• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
Thank you! Marty is an old favorite of mine. I think I'll be picking up a mission or two. Are we allowed to catch more than one Pokemon per route?

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Thank you! Marty is an old favorite of mine. I think I'll be picking up a mission or two. Are we allowed to catch more than one Pokemon per route?

Trainers were given enough Pokeballs to catch one Pokemon per route. If you complete a mission that gives you Pokeballs you can use those to catch more, or you can use money gained from missions to buy more. ^.^

LinearAxel

Years
I don't want to boot people...but I don't want to see this die...I have so many plans.

//sigh

If I don't hear from the people who haven't posted or notified me as to why in 36 hours...I'll remove them.

Last edited:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
I'm here, and I've actually been holding Utopian back because I haven't really worked on getting a JP going (I blame work and Orre).

LinearAxel

Years
I'm here, and I've actually been holding Utopian back because I haven't really worked on getting a JP going (I blame work and Orre).

You're fine! You've posted, I've seen you around, it's all good! c=

This post was directed to the people who haven't interacted at all since being accepted.

Sayoko

small evening child
Years
Please excuse the delay, I finally got my first post up now. I was kind of struggling to write anything else interesting about the route we were on without doing any of the missions, but the next one in Cherrygrove should be a better read.

LinearAxel

Years
Hello, everyone!

A few days ago we were discussing, in the skype chat, how gym battles would work.

Traditionally, players bunny the gym leader and write out the battle, but we thought it might be fun to add a different, faster way.

The other option would be to put your Pokemon teams in Pokemon showdown; I will make the gym leader's team and we can battle.

After, one of us can write out how the battle went, or we can put the battle on the page.

What are everyone's opinions on this second option? Do you have other ways you think gym battles could go?

I'll also take this time to do a roll call, if I don't see you here, the IC or the skype in three days, I'll assume you're no longer interested.

LinearAxel

Years
Time for another role call, since there's been no activity for two weeks.

I'll re-open auditions on Sunday night for those that left us.

Years
I'm extremely sorry to still be keeping you waiting, I've been having some rather bad technology issues that have slowed down my RPing a lot. I'm still interested though and will try to post ASAP.

Utopian

"Looks like the party is over"
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
Sorry there were some personal matters for me, I gave PastelPhoenix green light to continue the mission solo. I'll make sure to have a post up soon.

LinearAxel

Years
It seems we have two slots opened. I'll update the character list shortly.

For new applicants, the possible starters are:

172.gif
174.gif
175.gif
240.gif
406.gif
438.gif
440.gif
446.gif
439.gif
238.gif

The chance to re-apply is also available.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Would love to give this RP a shot, so I guess I'll just leave this sign-up here.

Name:​
Dvalin Knight

Male

Home Town:​
Olivine City

Appearance:
Dvalin is rather tall standing at around 6'3. Dvalin has a nice tanned skin color from being outside a majority of the day. He is very athletic from spending his days outside working out or simply going for a run.He has hazel brown eyes which lie behind his basic black framed glasses. His facial features aren't very spectacular, just another basic face as people would say. Despite his basic facial features though, he still stands out in a crowd. He like to keep his dark brown hair smooth with 4 small spikes covering his forehead. He usually likes to wear a white and black collared shirt under his white and grey jacket, with a pair of royal blue shorts, black gloves, stripped socks and white,blue, and black athletic shoes. He also carries around a single strapped blue and black backpack that usually carries anything that he would need ranging from water and towels, to first-aid kits if needed.

Personality:​
Dvalin has separate personalities if you want to call them that. To people he has just met, they will say he is a rude, arrogant and cocky kid who believes he is, has been, and always will be better then you. To those who can get past that or his elders, Dvalin is a kind and caring person, extremely respectful and will do just about anything to place a smile on your face. He is extremely intelligent from also taking days off from his workout routine to learn about technology and pokemon themselves. In battle, Dvalin is a tactician, planning his moves 5 steps in advanced with extreme careful thinking and planning. He also shows his arrogant attitude in battle no matter who he is facing due to his belief that he is the better trainer then anyone in Jhoto. Despite this however, he is extremely passionate about every battle and will never underestimate his opponent. His drive to become the next Jhoto champion drives him forward, believing that winning that title will fulfill his dream of being recognized as the best in Jhoto.

