• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

blue

gucci
Years
I can imagine custom-made clothes would be available too, you can do that in Animal Crossing using the QR Code reader so maybe something similar to that?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Smogon has an article about the full type match-up of the Fairy-type...

It's mostly rumors (as they pointed out), but who all think it'll all be true?

I can give a link if you guys would like to read this article...

Years
Here's the link from Smogon that Stoney was talking about.

But still, I think the final matchups could be very similar to what the Pokebeach rumors stated. If Dark is weak to Fairy, it means Sableye and Spiritomb finally have a true weakness, and also the rumor about being strong against Fighting, I'd imagine Pangoro and the Scraggy line having 4x Fairy weakness if the rumors are true. With the type chart to be revealed in CoroCoro's October issue, I still keep thinking of that rumor. I'm hoping they confirm the Steel and Poison weakness as true since that could see some big changes in competitive play due to Poison-types not being used a lot in the standard OU metagame.

The article was also written by our very own [supporter]Forever[/supporter] who you may have known on our Showdown server under the name skylight.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Here's the link from Smogon that Stoney was talking about.

But still, I think the final matchups could be very similar to what the Pokebeach rumors stated. If Dark is weak to Fairy, it means Sableye and Spiritomb finally have a true weakness, and also the rumor about being strong against Fighting, I'd imagine Pangoro and the Scraggy line having 4x Fairy weakness if the rumors are true. With the type chart to be revealed in CoroCoro's October issue, I still keep thinking of that rumor. I'm hoping they confirm the Steel and Poison weakness as true since that could see some big changes in competitive play due to Poison-types not being used a lot in the standard OU metagame.

The article was also written by our very own [supporter]Forever[/supporter] who you may have known on our Showdown server under the name skylight.

If that's true then Jigglypuff will finally be able to take down Fighting types...one of it's weaknesses.

However Fairies aren't "good" at least not in myth...they're more amoral (doing things for the lolz) good or evil.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
If that's true then Jigglypuff will finally be able to take down Fighting types...one of it's weaknesses.

However Fairies aren't "good" at least not in myth...they're more amoral (doing things for the lolz) good or evil.
I've heard that faries (or sprites) are the Irish's counterpart of the grim reaper...

Years
Not sure if it's considered a rumor, but Hiro just provided which other Pokemon are getting Mega Evolutions: https://twitter.com/Hirobyte/status/375367903107117056

I'll translate the tweet for non spanish speakers he said "Give us time. There's still many MegaEvolutions to go"
However the ? marks makes it sound like he's guessing or tipping his hat aka hinting which ones will get Megas...wouldn't mind a MegaMew though...

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
Did anyone watched the new Japanese X and Y trailer? I'll try to post a link this day.

Nothing special is shown, excepty a scene in which a horde battle is taking place with 4 Oorotto and 1 Sudowoodo. I still don't believe they're related, especcially because they are the same level.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Did anyone watched the new Japanese X and Y trailer? I'll try to post a link this day.

Nothing special is shown, excepty a scene in which a horde battle is taking place with 4 Oorotto and 1 Sudowoodo. I still don't believe they're related, especcially because they are the same level.

I searched both the Japanese Pokemon site (which hasn't even updated with the Mega Kanto starters or anything about the kanto starters which is weird....and their last few videos have been about the World Championship.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022

Here's the video:
Spoiler:

I read a good explanation for this in pokéjungle:
Spoiler:

Makes complete sense to me.

And about that emo llama/alpaca pokémon, it looks like an ice type to me, or maybe even an ice/dark type. That landscape, however...
And for those who haven't seen it yet, here's the picture:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
Well, having multiple pokemon species in a horde will definitely make it more interesting. I don't really find any striking similarities that could make sudowoodo and ooroto part of the same line.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years

The levels don't mean anything...

For example, Eevee can evolve into Vaporeon & still be the same level, because he/she evolved by a water stone.

It just depends on HOW Sudowoodo evolves into Oorotto, if it does.

(Oorotto does look like a Sudowoodo evolved form, but Alomola did looked like a Luvdisc evolved...)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I don't think Sudowoodo is related to Orotto. Design wise they just don't show any similarities to each other even if they are both trees(well kinda). Of course this could be the case of an abnormal evolution similar to Poliwhirl and Politoed but there's no way of knowing that.

Years
I don't think Sudowoodo is related to Orotto. Design wise they just don't show any similarities to each other even if they are both trees(well kinda). Of course this could be the case of an abnormal evolution similar to Poliwhirl and Politoed but there's no way of knowing that.
Oorotto looks like a dead tree, and Sudowoodo is based on fossilized trees so that could be an explanation for the look. Or maybe it could be an alternate Bonsley evolution...I prefer Sudowoodo evolution though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Oorotto looks like a dead tree, and Sudowoodo is based on fossilized trees so that could be an explanation for the look. Or maybe it could be an alternate Bonsley evolution...I prefer Sudowoodo evolution though.

Yeah if its related to Sudowood, it would be better if it was its evolution. Still I just see Orotto as a stand alone pokemon but who knows anything can happen. Anyway talking about Orotto what type you guys see it being? I prefer it being Ghost/Grass than Dark/Grass.

Years
If it's a solo or from a different line than Sudowoodo, then I expect it to be Grass/Ghost or Grass/Dark too. If an evolution of Sudowoodo then I expect it to be Rock/Dark. However Rock/Ghost would be cool to see, would get rid of Rock's weakness to Fighting.

Back