• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I thought you couldnt put hacked Pokemon in the GTS.So you can do that??

The GTS checker is not as 'smart' as the one that they use in official competition.
If the Pokemon was modified to be 'real looking' and legit-like, then the GTS will 'believe' it is real, which is unfortunate.

My suggestion is to trade with people here in PC or by other similar means.
I personally think it's safer here than GTS. Hope that helps! ;)

bleri1200

Bleri
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2016
I'm really starting to get annoyed. I've been doing the Masuda Method to get a shiny Cranidos and I know that it isn't easy but I already have 10 boxes filled with Cranidos, almost 11. Is there anyway to make this a bit easier. For example, where I should ride my bicycle, what I should do in real life as I hunt, or any other strategies.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
I'm really starting to get annoyed. I've been doing the Masuda Method to get a shiny Cranidos and I know that it isn't easy but I already have 10 boxes filled with Cranidos, almost 11. Is there anyway to make this a bit easier. For example, where I should ride my bicycle, what I should do in real life as I hunt, or any other strategies.

Other than receiving the Shiny Charm, nothing will increase your odds. Don't give up and you'll get it eventually. Good luck!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
That's it? Any fully evolved Pokemon is S.O.L.?

Fully evolved Pokemon aren't applicable for holding Eviolite. This also applies to any Pokemon that don't evolve to and from anything.

Here's a list of pre-evolved Pokemon who benefit from Eviolite:
-Porygon2
-Chansey
-Dusclops
-Scyther
-Ferroseed
-Gurdurr
-Machoke
-Misdreavus
-Murkrow
-Metang
-Zweilous
-Fraxure
-Shelgon
-Gabite
-Dragonair
-Seadra
-Electabuzz
-Magmar
-Omanyte
-Munchlax
-Frillish
-Wartortle

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Fully evolved Pokemon aren't applicable for holding Eviolite. This also applies to any Pokemon that don't evolve to and from anything.

Here's a list of pre-evolved Pokemon who benefit from Eviolite:
-Porygon2
-Chansey
-Dusclops
-Scyther
-Ferroseed
-Gurdurr
-Machoke
-Misdreavus
-Murkrow
-Metang
-Zweilous
-Fraxure
-Shelgon
-Gabite
-Dragonair
-Seadra
-Electabuzz
-Magmar
-Omanyte
-Munchlax
-Frillish
-Wartortle

Stage One pokes are also able to use that to correct? Such as Squirtle.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
Stage One pokes are also able to use that to correct? Such as Squirtle.

Yes, as long as they are not the final evolved forms.
Like Butterfree, Lapras, Emolga, Milotic... These Pokemon are unable to use the Eviolite.
Mudkip, Silicoon, Eevee, these Pokemon have not reached their final stage, so therefore able to use the Eviolite.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
1)Cant i put N's Pokemon for trade?
2)If there is a battle between a White and White 2 and the White 2 player has Landorus-T how will the sprite be displayed at the other user?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
1)Cant i put N's Pokemon for trade?
2)If there is a battle between a White and White 2 and the White 2 player has Landorus-T how will the sprite be displayed at the other user?

I can answer the first one, I guess you are talking about GTS.
If you are then the answer is yes, as long as they are not attached with certain event ribbons and legal,
then they can be traded away.
If you're talking about local and Wi-Fi trade, the answer is also yes.
Though you might want to tell your friends beforehand, because some people may not like them.

I am not so sure for the second one, I sort of know it.
But I don't want to give out any false and/or unprecise answers,
so I hope you won't mind that I leave the second question unanswered!

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
I have noticed that in the GTS, you need to have seen a pokemon in order to request a trade for it. Is there any way to unlock all the pokemon to trade via the GTS?

Please refrain from suggesting the Trade corner of this forum. I tried looking at it, and it's like learning to read chinese.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
I have noticed that in the GTS, you need to have seen a pokemon in order to request a trade for it. Is there any way to unlock all the pokemon to trade via the GTS?

Please refrain from suggesting the Trade corner of this forum. I tried looking at it, and it's like learning to read chinese.

Ha, you sort of answered it your own question already! Lol
That's right, in order to request certain Pokemon you must at least seen or caught that Pokemon.
Unfortunately GTS in both Gen IV and V works this way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
Constant communication errors

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but it technically revolves around generation five's connecting to wi-fi.

Does anyone have any idea as to why whenever I trade or use the wi-fi club for black 2, I have had multiple communication errors?

Does pressing a button while the game is thinking or trading cause an error to occur normally, because whenever I press something while the game was thinking, it would crash my connection to the wi-fi network.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2014
Alright, that makes sense. ^^ Thanks for the answer, and thanks to whom ever moved this to the right spot. I'll do my best not to worry aobut the wi-fi issue for now then. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back