• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Another New Game [T]

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Another New Game [T] (Temporary OOC for SUs)

This is a revived version of this RP, which was also made by me :D

NEW GAME
Welcome to the world of Pokémon
emeraldintro15zd.png

OOC Thread || IC Thread

pressstarti.png

Someone has made a game. A game that would be played by s few selected teenagers who accepted his invitation. The game he made would be like none other. It would either place the teenagers in danger, or would give them glory. It was a risk he'd be willing to take. Anything he would do for his success.

The game is just an edited version of a previous game. It was made to be harder than the other. More exciting, more thrilling, more dangerous. Perhaps, more dangerous than you think it is. In this game, when you lose, you lose. It's game over. You're goal is to finish. It doesn't matter which place. Just finish. If you want to stop playing, finish it. It's your only option.

areyouho.png

You are an average teenager, living a life that is full of routines. Everyday is almost the same. Usual events. Usual places. Usual people. It was, and always will be, like that...until you received a certain mail:

E-Mail said:
FR: [email protected]
TO: <insert e-mail here>
Subject: Closed Beta Testing

You have been chosen as one of the few selected people given the chance to test out new game. If you choose to accept this invitation, all you have to do is click the link below. If you choose not to, then under no circumstances should you open the said URL. Once you accept, you cannot change your mind. Thank you.

http://www.devon.org

GKR

You opened the site, but before you even see what the site looks like, you black out. You wake up in the vast space of nothingness. It was dark. You can't see anything, but you definitely can tell that someone was there with you. Suddenly, out of nowhere, someone says these words: "Hi! Sorry to keep you waiting."

Summary

In this roleplay, you are transported into the Pokémon game world. You were originally from the real world, where Pokémon do not exist. The storyline will be somehow like the game, specifically R/S/E, but some twists was and will be added by the developer. When you wake up in the dark, you see nothing at all, but feel the presence of someone with you, then you hear Professor Birch's voice (but your character doesn't know that yet) welcoming you to the Pokémon world, and like in the game, asking for your gender and name. After asking for your name, you find yourself in a van. In the van, you hear a voice:

"If you want to stop playing this game, you need to finish it. There is no other way out."

Your character has no idea that the developer has programmed that voice. The developer will sometimes pit challenges for your character. The developer controls everything in-game, but the NPCs you meet does not know that they are in a game. What they do know is that they live in their real world, and that yours is fake. The developer may sometimes use an NPC to communicate with your character, but your character thinks that he/she is talking to the NPC directly, and does not know that he/she is talking to the developer.

Of course many decisions will be made in this RP, and the decisions you, the players, make will determine what will become of your characters...

Rules and Guidelines

- The roleplay is to be strictly kept PG-13. No gore when not needed. No suggestive themes.
- This will be chapter-based, and I will post each one after a certain amount of roleplayers finish the requirements for the current chapter.
- The developer may put up special events. When he does, your character is pulled away from whatever he/she is doing and gets teleported to the place where the event occurs.
- I will play the developer. I control certain NPCs that you can't, but most can be controlled by you.
- This is set in the Hoenn Region.
- The developer has decided to let your Pokémon keep five moves at a time.
- There will only be certain moments where you, the players, can meet.
- Levelling up depends on the quality of your post. Minimum is 1, while maximum is 5 (for extremely beautiful posts)

Starters

258.png
Mudkip
252.png
Treecko TAKEN BY Rune Alchemist
255.png
Torchic TAKEN BY Lilizuki
349.png
Feebas TAKEN BY Curious
214.png
Heracross TAKEN BY Sarah Morgan

The Players

Oliver Riverwood (Curious.)
Adelaide Smith (Lilizuki)
Spoiler:

Sarah Morgan (Umm...Sarah Morgan ._.)
Ariel Mihara (Rune Alchemist)

Team Update

Code:
[B]Name:
History: [/B](your life before the game. Where did you live? Why did you choose to accept the invitation?)[B]

Appearance: [/B] (how your character looks like, obviously) [B]

