• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Troubles with translating the game

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
hello, would need a list of script
to make a translation.

example, in PokemonOption, this text options

I want to know if there is a list, or someone make a list of all places in the script where there is text, as part of the game, menu, bag, pokedex eth.

every place where text.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Translating_the_game

Says it all, really. This'll get you a text file containing all the text in the game for translation.

Translation should be the absolute last thing you do for your game. You should also keep a copy of the extracted text file (intl.txt) just in case.

try to do it that way, but it gives compile error.

so wondering if they have a list of every part of the game, menu, bag, eth. to do it that way.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Does the "Extract Text" option work properly and give you an intl.txt file, but you got an error when using the "Compile Text" option? If so, you must have mucked something up during your translation (and you didn't copy-paste the error).

I think it's better to try to resolve whatever error you're getting than to try to work around it, because I know for a fact that what the wiki says works properly.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
Does the "Extract Text" option work properly and give you an intl.txt file, but you got an error when using the "Compile Text" option? If so, you must have mucked something up during your translation (and you didn't copy-paste the error).

I think it's better to try to resolve whatever error you're getting than to try to work around it, because I know for a fact that what the wiki says works properly.

'pokemonsystem! ? 94 ??? typerror ?

cannot convert fixnum into string

Maruno

Years
That leads me to believe you didn't fill in the LANGUAGES array properly. Here's an example of what it should look like:

Code:
LANGUAGES = [  
  ["English","english.dat"],
  ["Deutsch","deutsch.dat"]
]

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
That leads me to believe you didn't fill in the LANGUAGES array properly. Here's an example of what it should look like:

Code:
LANGUAGES = [  
  ["Deutsch","deutsch.dat"]
]

well, now I run and appear languages

but there is another problem

what is not translate in the game

text change does not change the game.

and re-create another file messages.dat every time you start the game.

Maruno

Years
messages.dat is the backup/default set of messages. Leave it alone. If you've chosen a language, it's going to use that language's file (if it exists).

I'm going to have to ask you again to follow the instructions, because they work, and you've already shown once that you failed to do so. Try starting again.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
messages.dat is the backup/default set of messages. Leave it alone. If you've chosen a language, it's going to use that language's file (if it exists).

I'm going to have to ask you again to follow the instructions, because they work, and you've already shown once that you failed to do so. Try starting again.

revise and often

LANGUAGES = [
["Español","espanol.dat"]
]

section appears languages

choose Spanish, with the file to modify espanol.dat formerly called
intl.dat

I compile from Intl.txt, that translated with notepad ++

but the option to choose language, only returning to game boot menu and nothing changes.

original texts are in English and not my changes.

it is as if no language will.

Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2013
serious error

achieve run the translation

but I have another problem very grave

when I choose the initial pokemon appears with question marks, as well as the pokemon in the grass and are not attacks.

but when I speak with underside of mother in my house, and gives the Pokemon level 20, gives no problems.

the problem is in the laboratory to choose the pokemon.

rename only laboratory map, I returned to put its original name but nothing happens.

must be another problem, but not what is.

gravepokemon.gif

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
RPG Maker XP has limited support for .gif files, which causes the sprite to flicker. Try using another sprite (PokéCheck's work fine for me).

Also, you might want to resize the sprite ;)

Back