• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't think you can iirc. You have to ask a member of staff, like moderators to change it for you. Like if your thread is in CC&P, ask the moderators here.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hi. I'm just wondering. how to change your thread title?

Only moderators can do this. Unless you edit the thread title within the first ten minutes of making it--but I'm not sure if that applies here. To do this, press edit and change the thread title, but like I said, only within the first ten minutes.

Aminta

past the point of no return
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2013
Where should I post that I am looking for a foreign region non-USA Ditto? I don't care about IVs or anything like that, I just want a foreign region Ditto for non-competitive breeding. Everyone who puts Dittos on the GTS wants Xerneas/Yvetal for them and that's just ridiculous.

I was thinking I'd just post in the Quick Trade thread, but I don't know how many people regularly check that.

Years
Where should I post that I am looking for a foreign region non-USA Ditto? I don't care about IVs or anything like that, I just want a foreign region Ditto for non-competitive breeding. Everyone who puts Dittos on the GTS wants Xerneas/Yvetal for them and that's just ridiculous.

I was thinking I'd just post in the Quick Trade thread, but I don't know how many people regularly check that.
Yes, the Quick Trade Thread is the place you should go! :) Just be sure though that if you post in the Gen IV/Gen V QTT to specify the generation! :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Quoting myself here :p

Save an image to your computer, upload it to a hosting site on the internet (such as tinypic.com or photobucket.com) and use the direct image url inside a
insertimage.gif
A gif should work too and move. This works much better than "uploading" a picture to PC imo.
If you already have the image on the internet, you can try hotlinking by taking that url you have in your post and put that into the IMG tag directly.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 2, 2022
You know I do like the design of this forum. I really do.
But from the very first time I came here until now I always asked myself this question:

Why is that guy in the background picture taking such a close look at Wurmples butt?

-- Matt

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
ummm ive never really used a forum before is it hard or complex too use?

Not at all! It might take a short while to get the hang of it, but I wouldn't worry too much! If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a VM/PM and I'll be more than happy to help! :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yeah, like James mentioned, it's gonna take some time for a new member like you to get used to a big forum like PC. From my personal experience, it took me about a month or so to get used to it. xD But always remember, if you EVER need any help getting settled or have any questions or concerns, you can always message a staff member in bold blue, orange, or red. They are always there to help. :)

Years
I know how you feel as well, but as the other two guys mentioned we have people who can help you like staff members, but if there's any chance you're unable to reach them there's more experienced members such as myself and I have been helping out newbies from time to time. Heck it took me months before I was able to fit in, and if you ever need some help don't hesitate to drop me a VM anytime and I'll see what I can do.

PC may be big, but once you learn everything it won't be so scary after all. Adding on to Megan's post, the staff list is over here if you need to reach them quickly, plus it also lists which sections they mod so that way if your question pertains to a certain area you'll know who the best person is to ask. Have fun at PC!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I didn't want to make a new thread just for this small little question so...

Does anyone know how to do the hover text? I want to put it in my sig to show the credit towards the person I'm using the icons from. :[

Use the code :) (with ['/title]' at the end).

Hover over this.

Years
Is there a tool that will let me change the effectiveness of moves like how grass is good against water etc. I also need a tool that will let me add a type to the game I need these tools for fire red btw. Thanks in advance :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back