• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Fire Red Evolution

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
Pokémon Fire Red Evolution

Version: 0.95 (Length: End of Victory Road)
Introduction:
Pokémon Fire Red Evolution is a difficulty hack of Pokémon Fire Red which not only has improved trainers but also features several enhancements over the original game such as a PSS split, new moves/abilities from future installments, an updated type chart and much more.

Features:
→All cross-generation (pre)evolutions are added, meaning that there are 416 Pokémon in the game.
→All Pokémon are available for capture in at least one area before the Elite Four.
→All mechanics updated to Gen VI standards as closely as possible, this includes move buffs and Pokémon updates such as Fairy typing, stat increases and Gen IV abilties
→Some TMs and Move Tutors have been updated to teach more useful moves, in addition, TMs are now scattered throughout PokéMarts for purchase.
→Most Pokémon sprites have been updated to give the hack a modern feel alongside the new mechanics changes.
→Trade Evolutions and other inconvenient evolution methods have been replaced.
→Several Pokémon have received alterations in base stats, abilities and learn sets to make them more unique and/or viable in gameplay. A majority of these are inspired by Hidden Abilties and Mega Evolutions in future games. (Not available in the basic version)
→Several moves have received alterations to make them more viable in gameplay, examples include the HM moves Cut and Strength. (Not available in the basic version)
(More details in the documentations)

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

Level Curve: (Blaine is now the 6th gym leader, meaning Saffron is inaccessible until after the Sevii Isle quest)
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Future Plans:
Spoiler:

Any feedback be it positive or negative is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
Just a heads-up, the TM/HMs locations and the Read Me documents are all just a bunch of letters, numbers, symbols, etc.

Years
This hack looks amazing... I love the changes and the Gen 4 pokemon...
I'm definitly going to play this. Might even start a Nuzlocke run in it.
Good job ! And good luck making it even better :D

But umm...

''→Finish Sevii Isles 4-7 (Postgame)''

Does that mean the game is done already up to the Champion ? :O

Someone actually posted an almost-done game here ? AWESOME. xD

Question:
Do you think Nuzlocking this game would be possible ? :P

Last edited:

SuperEspeon

Sinnohbaby
Years
Love this hack! I will be doing a Nuzlocke Let's Play of this on my Youtube Channel so hopefully this will get more attention.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023
I'm loving this so far, it's the Kanto experience I really wanted. Are there any save editors that work with it, though? A-Save doesn't.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Hey Jimmies, can you post a text guide (ie: Pastebin) that has the levels/items/information of the eight Gym Leaders, E4 and Champ? When ROM hackers say there is a difficulty increase, the majority of them go out of control to make a difficult game. I just want to know what I'm dealing with before I download it.

Obviously this is not finished yet, but once you're done with the game, could you make one? Thanks.

I'm loving this so far, it's the Kanto experience I really wanted. Are there any save editors that work with it, though? A-Save doesn't.
Have you tried Metropolis? I had issues with A-Save until I downloaded Metropolis. It works for Generations 1-3, but its worth a shot.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
Hey Jimmies, can you post a text guide (ie: Pastebin) that has the levels/items/information of the eight Gym Leaders, E4 and Champ? When ROM hackers say there is a difficulty increase, the majority of them go out of control to make a difficult game. I just want to know what I'm dealing with before I download it.

Obviously this is not finished yet, but once you're done with the game, could you make one? Thanks.

Have you tried Metropolis? I had issues with A-Save until I downloaded Metropolis. It works for Generations 1-3, but its worth a shot.

Was there another save editor apart of Enciclopedia Pokemon? (Who only edited the first box and the party)
Wow!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I can't read the Pokemon changes document. I converted it from rtf to doc and when I try to read it, it saysithe file is damaged. Please help, the attack update and level up moves document was successfully converted and that one I can read just fine. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW I'm doing all this on android.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 12, 2023

I just tried Metropolis, it doesn't completely make the .sav unreadable by the game, but it corrupts it and makes the game load the backup save. Pity, I really want my Hidden Powers and EVs, hope there are ways to reset EVs ingame or something

Incredibly difficult in the time between Brock and a bit after Misty, but once my Venusaur and Haunter leveled up they wreck everything together. Really, really great.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 1, 2016
Thanks for all the feedback.

Does that mean the game is done already up to the Champion ? :O

Question:
Do you think Nuzlocking this game would be possible ? :P
Yes and yes, this hack was actually made with nuzlocking in mind.

I'm sorry, but did you say mega evoutions? Like mega evolutions are in this game?
No, just normal evolutions that weren't in Gen III like Yanmega and Sylveon.

looks great !
how far current version goes ?
The champion, so all of the main game.

Can't really answer this as I haven't used save editors.

No problem, check the "Level Curves" section.

I can't read the Pokemon changes document. I converted it from rtf to doc and when I try to read it, it saysithe file is damaged. Please help, the attack update and level up moves document was successfully converted and that one I can read just fine. Am I doing something wrong?

BTW I'm doing all this on android.
Try seeing if it opens on windows, I haven't tried them on android, however I might make NotePad versions of the documents that would work on android.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
I see, I actually don't have a computer or laptop ATM so, yeah I guess I'm stuck for now.

Thanks for replying. :)

Years
You added the the levels of the gym leaders and bosses... I see...

You know... It looks pretty fine actually ! I'm currently fighting the Nugget Bridge in Nuzlocke mode... Yeah I'm Nuzlocking it :P You surprised me there with Petrel... He's pretty hard though... The game is a bit hard during a Nuzlocke but I guess it should be possible...

Actually a lot of trainers surprised me with OP moves so early... Petrel's Flamethrower Koffing almost killed Ivysaur :C

But I guess that's part of the challenge... Good work so far ! I'm really enjoying it.

*Edit - If you really made this hack with nuzlocking in mind... You're evil... I just saw a Swords dance + Speed boost + Acrobatics Ninjask -,- WHAT THE HELL.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2015
This is a very cool hack. A lot of very interesting features, and I'll be Nuzlocking it to top it off :D

I hope that this will be fully finished soon.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Since I am unable to read certain documents at the moment, I need to know where to get Sylveon. More specifically, how does Eevee evolve into Sylveon?

Thanks in advance if you decide to answer my question, I'd really appreciate it.

Back