Personality: [/B](speaks for itself)[B]

Dislikes: [/B](Just for the heck of it. The developer may have some nice thing for you ;D)

[B]Starter Pokémon:[/B]
[B] 
RP sample: [/B](The part where you received the mail and got transported inside the game)

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
Um, yeah, since the OOC thread isn't approved yet, I'll turn this into the temporary OOC thread for SUs and questions, yup ^^

SUs are, indeed, open

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Name: Sarah Morgan
History: Sarah is a 17 year old, who works as a Lifeguard at the YMCA. She, her mother and little brother live in Pasadena California. Her mother and father are recently divorced, a subject that weighs on both her and her brothers minds constantly.
Appearance: Clara wears a pair of Black Spandex shorts, with a long sleeve T-shirt. (This is because she's typically colder in her arms, rather her legs.) Both of her ears are pierced, and she wears a necklace around her neck that her grandfather gave her,
She has Pacific Ocean blue eyes, with brunette shaded hair.

Personality:
Sarah comes off as a typical valley girl, and is most likely to shoot off a sarcastic or Witty response. Once one breaks through her shield she becomes friendlier.
Dislikes: Snakes

Starter Pokémon: Wildcard.

RP sample:
"Ugh, Yes mom; I'm looking for a cheaper deal on a video game" Sarah sat at her computer; trapping her phone between her cheek and shoulder whilst she filed her nails. "Love you too. K bye" she said, quickly hanging up the phone.
Clicking back into Facebook, she wrote a status one indicative of feelings. "What's this?" a window popped up on the left hand side of her browser.
"An email?" there was a look of confusion on her face" not completely understanding what the message meant; she clicked on it and almost instantly passed out.

I can add more if need be.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Sarah - Um, I'd like to see more from your SU. Sarah's history needs a bit more "muscle," so to speak, and so does her Personality. Until you fix that, I'm afraid I'd have to deny your app for now ^^' You're welcome to fix it though

@Curious - Sure~ Why not :>

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
I'd like to reserve Torchic, please. c: My SU will come later.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Name: Oliver Riverwood

Personality:
Oliver is a determined and headstrong young man. While most perceive him to be '2 dimensional' – having not many sides other than being bossy and opinionated, he is in fact a much deeper individual. For the most part Oliver displays his more brave and courageous attitude toward life. He is a natural born leader and will on many occasions adopt the role of leadership in a team production or project, even if not elected. Being a careful thinker is also a major aspect of Oliver's personality, and he'll more often than not think things through and construct an intricate plan before he addressed problems he must solve. Although not particularly proficient at solving puzzles, Oliver upholds a decent ability to think logically. However this is seen to be his weakest point, while he excels at all things involving physical activity and action. As a direct result of his bossy attitude at times, others may distance themselves from him and cease to put faith in his ability to help them or lead them (if in a team or group.)

· Camping.
· Pokemon (naturally).
· The great outdoors and nature.
· Adventures.
· Mysteries.
· Assisting those in need.
· Planning.
· Heat and Humidity
· Hearty, warm, meals.
· Animals.
· Danger.
· Attention.
· Being a leader.

Dislikes:

· Claustrophobic spaces.
· Being stuck inside 24/7.
· The cold.
· Reading.
· Writing.
· Puzzles.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Oliver is a reasonably tall teen, who wears a thick, dark navy, long-sleeved skivvy, covered by a khaki shirt that's rolled up his arms. His wrist adorns a green, stylish watch. He wears a tight double-belt that holds up his dark brown pants. Thick, brown and raged hair spreads itself over his well-rounded head; his deep brown eyes, petite nose and marble white smile all complementing each other. Oliver is of a lean build and much prefers to be a bit more beefy. Although muscular and strong he lacks the size to show it off.