Brief History:​
Being an only child and having a rather rude personality he never really got along with the other kids in Olivine city so he had quite a lot of time when he was done with his school work. Dvalin's usual daily routine was to wake up, eat, go out for a jog or lift weights, come home, shower, eat, school work, rinse and repeat. His mother was a former pokemon trainer from the Unova region while his father was a computer genius, helping to invent many things. Dvalin first took an interest in pokemon after his father gave him a special headset. This headset allowed people to create their own team and battle with one another from just about anywhere in the world. At first, Dvalin was reluctant but gave it a shot. He enjoyed it and made it to rank one in under a week of joining the ranking system. He then changed his routine to fit studying about pokemon and going online to keep his number 1 spot intact while still being able to work out as usual. He never traveled anwhere outside of Olivine City so this will be his first taste of a real adventure.

Chosen Starter:Magby
Nickname: Torch
Moveset:
Thunder Pucnch (Egg Move)
Ember
Clear Smog
Fire Spin

Roleplay Sample:​
"Ok Salamance, Use Giga Impact and finish this fight!" I yell, snapping my fingers as if to signify to my opponent that this match is all but over. Salamance charges down toward the enemy electivire, building up energy as it descends, my opponent panics, trying to figure out what to do, yet knowing deep down inside, he already lost the moment i challenged him for his number 1 ranking position. Salamance connects, knocking the electivire down, rendering him unable to battle.
"Electivire is unable to battle, The winner is Salamance. The winner of the bout and the new number 1 ranked player is... Dvalin Knight!", the announcer proclaims to the stadium. I stand there with my head high glad I won, yet disappointed, because getting to rank one was so easy.
"This... This isn't right! You just joined a week ago, how are you able to beat me, the number one ranked player online?!" I hear the person i just defeated shout toward me. I chuckle a bit as i reply, "Kid, I have always been number 1, you were just keeping it warm for me." I turn my back to him and walk off. I take a deep breath as i remove my glasses from my face. I have done this same motion multiple times, yet it still sends chills down my spine. When I open my eyes, I find myself back in my room.After looking around my rather plain and clean room for a few seconds, I walk toward my desk and pick up my actual glasses and place down the headset my father gave me. I really can't believe i didn't want this thing at first. I look next to the headset to see an open book about pokemon type match-ups, and a bit of dry drool from last night while I fell asleep reading. I shake my head, place my glasses on and adjust them so I don't look like i just woke up and placed them on in a hurry. I run downstairs to see my mom who has been impressed by how well i have been doing in the simulations and my father, who may not have been a pokemon trainer, but still knows quite a lot about them and is a big reason as to why i started taking a liking to pokemon. I smile at them, sit down and begin to eat my small breakfast so I can hurry up and get to my morning jog.
" I heard you've taken the online ranking system by storm Dvalin." My dad says while eating a piece of toast. I smile as I reply to him "Yeah, getting to first place wasn't hard at all after all that studying I did". My mom while impressed by how well i have done, still wasn't convinced that I have the potential to be a great pokemon trainer though.
"They are just simulations though Dvalin, a real battle is nothing like those online battles you have"
I look at her frowning a little, knowing she right, but still a bit upset that she doesn't see that I can be a great trainer.
"I understand that you don't see those battles as real ones, but for the time being, it's the best way to measure my skills with a lot of people in the world, and right now I really think I can be a great trainer, but sadly it's all I can do at the moment." I realize who i just spoke to and instantly regretted it. I quickly stood up, finished my food, bowed and apologized to my mother. I went to my front door, grabbed the handle and took a deep breath.
"Today is another day, let's power through this workout!" I think to myself as i open the door, letting the bright light of the sun and sea salt air of Olivine city hit me right in the face as I head outside to continue my daily routine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Happy to be part of an RP, I'll try to get a post up in the IC thread before i head to sleep, probably just gonna catch a pokemon, nothing special

Back