• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sentai Rangers Spirits! (Power Rangers and Super Sentai Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Username (Your Nickname): Algo Fonix
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: Nostalgia mostly, but I enjoy the practical effects used in the shows. It's super low budget, but sometimes they really pull it off. There's definitely a certain charm to it. That and I love Godzilla and whatnot so it only makes sense.
Answer the current topic: Eh, those designs are... interesting. I've been out of the toku loop for quite some time, so I'm not exactly in a position to say much without seeing the suits in motion. Maybe they'll grow on me.

You're accepted, Algo Fonix, and welcome to the club! ^^

Like you, I was not fond of Tokkyuger's suits in the first place as well, because I never see modern Super Sentai with this design before, but it started to grow at me, and I hope they'll look great when they are in action.

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
Sign me up!

Username (Your Nickname): The Mighty Kamina
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: I love the energy, design and colors of the show. It's just a blast to watch, Sentai at its best can be fun personified, but also dark and dreary when the story calls for it.
Answer the current topic: Those designs...ehhh... The Tokkyuger helmets have grown on me, but I'm still not a fan of those suits. I think they have too much solid coloring, and it seems redundant to have their number on their helmets and their suits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Starry Windy

Years
Sign me up!

Username (Your Nickname): The Mighty Kamina
Your Super Sentai/Power Rangers Team: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger
Why you like Super Sentai or Power Rangers?: I love the energy, design and colors of the show. It's just a blast to watch, Sentai at its best can be fun personified, but also dark and dreary when the story calls for it.
Answer the current topic: Those designs...ehhh... The Tokkyuger helmets have grown on me, but I'm still not a fan of those suits. I think they have too much solid coloring, and it seems redundant to have their number on their helmets and their suits.

Hello, and welcome to Sentai Rangers Spirits Club, The Mighty Kamina! Btw, you can only choose one team from the start, and Akibaranger is not available on the list yet (it'll be available when the time calls for it), so you'll start with Gokaiger first. And I agree with your opinion that Super Sentai has dynamic story, that when the story goes serious, wow! It's really serious. And I agree with ya about the Tokkyuger suits part, even though it have some uniqueness a bit.

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
Hello, and welcome to Sentai Rangers Spirits Club, The Mighty Kamina! Btw, you can only choose one team from the start, and Akibaranger is not available on the list yet (it'll be available when the time calls for it), so you'll start with Gokaiger first. And I agree with your opinion that Super Sentai has dynamic story, that when the story goes serious, wow! It's really serious. And I agree with ya about the Tokkyuger suits part, even though it have some uniqueness a bit.

Ah, if that's the case, could I just switch to RPM then? I saw two others already claimed Gokaiger!

Starry Windy

Years
Ah, if that's the case, could I just switch to RPM then? I saw two others already claimed Gokaiger!

Done! And well, I have my reason why RPM is one of the best. The characteristics of the Rangers and others (even Dr. K!), and how they combine seriousness with some funny stuff makes me enjoy this show so much.

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
Done! And well, I have my reason why RPM is one of the best. The characteristics of the Rangers and others (even Dr. K!), and how they combine seriousness with some funny stuff makes me enjoy this show so much.

It was the first show to try to reconcile how people would realistically react to Ranger powers and monsters, plus the characters are among my favorites in the series. I also loved Dr. K's definition of the morphing grid. Even if the show is set in an alternate universe to the rest of the series, I still like to think the grid is the same in all connected realities.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Happy to be here! ^^

I've always liked the idea of a mature Power Rangers RP. Sort of more realistic in terms of fights and stuff in stead of cheesy dialogue. I was really wanting to use the Kyoryuger suits for the basis of an RP. What do you guys think?

The Mighty Kamina

Paragon of Masculinity
Years
Happy to be here! ^^

I've always liked the idea of a mature Power Rangers RP. Sort of more realistic in terms of fights and stuff in stead of cheesy dialogue. I was really wanting to use the Kyoryuger suits for the basis of an RP. What do you guys think?

Would it be similar suits or try to do a Kyoryuger-esque storyline?

Starry Windy

Years
If the raptor mecha could be switched from green to black, I'm so there. {:3}

Wow, a Kyoryuger-based suit with all-new story? I so can't wait!

Meanwhile, I have just bought Gosei Great and Sea Brothers Zord that I just spotted in the store (and it's newly released in my country). Man, my country is very late at this. I enjoyed playing it so far.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
The only thing I am concerned about is the amount of interest the rp would get.

Starry Windy

Years
I totally agree, because Power Rangers are more well known outside of Japan, and why, my country also broadcast more of Power Rangers than Super Sentai.

And good news guys, my club is now having a Tokkyuger Campaign! You can PM me if you want to claim Tokkyuger until January 31st at 10:00 PM (UTC+7), and you'll be awarded Tokkyuger as a bonus team in the list on the day it airs at February 16th, 2014!

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Okay! I will work on an RP and inform you guys when it gets posted!

Also, could I make my Sentai team the Kyoryugers for this club? ^^

Starry Windy

Years
*bumpity bump*

Anyway, I have checked that both Saban and Toei have released the teasers of Power Rangers Super Megaforce and Ressha Sentai Tokkyuger!

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back