History:
Oliver grew up in your average neighbourhood. He was never really popular in school, and wasn't the top student, but he did score decent grades. (Bs and B+s). He lives with both his parents, but both are seen fighting constantly about petty things such as money. He has two siblings, both of which are boys; younger brother Matt, and older brother Steve, who moved out of home with his fiance'. In a nutshell, Oliver lead a relatively banal life, but despite this, Oliver always found trouble, adventure and drama to brighten his day. As a child he would often be spotted by his parents mucking around with a few of his mates down at the local river. Infested with snakes, Oliver and his pals would often hunt them down, pretending to be tribes people. They made campfires, cooked noodles that he snagged from the back of his kitchen cupboard. As Oliver grew older and he moved to highschool, many of his friends left. Bullied at highschool for several years, Oliver resorted to Pokemon as a means of escape. In the games he was able to be someone everyone appreciated. He was able to do things he loved doing in real life, but without judgement. As time further elapsed and he began to mature, he reached his late teens. Here his interest in girls and partying bloomed. Adventurous as always, he snuck out of home many times to parties where he would drink his worries away. He'd often stumble back home drunk, and be found by his parents in the morning, passed out, hanging halfway through his bedroom window. Oliver decided to follow a different route of fun when he began to feel sick and tired of his nightly 'get drunk, lots 'o fun, pass out' routine, and so decided to accept a peculiar email he received one afternoon..

Starter Pokemon:
[WILDCARD]

RP Sample: The E-mail
Spoiler:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Looks interesting. If you'll allow, I'd like to join.

Give me some time to make an SU and I'll make sure you won't regret it.

On another note, this sounds like a fic I've read, "Blood Red Version" Ever heard of that?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Curious - You are accepted! You did great with Oliver's personality and history. I can't wait to see how he'll act inside the game ^^

Rolled the wildcard roulette and you get to pick from:
Spoiler:

@ Rune Alchemist - Sure~ You may sign up, of course :> And I haven't heard of BloodRed until now >.< I made this RP like, 1-2 years ago? The idea of getting stuck into a Pokemon game just struck me while I was playing Emerald on my GB Micro /nodnod

Last edited:

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
The plot of BloodRed and your RP is almost the identical. But since you stuck it to PG-13 I doubt it would be the same.

There's a reason why it's called Blood Red Version. Your Rival dies, killed by his pokemon when you first defeat him.

Heh, the warning message? They're the same, but Oak says it instead.

I'm having trouble with the "Average" part of the character. All the characters I make have something special about them. Is it alright if she's not "Average and Normal teen" but instead "Weird and Distinctive"? I fear if I try making it more "normal" I might turn it into a self-insert.

... Having D.I.D. is still considered PG-13 right? I read something like that but it was 15+.

Also, I envy the Wild Card. I always wanted to start with a Zubat (I did that in a fic that I have never gotten around to finish)

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Awesomesauce, hmmm a good selection of pokes, but... I think I'll go with feebas, as I'm sure it'll be quite an interesting Pokemon to roleplay with. I'll have to get creative with how it battles and how actually it can win with such limited/poor moves.

And on the note of moves.. do Pokemon learn moves in the order same as the Pokedex? Or..?

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Rune Alchemist - Well, great minds do think alike >.< /shot Sure! Go ahead and make a weird character or something :> And, um, what's D.I.D.? ._. Totally clueless.

@ Curious - Alright, Feebas it is ^^ And about the moves, yeah, I was planning to make it like that, since your Pokemon level up here, but in the case of Feebas as your starter, I guess I'll have to make an exception. It can have Tackle at first, and I'll have you either get Round or Scald by a certain level. That, or you can choose another Wild Card. Your choice.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
D.I.D. is a Psychological disorder where the brain creates several distinct personalities outside of the "main" personality.

Think Dr. Jerkyll and Mr. Hyde.

The personalities may or may not be aware of the other personality, and sometimes there are triggers to commence the change. Most often D.I.D. happens to those who suffer trauma and cannot cope with it. The brain reacts and creates a separate personality so that the person doesn't "Break" so to speak.

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Curious - Very well then~ Welcome to Another New Game :>

@ Rune Alchemist - Ahh~ Sure! I made a character like that before. I'd love to see how you play on that one ^^

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
May I have the Wild Card roulette? :3

Aaaand here's the sign up itself!

