• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Generation 6 for Pokémon Essentials (Pokémon sprites and PBS files)

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Thank you!

One of Vivillon forms is listed as icon66_13.png. Few forms are missing, most notably the Mega Forms.

I didn't make them. The guy said he was gonna update it, but that was quite a while ago so I'm not sure if he still is. This is still a good place to start.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Would there be an interest in 160x160 backsprites in Gen 4 style for all Mega Evolutions for this project?
Because I'm making them for my own game anyway.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Would there be an interest in 160x160 backsprites in Gen 4 style for all Mega Evolutions for this project?
Because I'm making them for my own game anyway.

if they're good enough there will always be a need for them, and it saves time for people (like me) who use that style XP

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
mega_venusaur_backsprite_by_44tim44-d74s0rs.png
sylveon_backsprite_by_44tim44-d74mmyd.png

These are the only two I've done so far, and Sylveon is the only non-Mega Evo I will do.

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Would anyone mind PMing me with a version including these Gen 6 upgrades? I PMed the TC a few days ago, almost a week, but I never got any response. It seems that he hasn't been in on sometime either. :x

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
verication of the txt files to make sure there correct as much as possible and the scripts file to have the move/abilities coded

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Just throwing this out again, that I'd reallly would like to get the version of this with these Gen 6 updates that have been done. :x

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Ah, I see. It seems I've done some redundant work then, but I really needed to go ahead and at least update the Gen 1-5 Pokemon and moves to Fairy Types due to Fairy Type having some importance in my game (your starter is Fairy type in my game).

I went ahead and uploaded a pack of what I did to go ahead and share it, but again, it's probably just replicating what's already been done. But hey, if anyone needs it, here:
http://pkmnpink.wikispaces.com/file...alsFairyStarterKit-v1.0-PKMNTrainerJackey.rar

Unfortunately, I doubt I've got the experience with RGSS needed to add the new moves and abilities, although I feel like I could probably help add new Pokemon to the pokemon.txt file if needed.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 7, 2020
I have a little question to all of you...

"Are you still breathing or are you all dead since 4 weeks ago?"

becuz I cannot understand why such a big interesting project about continuing Pokemon Essentials by adding Gen 6 stuff, has gotten into this at almost 50% of job done, and here I am, waiting over 3 months without seeing an update of Pokemon Essentials on their wiki, becuz Maruno has quit from doing this.

and btw Pokemon Trainer Jackey,
You should NOT post anymore offtopics... becuz, We do not asked for a game of yours, we asked for an update of Pokemon Essentials, Isn't it?

okay, you have fairy types in your game... or maybe not, I cannot trust in a fangame, and by lacking of a decent update for Pokemon essentials, You may only have custom Fairy type moves or the closest relatives to X/Y fairy moves, but not the official ones.

I dunno why Maruno should had to bother with the custom sprites of pokemon, Everything was ripped from videogames, and the custom gen 6 are the closest references we have of every pokemon known in the franchise, so I think we have not much of a choice but to use them.

I shouldn't have to push things out, but if there's a thing that I REALLY HATE THE HELL OUT OF ME... Is leaving an important project UNFINISHED, UNDONE, and UNCOMPLETED...

I better suggest you all to POST IT ALREADY in the wiki, and make everyone do it by themselves... Becuz it's really clear that YOU WILL NOT fulfill such a thing like this...

If I would had learned RGSS instead of the useless GWBASIC and DBASE 3+... I would make everything and this wouldn't ever happened... I am too old and rusty for programming in a language that I had never learned, I have 33 years... :(
Scripting is impossible to me (Once by copypaste a few scripts in another RPG maker XP game, I screwed it and had to cancel it temporarily) , although is even impossible to put all GEN 6 pokemon on my fangame (that was my main goal to achieve by having the update of Pokemon Essentials).

My pokemon project will never be finished if it continues this way.
so please, don't let this post die.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
Farlavor, you say you have 33 years of programming experience yet you talk like a 12-year old chav?

Anyway, the last post was from a month ago. The reason there isn't an update on this is probably because there isn't any new progress.

Also, nobody here is obligated to make ♥♥♥♥ for a fan game anyway. We have priorities in life, and for many of us here game-making is a hobby.

Therefore, I suggest you quit whining before you make even more of a self-entitled ass out of yourself than you already have.

TY <3

Last edited:

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
It has been suggested to me that I post my request here.

Has anyone figured out how to implement Flying Press? I've gotten the suggestion to add a new type to the PBS, and add the STAB in the scripts, but I was curious if anyone else has come up with a different solution to this. The above method would work under normal conditions, however, it doesn't take into account Electrify or Normalize.

Yes, it is a complicated move for a relatively useless Pokémon, but I'd like to rework the move into a couple different dual-type moves, mainly for Legendaries I'm working on.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Years
Here are icons for the Mega Ring and the Mega Stones for those who have games that use Mega Evolution. They contain the Icons and the items.txt for the PBS folder. If your game is gonna use more custom Mega Evolutions then you should take one of the Mega Stone icons and just edit them a different color and Save As them so you don't overwrite the original ones.

Enjoy!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316860

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
and btw Pokemon Trainer Jackey,
You should NOT post anymore offtopics... becuz, We do not asked for a game of yours, we asked for an update of Pokemon Essentials, Isn't it?

okay, you have fairy types in your game... or maybe not, I cannot trust in a fangame, and by lacking of a decent update for Pokemon essentials, You may only have custom Fairy type moves or the closest relatives to X/Y fairy moves, but not the official ones.
[...]

