• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Need Drama/Sad/Romance Anime Suggestions

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Hello! I am trying to get back into anime, and I was wondering if you all had good anime suggestions, specifically drama/sad anime, or romance anime. I've already seen Clannad/Clannad Afterstory (it's my favorite anime of all time), Angel Beats, Elfen Lied, Kotoura-san, one week friends, and a few others I can't think of right now. Oh, I've also seen your lie in april.

I really like cheesy romance anime with a sprinkle of drama in it, as well as dramatic or overly sad anime, so if anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Years
Have basically every romance anime (and a few that just happen to include romance) I've ever watched split into two lists because I have too much time on my hands.

Cheesy/Comedic/Lighthearted (Plus some feels)
Tsurezure Children
Lovely Complex
Toradora
Oreimo (Stop before the end of the second season to enjoy a better story lmao)
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru
Golden Time
Hachimitsu to Clover (Although it could also go on the other list)
Sasameki Koto (as above)
Acchi Kocchi
Hiyokoi
Hori-san to Miyamura-kun
Sakura Trick
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
Seiren

Dramatic
Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora
AnoHana
Koe no Katachi
Kimi no Na wa
Tamako Love Story
ef; A Tale of Memories
ed; A Tale of Melodies
Hourou Musuko
Sakarasou no Pet na Kanojo (could go in either tbh)
Orange
Tsuki ga Kirei
Bokura ga Ita
Gosick (Although romance isn't exactly the focus, it is a big part of the character development imo)
Kokoro Connect (Also has a lot of comedic moments)
Kuzu no Honkai
True Tears
Kimi no Todoke
Aoi Hana
Sukitte Ii na yo
Ao Haru Ride
Kyoukai no Kanata
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Myself ; Yourself
Charlotte (sort of, and the first half is more comedic than dramatic)
Byousoku 5 Centimeter

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Thank you! I hope I can find those on hulu or netflix :c those are the only places i can really watch anime because i can't stand constant ads on crunchyroll or other websites/apps

Years
Thank you! I hope I can find those on hulu or netflix :c those are the only places i can really watch anime because i can't stand constant ads on crunchyroll or other websites/apps

Crunchyroll ads disappear with paid membership and there are several streaming sites who will not display ads whilst the show is actually running. Between all the different services available, you should easily be able to find all of those.

Back