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
@ Curious - Very well then~ Welcome to Another New Game :>

@ Rune Alchemist - Ahh~ Sure! I made a character like that before. I'd love to see how you play on that one ^^

I really didn't want to get Too much into character and personality because, I like to explain it in story, but I hope this will suffice.

Name: Sarah Morgan
History: Sarah is a 17 year old, who works as a Lifeguard at the YMCA. She, her mother and little brother live in Pasadena California. Her mother and father are recently divorced, a subject that weighs on both her and her brothers minds constantly.

The absence of a real family structure gave room for her to act however she wanted, despite winning numerous beauty pageants in the Southern California area, Sarah was arrested for assault, illegal possession of a firearm; public intoxication and public indecency.

The bulk of the charges were dropped; she spent her whole summer in a juvenile detention center for her illegal firearm. She met her friend, Rosie there; despite being nuclear opposites Sarah and Rosie developed a bond with each other, one that actually caused Sarah to mellow out.

Her parents were a bit surprised at her coming out, but her mother wrote it off as a phase and allowed it, because Rosie kept Sarah out of trouble.
Sarah's mother and Father Felt it were best for her younger brother to live with her dad, whilst she had one on one time with her mother. This decision ultimately made her resent not only her parents, but even her younger brother in some aspects. (This can be seen through most of her responses)

Appearance: Sarah wears a pair of Black Spandex shorts, with a long sleeve T-shirt. (This is because she's typically colder in her arms, rather her legs.) Both of her ears are pierced, and she wears a necklace around her neck that her grandfather gave her,
She has Pacific Ocean blue eyes, with brunette shaded hair.

Personality:
Sarah comes off as a typical valley girl, and is most likely to shoot off a sarcastic or Witty response. Once one breaks through her shield she becomes friendlier. Sarah is determined to do whatever it takes to accomplish a task if she truly believes it's in everyone's best interests, and her goals are ultimately altruistic, wanting to heighten everyone's standards of living, even if she does not always know how to go about it.
She values honesty; she prefers not to lie if she can avoid it.

Sarah is somewhat suspicious, it can take months or years of knowing someone before she feels she could trust them or let her guard down around them. If she does not feel like she can trust a person, she may withhold information from them that might have been helpful otherwise.
She can be fairly blunt and dismissive about opinions and trends she considers stupid or backwards, regardless of how widespread and socially acceptable they are, and rarely takes into account that people she speaks to might subscribe to such viewpoints/trends.

Dislikes: Snakes

Starter Pokémon: Wildcard.

RP sample:

The final bell resonated loudly overhead, ending what could be described as a routine day. Though school was out; Sarah didn't really see too much going on for her this summer.

"Killing isn't wrong…" Sarah said, continuing a heated debate she'd been having with her best friend. "Not if it's for the right reasons; what Hitler and the Nazi's did was wrong; what the world did in response to them was right" she said, pushing away from the table taking out a cigarette.

"I don't think taking a life is the right answer for anything, even if it's for 'justice" Nicole started, she slowly enclosed her hands together, trying to be careful to what she was about to say next. "Because that's what it was right? The world had its 'justice' when they killed Hitler. But what if everyone decided to act in that way? To take 'justice' in their own hands where they saw fit?" .

Biting the inside of her cheek she thought for a moment. It was clear to Sarah that Nicole was far more intelligent than she usually gave her credit for. "What if I were to go out and seek 'justice' by killing everyone I thought was responsible for my parent's death?" Her memories took her back to that dark alleyway, the blood that will forever stain the city's streets. She suddenly paused for a lengthy time, her eyes snapping back up as she let out a heavy sigh. "Never mind, I'm... I'm just talking just to talk now." her hazel eyes landed on Sarah's cigarette.

"Nooooooooo." she quickly snatched the cigarette from her friends hand and pulled it away. "Step one in 'walking the straight edge lifestyle' no smoking." she gave a playful wink. Sarah's eyebrows knitted together a bit tempered but she almost immediately cooled down.

