• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
Years
Hello.
Username: 8bitSilence
Instrument(s): Alto saxophone, I have basic knowledge of FL Studio, trying to figure out Ableton Live.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Umm....ahh..no...no not really. :(
I'm into most types of music, but I can't stand rap or country. I'm sorry, I just can't...

I've played saxophone for 6 years. Used FL Studio for a little less than a year. Less than a week of experience with Ableton Live. I play piano to the point where I can sight read very basic songs, although I'm not really good. My first instrument was the recorder, because pretty much everyone plays the recorder lol.

Don't worry, it's not that weird that you hate rap or country. My whole family doesn't like either of those...

Years
Welcome to the club Krokorok!
Thats a few instruments, how long have you been playing them for.

Do you not have a microphone anywhere? Like a mic on a laptop or something?
I have been playing Guitar for a little over 3 years now. That's pretty much my main instrument. I don't really consider myself to be any good, but I guess better then everything else haha. The others have just been kinda of just using them as writing tools and what not, but I don't really consider myself to be proficient at them but good enough to get the job done if that makes any sense haha. And oh I do have a laptop mic~

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I have been playing the saxophone for a long time too, and i must say i love it, its easy to play, and wonderful to listen to.
And its great to know that i'm not the only person that likes it!!

Thats awesome, you should record yourself playing for us! That'd be fantastic!

I found FL Studio impossible to manage. I'm better with logic.

That sounds really cool. What kind of music have you been making with logic lately? Anything you'd like to share with us?

I was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on this track test that I made for a cover of mine. It's the intro to a song on bass, keep in mind it's my first time recording.

[url=http://soundcloud.com/abrahan-nevarez/dear-agony-test/s-zpEA9]Link
[/URL]

I love that song if its Dear Agony from Breaking Benjamin which I think it sounds like. Very nice! Next time when you're recording try putting the mic right in front of the amp if possible. It'd make it louder and possible clear and make the background sounds quieter!

I have been playing Guitar for a little over 3 years now. That's pretty much my main instrument. I don't really consider myself to be any good, but I guess better then everything else haha. The others have just been kinda of just using them as writing tools and what not, but I don't really consider myself to be proficient at them but good enough to get the job done if that makes any sense haha. And oh I do have a laptop mic~

What kind of songs do you prefer playing on the guitar? And what do you think your most technical song is!?
You should record something for us with the laptop mic! Yayyys!

Drummer for the God Knows Project, where are you? How is it going??

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
The composer for Adytum: Bound by Blood (my game) released a mindblowing breathtaking track from her own fangame she's making and I have to share it because it's just absolutely beautiful.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
@CarefulWetPaint
It is in fact the song from Breaking Benjamin, however I didn't record using a microphone I just played with my head phones off.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thats incredible Kurui, you're so lucky to be able to work with so many talented people! Rather envious of you.

Kroso I dont really understand what you mean by played with your headphones off? How did you record the song to upload it?

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Thats incredible Kurui, you're so lucky to be able to work with so many talented people! Rather envious of you.

Kroso I dont really understand what you mean by played with your headphones off? How did you record the song to upload it?

I meant, that I recorded it while the amp was running, and just played near my computer. I just made sure the amp was loud enough to be heard so that the program would record it.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Username: Algo Fonix
Instrument(s) played: Bass
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: No... sorry. D:

I've played bass for... probably 7 or 8 years now. I've fallen out of practice horribly though. Only recently I've been playing a bit more and trying to enjoy it again. My major influences are Geddy Lee, John Myung, Steve Harris, and Kristoffer Gildenlöw.

I mostly play rock... but recently I've listened to a lot of jazz, so there's that.

I hope to get back into shape and record a bit.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years

I meant, that I recorded it while the amp was running, and just played near my computer. I just made sure the amp was loud enough to be heard so that the program would record it.

Ahkk. Thats what I meant by putting the computer/amp closer to each other so you mainly hear the bass coming through the amp. It did sound fairly clear though :) Well done!

Username: Algo Fonix
Instrument(s) played: Bass
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: No... sorry. D:

I've played bass for... probably 7 or 8 years now. I've fallen out of practice horribly though. Only recently I've been playing a bit more and trying to enjoy it again. My major influences are Geddy Lee, John Myung, Steve Harris, and Kristoffer Gildenlöw.

I mostly play rock... but recently I've listened to a lot of jazz, so there's that.

I hope to get back into shape and record a bit.

Welcome! Wow. Thats a LONG time you must be a fantastic player! I'd love to hear some of your playing, Im sure its incredible. I dont know any of the bassists off the top of my head though :S Do you play with anyone or just a bedroom player? xD

New discussion point everyone:

Who influenced you the most into playing music?

I would have to say my father and bestfriend pushed me into music. My father plays guitar and was always trying to get me to play and my mate is a really good guitarist and wanted someone else to play with so got me into it as well (Though ironically we rarely play together.) Also listening to Buckethead made me want to play guitar as well, hes a beast!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Matt Bellamy. After watching him play Plug In Baby... Just wow. He was my idol; I wanted to be exactly like him. So I borrowed my friend's old guitar and started to play it, and obviously I couldn't play anything remotely good at the time, but it was so much fun to play around with it. So later I bought my first guitar and started learning some basic tunes and then started to get lessons too, with my guitar teacher being the most incredible teacher you could imagine. Honestly I don't think I'd have played this long without his encouragement and guidance; he really made the whole thing feel worth-while and achievable. Ironically I didn't learn Plug In Baby till like a year after first playing guitar though x]

So yeah, a mixture of Matt Bellamy (from Muse) and my guitar teacher c:

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016

I always loved music, so naturally I always wanted to learn how to specific songs. However, specific artists inspire me in certain aspects. Alexi Lahio inspires me to play quicker, even though I have issues with my fingers sometimes. Benjamin Burnely inspires me with a light picking yet heavy style, while their bassist Mark inspires me with his unique smooth style.

Algo Fonix

oh god
Years
Welcome! Wow. Thats a LONG time you must be a fantastic player! I'd love to hear some of your playing, Im sure its incredible. I dont know any of the bassists off the top of my head though :S Do you play with anyone or just a bedroom player? xD

Thanks!

I played in a band... for a couple years. It went nowhere and basically was just a loooot of stress. D:

Nowadays though, I just play for fun. I'll sometimes go to a friend's house and we'll do some jamming, but nothing major. I wouldn't say I'm that good, but I'm ok if I'm not totally out of practice. I'll hopefully... record something soon-ish :O

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Well, I guess if it was who influenced me into playing it then it would be my parents. They made me do an instrument when I was in 4th grade. But after that, I just started listening to more music, getting more into it. Before I knew it, I was composing stuff, etc.

Oh, and btw, I will be able to start learning piano because there is a teacher moving into a house down our street. :D

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years

Well, my Grandfather (cause he was a music teacher) started me out on Piano. And Mum and Dad also encouraged me a bit. Then, when my Grandfather had to close his music shop, he gave me my first ever clarinet.
Then it was basically just me for a few years - till I got my ex-music teacher 2 years ago, he's moved away now, but he was a great influence :D

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Spoiler:

What do you guys think of the current wooden guitar?
It's based off a fender by the way.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
My father is the one who cuts the wood, because I could easily hurt myself.
Also, we didn't use a tutorial or anything we just use a Fender telecaster as a base for the guitar.
It took just six days to get where you see in that picture, we just need some parts and then we're finished with it.

Back