• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
Years
I'm pretty sure after the 5th Gen Games are released, that will be the next game. The Hoenn remakes, they HAVE to make those Remakes. They remade every one else. I would totally buy it, Hoenn was awesome. : ]

Reliving the story in the HG / SS style or 5th Gen Style would be amazing. Think of the Sky Pillar, and Rayquaza appearing and such.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There are going to be remakes and they are going to be the best remakes ever much like HGSS out did FRLG MRSA will out do HGSS and the other games in the 5 gen... though Isshu is coming out as a pretty decent region to explore... would love to see Hoenn with the same graphics, would make it feel bigger and people would forget that almost half of Hoenn is water...

kaiser32

Rhymin' and Stealin' ~
Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2013
There are going to be remakes and they are going to be the best remakes ever much like HGSS out did FRLG MRSA will out do HGSS and the other games in the 5 gen... though Isshu is coming out as a pretty decent region to explore... would love to see Hoenn with the same graphics, would make it feel bigger and people would forget that almost half of Hoenn is water...

If they don't remake R/S/E, I will stab five puppies. I really want to play through the Hoenn again. I mean c'mon best games of the pokemon series.

SunStorm55

Old-School Trainer
Years
Definitely, generation 3 and 4 both have three new games and two remakes, Maybe it will be the same for the 5th generation. Especially with the absence of a GBA slot on the DSi now the third gen games can't be played on newer systems. So I would expect to see them sometime after Black/White/Third Game (Grey?). Would I buy it? No, but only because I really think Pokemon was best in the days of generations 1 and 2. After that I think it went downhill. (Though generation 3 was not too bad.)

Years
Gen II hinted at a remake of Gen I:

* Being able to catch Pokemon from R/B/G/Y
* Going to Kanto
* 8-bit graphics.

Joking aside, I really don't think the "hints" are actually "hints" IMO.
They are simply just certain things that are mentioned so the games feel like sequels.
Other things are just a coincidence.

dooxer

42 or not 42
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 21, 2013
Yeah, Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver have sold millions of units within a month so I would of thought they'd do the same for Ruby & Sapphire which would probally sell millions just like previous pokemon games, I personally loved Pokemon R/S/E & Hoenn so i'd LOVE to see a remake.

meh, you can transfer r/s/e pokemon via the catching thing, little reason to right now. I expect later, maybe a new console... 3DDS people? climbing mount pyre in 3D? O.O

Linkdude231

Hylian Chosen One
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2018
i think that there will be possibly be a R/S remake, but with some more recent features like using the stylus with the pokenav, along with possibly adding more features to the pokenav itself

Charizard632

Now a great Touhou addict
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
Yes, there will be a remake of Pokemon R/S. Pokemon Dry Ruby and Wet Sapphire are the names of the remakes, in my opinion. Here's the pattern I figured out.

3 - 1
4 - 2
5 - 3 - 1
6 - 4 - 2
7 - 5 - 3 - 1

Who knows, there could be a remake of Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green in the Fifth generation of Pokemon!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Yes, there will be a remake of Pokemon R/S. Pokemon Dry Ruby and Wet Sapphire are the names of the remakes, in my opinion. Here's the pattern I figured out.

3 - 1
4 - 2
5 - 3 - 1
6 - 4 - 2
7 - 5 - 3 - 1

Who knows, there could be a remake of Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green in the Fifth generation of Pokemon!
lol that pattern is what I'm afraid of... can't wait for Flamingfirered and SharpLeafgreen... and DawnHeartGold and DuskSoulsilver...

blue

gucci
Years
lol that pattern is what I'm afraid of... can't wait for Flamingfirered and SharpLeafgreen... and DawnHeartGold and DuskSoulsilver...

By then we would have had a Black & White Remake and a Diamond & Pearl Remake, It's hard to imagine what the graphics would be like 10 years on if they were still remaking & making the games.

blue

gucci
Years
As long as they re-make R/S I'm happy. I dunno if I'll buy B/W, or purchase HeartGold for cheapness.

But R/S I'll get, even if I'm at university then

Yeah, all's I want is for R/S to be remade, I LOVED Hoenn & the Storyline in R/S/E, they also had the best Teams (Aqua & Magma)

Yingxue

Since October 2003
Years
It seems like it was just yesterday when I was eagerly awaiting new details each month for the third generation. I don't know, it just feels like they're so...recent, it's almost hard to believe I was 12 when they came out lol.

I don't know how they could improve the game, I mean, I know they definitely can, it's just, it seems like they JUST came out haha...

blue

gucci
Years
It seems like it was just yesterday when I was eagerly awaiting new details each month for the third generation. I don't know, it just feels like they're so...recent, it's almost hard to believe I was 12 when they came out lol.

I don't know how they could improve the game, I mean, I know they definitely can, it's just, it seems like they JUST came out haha...

I Know Lol, Dosen't feel like D/P has been out for 3 years.

Years
Does it not? The graphics on D/P/Pt look extremely dated, compared to Hg/Ss, which only has one flaw - floating on 3D bits.

Emerald and LeafGreen on the other hand....they look brilliant. So bright and cheerful! Emerald in particular, I think it's coz it runs faster, and as Hoenn's meanta be tropical, they deliberately coloured everything lighter

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I think its a little early to be talking about Black/White remakes but, if Nintendo went that far, what would they be called?

Obama Black and McCain White?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Regarding an Emerald remake, the remade G/S this time and not Crystal. They just incorporated Crystal features into the storyline.

I think they incorporate Emerald features into the R/S remakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back