• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] How can I add new held item effects to Pokemon Emerald?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I'm surprised that I haven't been able to find anything resembling a tutorial for this. I have seen some hacks that have new held items and their effects but I have absolutely no idea how you're supposed to do this. Does anyone know to do this or have a link to a tutorial? I want to make items like Life Orb, Expert Belt, etc

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
There are a few examples in this thread, but most of them are for Fire Red. The easiest way is to use the emerald battle engine upgrade, but if you don't want to use that for whatever reason you'll have to add the effects with ASM or C.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
I'm trying to add them with ASM but they just don't seem to be working for whatever reason. I don't want to use the battle engine upgrade because, from my experience, it's quite buggy and has a lot of features I don't really want. If there's some way for me to only use the held item effects from the battle engine upgrade I will 100% do that

Back