• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Modular Title Screen

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 26, 2016
I cant install it im new in it , can you pls give me an Essentials Folder with your gen 6 intro and battle theme pls ?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I cant install it im new in it , can you pls give me an Essentials Folder with your gen 6 intro and battle theme pls ?

The following is an add-on to Pokemon Essentials. The point of this add-on is to bundle multiple animated title screens, resembling the title screens of the official Pokemon Games.

The settings for the script are pretty simple, and are explained in the comments of the script itself...

The script and resources are plug-and-play. Just copy and paste the script above main, and the resources in the appropriate folders.

It's fairly simple.. and just giving you everything like that defeats the purpose of Luka's work. He's already made it plug and play and even provided you with place holder resources. That's not to say you can't ask for help but retry installing the script in a fresh version of Essentials to see if it's clashing with any other script you have installed first. If not then you can install properly in your project; follow the instructions in Luka's initial post directly and everything should work fine out of the box.

Incidentally, I was wondering if the EBSDemo only functions using the 6th generation style? I was rooting around in the code while changing the script to fit my needs and couldn't see any way to call it from a different style. I tried calling it the same way it's called in the Gen6 section:
Code:
PlayEBDemo.new if defined?(DynamicPokemonSprite)
    raise Reset.new
  end
When I do however, when the music ends instead of playing the demo it stays black for 3 or 4 seconds and then restarts the titles screen proper. Am I missing something I need to add for it to show correctly? If it isn't possible that's fine, I just thought it'd be interesting to convert the EBS demo to be more of a demo for my project.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Hello.
The Script has several options and it's really useful and amazing, I'm using the HG/SS style and taste enough, but I wonder if it is possible to add that scene whit Gengar vs. Nidorino that has both the FR/LG as the Custon in this that I use too?

UchihaBruno123

Creator of Pokémon Revelations
Years
Hello,
I am making some changes in the script and would like to know how i put the Gen 1 intro in others title screen styles.I only have to add the ClassicIntro.new above GenStyle.new?

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hello.
The Script has several options and it's really useful and amazing, I'm using the HG/SS style and taste enough, but I wonder if it is possible to add that scene whit Gengar vs. Nidorino that has both the FR/LG as the Custon in this that I use too?
Hello,
I am making some changes in the script and would like to know how i put the Gen 1 intro in others title screen styles.I only have to add the ClassicIntro.new above GenStyle.new?

I've updated the script and added a PLAY_INTRO_SCENE configuration constant which, by default, is set to false. You can read through the commented parts of the script to see that if you set it to 1, you'll play the FRLG intro with whatever SCREENSTYLE you set. This is mainly to pave way for the compatibility for other potential intro scenes I may or may not do in the future.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
I've updated the script and added a PLAY_INTRO_SCENE configuration constant which, by default, is set to false. You can read through the commented parts of the script to see that if you set it to 1, you'll play the FRLG intro with whatever SCREENSTYLE you set. This is mainly to pave way for the compatibility for other potential intro scenes I may or may not do in the future.

A great job, thanks for that.

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Let's try again ... just when i put the "SCREENSTYLE = 6" and start the game aprece this error:
RPG MAKER STOPPED RUNNING
When I change the SCREENSTYLE = 6 for SCREENSTYLE = 4 PLAY NORMALLY wheel ...

NOTE: SCREENSTYLE = 6 <- Game does not run
          SCREENSTYLE = 4 <- Wheel Game
           ERROR: RPG STOPPED FUNCINNAR.

Well I can only report it. Sorry, grateful!
You should probably try it in a fresh essentials first and see where you are going wrong. If it works in clean essentials and not in your project then something is probably stopping it.
"RPG STOPPED FUNCINNAR." I don't think rpgxp will even give an error box like that.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
You should probably try it in a fresh essentials first and see where you are going wrong. If it works in clean essentials and not in your project then something is probably stopping it.
"RPG STOPPED FUNCINNAR." I don't think rpgxp will even give an error box like that.

Thanks for all! I found the "error" :D
Well, I found out how to fix ... For someone who has the same mistake, here goes: First, is not the RPG MAKER XP for work, but the RGSS. To fix it you should in Pokemon Essentials folder ... And inside, you should go in CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS (whose name is GAME) (Its icon resembles an icon Notepad). Once this is done, you will be informing its .DLL. Then you should download it ... If you do not correct it, download all .DLL that there ... From now on, grateful!

Venomous_Zero86

Pokemon Chosen Ones (Coming Soon)
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Feb 11, 2022
Please install the Title Screens script through the UPI. Then, compile your game data.
Thank you now this is my screen

pokemon_chosen_ones_tittle_screen_updated_by_venomouszero-dbgpi69.png

PoCitMonster

DotDotDot
Years
I'm having an error

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Script 'Resource_UltimateTitleScreen' line 1178: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant GenSixStyle::VIEWPORT_HEIGHT
OK

I use to work but recently I just get this I even installed it into a base essentials and copies that code exactly from there and it still won't work

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I'm having an error

Pokemon Essentials
Script 'Resource_UltimateTitleScreen' line 1178: NameError occurred.

uninitialized constant GenSixStyle::VIEWPORT_HEIGHT
OK

I use to work but recently I just get this I even installed it into a base essentials and copies that code exactly from there and it still won't work

Protip: Don't delete the SJPlugins_Updater.

Years
I've been testing the credits scene, and after playing the credits of the game, the screen is frozen and when I click on a button, i hear a save game sound and then this error appears: The script is hanging.

Back