, Just roll the randomier again.

Last edited:

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Progress So Far:
1. Had a choice of Venasaur, Huntail, and Mawile. Picked Huntail. Battled Gary. I also named Huntail Hunter.
2. On Route 1, I caught a Muk by the name of Muke. I am really bad at nicknames XD
3. On the route before the pokemon league (23 I think), I caught a Pidgeotto by the name of Bird. I then Grinded.
4. I went to the route before Viridian Forest, but sadly I murdered the Whiscash before I could catch it.
5. Went to Viridian Forest and caught a Primeape. I named him Monkey. I got through the forest using only Monkey, and battled Brock. I only used Huntail, and he only had one water move. Whirlpool. That's right, a 15 power move. It knocked out geodude in 1 hit in Onix in 2. Wow Brock.
6. Got the Running Shoes and saved.

Team: Hunter the Huntail - lvl 12 Dead Box: None
Muke the Muk - lvl 9
Bird the Pidgeotto - lvl 9
Monkey the Primeape - lvl 9

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
I guess I should report my own progress considering it's my thread :P
Pokemon Blue:
1: Chose my Starter, Had the choice of Ninetails and... I don't know cause I immediately picked ninetails *Favorite Pokemon* Proceeded to Beat the tar out of dumbutt's Charmander.
2: On route 2 my 1st Pokemon was a lvl 3 mew, I carefully took it's hp down to about 3 or 4 and started throwin pokeballs, On about the 10th one I caught it, Turns out it only knew pound.
3: Trained it off wild Pokemon in route one making liberal use of potions, At around lvl 7 I moved to Viridian forest to train it instead. Once it hit lvl 10 it learned transform. Another move Ill see myself using a ton >_>
4: Challenged Brock, Decided to use mew's Transform on onix, Turned into a Stall match till I said screw it and burned the onyx to death with Ninetails.
5: In viridian cave I caught a Koffing, Named it Argon, Died to a Team rocket Radicate after eating my Rare candy... Although to be fair I kinda deserved it after abusing the speed up function
6: Nothing else really happened aside from teaching Mew Watergun and beating my rival right before nugget bridge.

:t038: Inari lvl 19
:t151: Nalla lvl 20

Dead: Argon the koffing lvl 14.

Leonknight

Merc Leader
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 20, 2013
My update!

1.Choose my starter, Shellder and gave it the nickname of Shelly...now the long wait for a water stone
2. Caught a wild Pidgey, lvl 2 and named it Pidgebot on Route 102.
3. I missed a pokemon on both Route 102 and 103 due to the fact my Pidgey seemed to get a crit every single time on the second takle.
4. Karma got the best of me and I lost Pidgebot on 102 from a Grumpig, with its critical Psybeam.
5. Caught a Nidoran(m) on route 104 at lvl 4, and almost immediately lost it to a wild Alakazam but luckily Shelly pulled through ^^
6. Entered Petalburg Woods, and missed my chance at a Tyranitar due to the fact that I forgot to buy pokeballs and ran out trying to catch it..

Team:
Shelly the Shellder - lv 7
Liege the Nidoran(m) - lvl 9

Dead:
Pidgebot the Pidgey lv 6

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Fuzzle's Log #1 (with illustrations):
Spoiler:

- The starters I had to choose from were Lunatone, Natu, and Spoink. Clearly the best choice was Lunatone.
Spoiler:

-Once I got Poke Balls, I caught a Sandshrew, a Goldeen, an Exeggcute (that died as soon as I used it), a Tailow, and a Tyrannitar (who was a pain to catch but I somehow managed to do it).
Spoiler:

-I also ran across an Entei, but since it wasn't my first encounter, I couldn't catch it.
-Got to Rustboro and fought Roxanne (who didn't have any Rock-types)
Spoiler:

-An easy battle except for Dewgong. Her Aurora Beam was dangerous.

Current Team:
tumblr_inline_mj9iztMpNo1qz4rgp.png

Dead:
-Eggs the Exeggcute, died at Level 4 after being eaten by a Zubat.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Brock hit hard, and by that I mean he obliterated my sorry existence, but then again, one of his Pokemon was Mewtwo ... :(

ThinkingwithPokemon

Challenger
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Update 2

Fought all of the trainers on the route to Mt.Moon
Caught a Poochyena which I named Lil'Pooch
Went to the Pokemon Center and bought the Magikarp which I named Magic Fish
Ran into a Persian in Mt.Moon, but failed to catch it.
Got through Mt.Moon
Taught Monkey Mega Punch and Mega Kick
Ran into a Hitmonchan, which I failed to catch. Not to mention the little incident with Bird.....
Beat Gary (again)\
Saved

Team:Hunter the Huntail - Lvl.16
Lil' Pooch the Poochyena - Lvl.15
Monkey the Primeape - Lvl.15
Muke the Muk - Lvl.15

Dead Box: Bird the Pidgeotto - Lvl. 3-13

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
Years
Fuzzle's Log #2:
Spoiler:

-Went to fight the Aqua grunt and got a Magcargo and a Slacking on the way.
Spoiler:

- Beat up the grunt and returned the Devon Goods/Peeko
- Got the PokeNav and favors to run
- Fought Brendan without trouble
- Took the boat to Dewford
- Caught a Koffing in the cave and taught him Flash since he could learn it
Spoiler:

- Went back to the gym and fought my way to Brawly, losing Silver on the way
- Fought Brawly, who wasn't too difficult except for Wigglytuff, who kept putting my Pokemon to sleep and getting 4 or 5 slaps in a row with Doubleslap.
Spoiler:

- Got the badge, but decided to keep playing instead of stopping there
- Delivered the letter to Steven
- Sailed to Slateport
- Walked past the Team Aqua gathering to catch a Cradily first (who was a pain to catch, I caught him with my last Great Ball)
Spoiler:

- Saved the game and quit

Current Team:
tumblr_inline_mjbsnaCfOd1qz4rgp.png

Dead:
- Silver the Goldeen, slain in the Dewford Gym by his evolved form at Level 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back