• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#prayforsweden #westandtogether

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Considering how the delivery trucks most likely operate on a schedule, this is most likely a scheduled attack. Based on what I've read so far, it seems that the area attack is considered a "pedestrian highway," so while there are casualties it sounds like it wasn't as bad as what it could have been if it was more populated. Still, these series of attacks this past year have been way too frequent. Fear is the motive they are aiming for. If they distill fear, they win. Let's not let this happen - prayers going out to my Sweden PC users. Stay safe.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm Swedish and was shook yesterday. Gimmepie had to listen to my outburst d:

Was planning on having breakfast on that street on Sunday, it's basically a long pedestrian shopping street. I guess maybe I'll change my plans now...

I'm surprised, shocked, that this would happen in Sweden. There were a lot less casualties than in the previous truck terrorist strikes, but it's way too close for comfort and it's the fact it happened at all that's scary.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Oh wow.

Honestly, if I think about terrorist attacks, Sweden is probably down on the list, like at the bottom, because it's one of the few countries, that I think, are open and inclusive, so I'm very shocked.

Tbh, I find it hard to think this is a terror attack, and is probably someone who was ill that led them to do it, that would be the "best" case scenario. But jeez, is anywhere safe???

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Except that's not what's happening at all...
I feel myself repeating this all to often but people like you are a part of the problem.
idk about that really, and sure, like gunner say, we're inclusive and all as a country, but even the politicians who were very adamant about letting hordes of refugees in, a year or more ago, have now turned around and admitted that we are having serious problems, monetarily and regarding respect for police and authorities. Culture clashes have become everyday business, in a way nobody seemed quite prepared for. Interestingly enough.

And, I suppose, where it's easy for ISIS fans to get into, it's easy for them to terrorize, isn't it?

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Except that's not what's happening at all...
I feel myself repeating this all to often but people like you are a part of the problem.
Please explain what is happening, then. I get the impression from this post that you have to repeat yourself because you don't do this.

Years
idk about that really, and sure, like gunner say, we're inclusive and all as a country, but even the politicians who were very adamant about letting hordes of refugees in, a year or more ago, have now turned around and admitted that we are having serious problems, monetarily and regarding respect for police and authorities. Culture clashes have become everyday business, in a way nobody seemed quite prepared for. Interestingly enough.

And, I suppose, where it's easy for ISIS fans to get into, it's easy for them to terrorize, isn't it?

I won't speak about monetarily, because I don't really know about that side of it. The thing is though, of course there's going to be culture clashes and aggravation. Non-Muslims, especially in the west, have arbitrarily decided that ISIS represents an entire religion and are treating anyone Islamic with undue suspicion and animosity. This just makes people more likely to rebel and even turn to extremism. We're basically telling people that ISIS are right.

The problem isn't that refugees are being let in, it's that there's a debate about it in the first place. Not to mention the media go mental over any crime committed by a Muslim, whilst a non-Muslim could commit a worse crime and get a fraction of the coverage.

Please explain what is happening, then. I get the impression from this post that you have to repeat yourself because you don't do this.

Exactly as I just said to Rika basically.

Years
^ Basically, the paranoia over Muslims (especially in the media) creates an endless feedback loop that gives the impression to refugees from places like Somalia and the Middle East that the majority of Westerners fear all Muslims and this breeds a sense of not belonging among those whose memories of the warzone may basically not exist because they were too young and this leads to violent acts of crime perpetrated by young males who feel unwanted by their host society and this gradually escalates into further paranoia on the part of the majority and further disenfranchisement of said minority.

Years
Well that is, truly, a shame. As funnily enough a video game quote goes: human behaviour is economic behaviour.

There is a presentation I would like to share with you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh7rdCYCQ_U
He talks a bit like a priest, but I hope you can bear with him and get some insight out of this.

Do you have a source a touch more reliable than a Youtube video? Or is this from some sort of official channel?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Sweden is unique in Europe because whilst countries like Britain and France done as little as humanly possible (despite both being key players in destabilizing the East) Sweden took on an amount of refugees that amounts to around 1/9th of their population. Sweden took too many too quickly (out of genuine kindness that we should praise) without having the proper debate and process first.

If Britain took the number Sweden took it'd barely hit our demographic break up (we have 6x the population of Sweden).

Sweden is the one European country where the discussion of blocking refugees and migration for a while should be going on.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Do you have a source a touch more reliable than a Youtube video? Or is this from some sort of official channel?
Official channel? I don't understand.

I'm just giving you something to take in and consider. I don't intend to debate about it here; whether or not you want to expand your knowledge is up to you. As I've implied, the economic factors appear to be intrinsic to the progress of culture, science, governance and the military, personal motives, etc. There is a link to the video's sources in the description, here.

Last edited:

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Official channel? I don't understand.

I'm just giving you something to take in and consider. I don't intend to debate about it here; whether or not you want to expand your knowledge is up to you. As I've implied, the economic factors appear to be intrinsic to the progress of art, culture, science, governance and the military, personal motives, etc. There is a link to the video's sources in the description, here.

runaway feminism

yeah uhhh, I'm not gonna be taking moral or fiscal lessons from a love letter to the alt-right. Rome fell because of over expansion and an inability to control the masses that it would not have suffered if it's imperialistic appetite wasn't so insatiable. Not that that has anything to do with Sweden or modern terrorism. (Although America's over exuberant imperialism certainly has a lot to do with both terrorism in general and the refugee crisis so in that sense we could learn from ancient Rome by not sticking our fingers everywhere)

Sweden was hit by 1 person out of the unprecedented numbers they took in. Even with the increase in general crime it really isn't a solid argument against controlled multiculturalism or immigration on a whole. Though again, Ancient Rome didn't have anything close to multiculturalism, they forced their culture on everyone they invaded so again I have no idea how your video is relevant to this.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Well I'll be sure to take a look at that then.
That being said, this isn't really a discussion on the economics of the matter.

The guy who made that video (Stefan Molyneux) is very credible. He presents accurate information. Admittedly, I haven't watched that video yet (havent watched him in a while), but you can't judge the info without watching it or reading his sources. I just took a quick look through his sources. He used Mises.org, which is an accurate source most of the time. The problem is that their primary method for discovering truth uses a priori reasoning rather than empiricism, but it looks like the specific article he sourced used empiricism, so thats good.

Also, @Hands. Calling Moleyneux alt-right to discredit his ideas is 1) ad-hominem fallacy 2) inaccurate because he isn't alt-right and 3) ignorant.

From what i remember, the video is like 2 hours long. @Cassino... can you present the arguments from the video without using the video as a source? It will be much easier for all of us who have not watched the video.

Edit: Simply because I've watched Molyneux does not mean I agree with him, so please do not lump my views in with his. Because I have not watched that particular video or researched counterarguments, I do not have an opinion on the Fall of Rome or its application to the Migrant Crisis.

Last edited:

Sword Master

You underestimate my power!
Years
Also, @Hands. Calling Moleyneux alt-right to discredit his ideas is 1) ad-hominem fallacy 2) inaccurate because he isn't alt-right and 3) ignorant.

Thank you, I've seen so many ideas discredited because the other person doesn't agree and resorts to name calling.

Back