• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
@Larvitar719
It's because you did an event out of order. Have you already defeated the 5 dancers and obtained HM 03 Surf? If so, then you might be out of luck for now...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
In answer to both of you, I stated in my post or somewhere that only the first of the five islands are completed and will be available fully in beta 3.1. The full 5 islands with an extra 6th island will be available for beta 4, aka the probably finished version.
I see, so it will be the same length as the previous version. Okay thanks for answering =)

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2012
what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt

Years
I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

Edit: It is now Sandstorming on route 30...

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
I'm not sure this is a bug, but it snowed in New Bark, Sandstormed on Route 29, and thunderstormed on Route 30. Just seems weird...

No, it's actually a feature of this hack.

A very annoying feature.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015

It's a feature.
It's makes the hack somewhat challenging because the weather effects pokémon ... like rain powers water type. Sandstorm hurts all types barring ground and rock at end of turns.

It's quite a good feature tbh.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
I see, so it will be the same length as the previous version. Okay thanks for answering =)

Well the last beta only went up to the first gym. This adds a little extra not much though.

what about Feraligatr back sprite? you should change it, cus its kinda annoying seeing his butt

I love that back sprite its funny lol.

It's a feature.
It's makes the hack somewhat challenging because the weather effects pokémon ... like rain powers water type. Sandstorm hurts all types barring ground and rock at end of turns.

It's quite a good feature tbh.

The weather in beta 2.1 was for the week day events to happen and also for a bit of variety. I had to use 7 different ones for each of the days. In 3.1 thats not a problem so the weather is limited to only common ones, plus seasonable weather based on the UK.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2014
i think that i have already told you, but the receiving pokemon events does not work because the sprites and battle crys are messed up, and the pokemon does not evolve (dont know if you made it like that) but its for every pokemon that you receive from people (aka the starters) i think its like a Missingno glitch or something

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i think that i have already told you, but the receiving pokemon events does not work because the sprites and battle crys are messed up, and the pokemon does not evolve (dont know if you made it like that) but its for every pokemon that you receive from people (aka the starters) i think its like a Missingno glitch or something
Are they Johto and Hoenn ones? If yes then it's just due to the fact that you don't have National Dex.

Nickmonster

I AmThe Best So Give It A Rest
Years
I am gonna start playing on Beta 2.1 so I can get ready for 3.1. This looks really nice. Good luck on finishing it.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years

You see, a lot of people complain about that. But Feraligatr didn't get a change of backsprite. So yeah, the Nintendo-made backsprite will be changed.. I'll see if I can make a custom one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Of course =D Any non-Kanto pokémon evolve once you obtain National Dex =)
I thought that the evolution error was only the case for fire red/leaf green. I used a save state editor before on Liquid Crystal and I gave myself a Slakoth via the editor, and it evolved without hassle, but when I tried on FR, it didn't work... Also, if anyone happens to want to try the editor, go here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249554 (I posted it in the wrong thread, and an admin locked it...) Some of it's in Spanish, but a lot has been translated. It works on all versions of R/S/E/FR/LG. I did not make this just fyi, I used Google to find it.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Well guys, I've tested up til Lavender already which is pretty good. Just wanted to say something about all the old trainer requests.

Lots of people requested to be in victory road, near the league or someplace around there. Well I've decided to place them all over the place otherwise there will be 100 trainers on victory road. Instead i'll just spread them out across all 3 regions to make them more balanced and i'll adjust the levels based on the area i choose (like before). Just saying that the trainers will be there, just not where you wanted them originally.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Great to hear that the trainers will still be in the game I liked the originality and extra trainers to fight.

Though are you fixing the trainers that were wrong? I remember that a couple of the trainers had the wrong pokemon suggested, like the one I did. Located in the Cinibar volcano was supposed to be a trainer with fire types only however he had 1 fire type and then flying type pokemon. I Think there were others as well just can't remember the specifics.

Can't wait for the new beta, was thrilled that this thing got picked back up.

Back