• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day Night System - By Interdpth & ZodiacDaGreat

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
This works for me (just a little test) but I think there could be better colors for that too :D It's too red in the afternoon for me.

lol, thinking of a color slider like on the failed attempt at a DaN system by... umm... forgot their names, haven't heard from them in forever.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
AndryAndrew and HackLars made the first public DAN system. But this is irrelevant.

This tool is awesome. I only will use it on Ruby though, as that is all I will probably hack. I like the fact you can choose which pallettes to ake DAN affect, as well as if you want R G B shading, but an option to edit the amount would be nice, if possible.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
idk why, but on one computer...(wow that sounds familiar if u read my sg thread...) the day and night works without a hich, unfortunately this is the computer i'm *not* allowed to hack on (yay for flashdrives) but on this computer, the program works fine and all, the game doesnt' crash, but even with RTC *on* i always get the broad daylight pallette, today i'm gonna see if a patch from my good comp will make dan work on this un. And yush, the rtc setting in vba is checked. Maybe i just need an updated vba....*tries that*
*edit*
The updated vba worked...well the version i had was hacked by somebody but it was still the same version, but the un-hacked version worked great ^-^ (just thought i would post this for anyone else who had this problem)

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Don't mean to be a bother, but would a color slider like AndryAndrew and Hacklars's DaN be possible... scratch that, be ideal?
I love this program as it is already, I've very much so been enjoying Pokemon Fire Red Version with this, but I gotta agree with Late on this one, it's difficult to make a nice looking "Afternoon" color...
Also, does the "Lighten" option affect ALL of the times of day, or just the selected one?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Uh, figuring out the palette arithmetic s is hard. But we'll see :D I added that lighten option there, but the change is insignificant you can tell it's lighter if you compare them in very close range XD And yes, it affects all periods.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Uh, figuring out the palette arithmetic s is hard. But we'll see :D I added that lighten option there, but the change is insignificant you can tell it's lighter if you compare them in very close range XD And yes, it affects all periods.

I'm quite the mathematician myself... what seems to be the problem?

Also... I found an.. error so to speak.
If you watch the teachy TV, the DaN system gets disabled until you enter a battle, or change map...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2013
for me it does not change anything.
could this be because of i added other palettes?

found out that the answer is yes, maybee u should add an option to import your own palettes in it?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
Mmm tested it on a rom hack without d/n patched.
1 map failed the starter town but the rest of the maps worked with it.
how can this be possible the map is not a cave.

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I`ve tested it and now i can play ru/sa and fr/lg with this day and night system,this work,but this can kill my rom?or have some bugs,etc?i only teste it in a few maps...
Edit:If i use this in a fire red rom,this takes the Computer time?or it works like ruby and saphire,putting the time on the clock?

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
***** <- five stars well done well done works like a charm

Dude_flibble_07

Whaddya mean your not me dad?
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2010
Heyyy need help for FR... how do I make it work? i'm probs just a noob but if someone can help, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2010
flibble, don't forget to set your VBA emulator to real time clock under "Options".

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Anyone wining because it doesn't work on XP...
It sucks because it doesn't work on a dead OS?

Just sayin... You know, Zombies and such...

Edit: On a more relevant note, it wirks awesomely on even a hacked ROM!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2010
A lot of people use XP because they dislike Vista.

Another question: with this, can we evolve Eevee into Umbreon and Espeon?

OM3GA Umbr30n

Was Mazot2
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 3, 2010
Question?
how does the system work? once i know how i can help you guys with my logic alot.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back