"Yeah I guess" Sarah retorted, handing her the cigarette without too much of a fight; she usually resorted to smoking when she had way too much on her mind. "Oh look there's Antoinette" Sarah said again, pushing out of the bench walking over to the cheerleader.

"Sooo Netty, I heard you were giving my friend here a hard time again" Sarah didn't care for the odds to much, even with a cheerleader trio in front of her; she remained unnerved. "Netty" was notorious for bullying Nicole, and Sarah had heard enough.

"Look new girl you need to get out of my face before I hurt you…" she said, taking a step up as if she fully intended on standing her ground. Antoinette poked her in her sternum which quickly angered Sarah, a florid red texture came upon the face of the young beauty.

"Don't….ever…touch…me" she said, pushing her palm into Netty's chest sending her flailing backwards towards the ground. Hailey and Tracey went with her because of their proximity; hundreds of people gathered around somewhat shocked at Sarah; she didn't see the seriousness of what she did.

Though it was the last day of school, getting caught here would cause this incident to care over next year. "Run girl!" Nicole screamed, rushing behind Sarah as the school security ran in pursuit.
The two girls ran completely off campus, until they were just a few blocks from their respective homes. "Uhn…you…are…one..crazy…girl" Nicole said, gasping for air.

"No…one…messes…with my friends…." Sarah replied also gasping for oxygen. "I need to get home, It's my brothers birthday and I have to buy him something" she explained, whilst starting north.
"Later girly" Nicole waved, before both went their separate ways. In the back of her mind, Sarah knew her dad would find out about what happened between her and Antoinette; every time she got in trouble at school he was the first to find out.

Sitting at her desktop, she almost instinctively got on Facebook; her heart began pounding thunderously, as she felt her phone vibrating deep within her pockets. "Hey mom…" she said, reluctantly.

"Ugh, Yes mom; I'm looking for a cheaper deal on a video game" She sat at her computer; trapping her phone between her cheek and shoulder whilst she filed her nails. "Love you too. K bye" she said, quickly hanging up the phone. There was a bit of nervousness that built up within the pit of her stomach, the feeling of getting in trouble in that moment over took her.

Clicking back into Facebook, she wrote a status one indicative of feelings. "What's this?" a window popped up on the left hand side of her browser. "An email?" there was a look of confusion on her face" not completely understanding what the message meant; she clicked on it and almost instantly passed out.

I don't know how to add spoilers or else I would've done one. I don't usually write more than 100 words, when I'm just "auditioning" for an rpg spot...sooo....you can expect some of this to make it into my first post ^_^

Last edited:

Ash_Ketchum123

That one guy
Years
@ Lilizuki - Your SU looks good~ I can actually see a bit of myself in Adelaide...except I'm a guy ._. Unfortunately, although it wasn't directly mentioned, Sarah has already reserved the last Wild Card. Sorry. Mudkip and Treecko are available though.

@ Sarah - Sarah scares me a bit >.< Um, the appearance section there seems a bit thin, but I'll let that slide. Just the RP sample now. I know I said it was only about you receiving the mail, but if you could just make that a tad longer, I'll accept you in. I'm looking for RPers who can do semi-novel-length RP posts, see. So, until then, you are pending~

Forgot to mention this, but reservations only last 24 hours, so Chuuritsu, you only have until 12:48 pm (GMT +8) to post your SU~

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Hrrrm. Okay.

But can you humor me and explain why, in-game, three of us get Hoenn starters, while the other two get wild cards?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
Ugha... The personality's made me run into a wall.

Hopefully I'll have my SU done by the time I reach my rest stop. That's two hours from now.

I'd still have to type it though. Oh, and about the Pokemon, I'm fine with any that's left. I'm not that experienced with Treecko, only getting as far as the 6th Gym during my playthrough with him as my starter...

You know, if Lilizuki-san won't be taking Treecko, I'll be glad to adopt him =P A self-imposed challenge if you will.

Back