I shouldn't have to push things out, but if there's a thing that I REALLY HATE THE HELL OUT OF ME... Is leaving an important project UNFINISHED, UNDONE, and UNCOMPLETED...

I better suggest you all to POST IT ALREADY in the wiki, and make everyone do it by themselves... Becuz it's really clear that YOU WILL NOT fulfill such a thing like this...
Wow. Rude. For your information, I didn't provide any actual original content in that pack except for piecing together an image or two for the required images. I did not include a game, or even part of one. If you actually paid attention to what I said (and the fully detailed documentation I included in the Fairy type kit), I posted JUST the very basics for setting up Fairy Type. Basically, the kit I posted includes adding Fairy Type to the established types, updating Gen 1-5 Pokemon such as Clefairy to be the proper typing, and updating the, what, two or four or whatever moves that got changed to Fairy type, like Charm.

No Fakemon (there aren't even any in my game, not that it matters).

No fake moves (there are no new moves of any sort in this pack - I do not have the experience needed to write moves at this time - the only thing I did other than update the moves that were ret-conned to Fairy was go ahead and throw in the Shadow moves that are already included with Essentials and just not implemented. So they're already as "official" as a fan-made gaming engine can be because they came with it).

I made this pack because I needed Cleffa, Igglybuff, and Ralts to be the correct type so their advantages/disadvantages would be correct, and then someone asked if any bare minimum stuff could be released, so I went ahead and posted what I made because yay collaboration. If you're going to be so demanding that people just post what they've done so far regarding Gen 6 updates, then don't be such a jerk to people who've already done what you asked.

You are not a moderator, in fact, you're a first-time poster. If an actual moderator or someone actually involved in this project has a problem with the resource pack I posted, then that's for them to tell me about, not for you, and given that a month has gone by and no one has said anything, I find it doubtful that they're the ones with a problem. If they do have a problem, they're welcome to tell me and that's fine, but you aren't them.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jun 7, 2020
as far as I know, this has been left for OVER 2 DAMN WEEKS!

and I already know of some guys who said a thing about updating stuff and then they simply quit, no questions asked.

so please, I rather prefer YOU to do something to improve that update... or else... ask those fools to put a BETA version available to download and let other people doing the stuff they didn't work. becuz I am very interested in seeing this update already finished... I am too old to start scripting stuff and simply make my pokemon fangame crashing or becoming an useless piece of junk for making a mistake with a program language that I NEVER LEARNED since 90s becuz it never existed.

I am too old to just learn Ruby, RGGS or wathever the language it is.
that's why it should be handled by people who knows about it.

and since Maruno don't like to use anything but original pokemon sprites ripped from videogames, We will never have any Gen 6 pokemon.

besides, 6 gen pokemon isn't just copy the sprites and voila, It's just adding all the info including EV bonus, base stats and stuff that I will never achieve by simply copy paste a few images and adding random stuff in "Pokemon.txt".

so please... I only want this to continue... and don't quit just by stuffs like.

"Dammit... I canno't make grass types be inmune to seed attacks"

or "AAAARRRGGGH... I cannot make ghosts inmune to traps"

simply, Don't put the damn inmunities or other redundant stuff that just makes battling a pain in the ass to those who was acustomed to Gen 1-5 like the weather abilities to last 5 turns... and make a pseudo Gen 6 with the same mechanics as B/W... It's march for gods sake... Make the update #14 now with all the new pokemon, and do those stuff on #15. okay?

becuz if I have to wait for this, I will die by old aging.

PS: That's not being rude... THAT WAS BEING DESPERATED.

Last edited:

orangejediman

Snivy's the badass of Gen V!
Years
Wow, okay? So Farlavor, for one, yelling at them is not going to help. Secondly, please, please use proper grammar if you're going to complain at people for a SERVICE that they are doing WITH NO PAY. It takes time to program in some things, and they don't want to release anything half finished. So yes, its been two weeks. Maybe they're working on a bunch of things, or maybe they're busy.

Secondly, Grass immunity to seeding and the like are mechanics because they are balancing, and if they want to take the time to add a mechanic then they goddamn can, because they're the ones making it on their own time. Don't be rude and start going off on them just because you're too lazy to learn ruby (You cant use the excuse of too old. That's BS.)

I'm sure they're continuing, but posts like that aren't gonna make it go any quicker. It's just not cool. So please, unless you have something constructive to post, please don't post. Don't make a comment that's all complaining and nothing helping.

Now that that's out of the way, I have all the new abilities except for 2 (parental bond and symbiosis) programmed in, although i broke attacking moves. Once i get that error fixed, I can share it with the project.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
The problem with adding in gen6 pokemon is that they are all custom, as using the official ones is highly ill-advised. That leaves 2 options, use the smogon project, which not only do you need credit to use, there are a few stipulations as well as the overwhelming fact that they are very poorly done. Or, the second option, search DA, which results in several projects already underway. However, all of which require some sort of notification that they are used, rather than the whole "gimme credit and leave." At least the good ones any way >.>

Therefore, adding the gen 6 pokemon as a public resource is near impossible, as no one would credit these people or adhere to their stipulations.

Also, I would like to note to anyone reading, and at no one in particular, that resources of one, or a team's own work, is fully under their discretion, and they have no obligation to anyone to complete it, unless there is some sort of transaction both parties are agreeing to. To request fervently your desire to have something they started working on, will fall solely on deaf and irritated ears. Resources are to help others make something with little to no effort on the public's end, while the ones working are sacrificing their own time. From experience, even the greatest of endeavors can be easily tossed aside and never worked on, just because one feels like it, and anyone upset can do it themselves - and often times do. (thats my confession rant)

Back