• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if you were a pokemon trainer?

Years
I was wondering what other people would do if they were a Pokemon trainer in real life and they owned actual Pokemon that they could battle with.

What region would you start out in? What starter Pokemon would you choose? what Pokemon would you catch? Would you evolve your Pokemon? Please answer these questions when you visit this thread.

as for me... i'd probably be a trainer & pokemon coordinator*cause i really like how they look :) *

i have quite a lot of pokemon teams right now, so.... i'll just list my pokemon in pearl:

piplup (F) *starter*, starly (F), pachirisu (F), buneary (F), shinx (F) & buizel (F), so i guess the region would be sinnoh :)

i decided not to let evolve them :)

i love the pokemon performances in kalos as well, so i'd probably be one of those as well :)

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I ask myself questions like this one all the time

What region would you start out in? Ohhh Johto or Unova.... Love Johto, favorite games, but something tells me like my place is in Unova? I don't know...
What starter Pokemon would you choose? Totodile. I love the grass type more but something tells me to choose totodile, this thing is sooo cute and badass as it evolve!
what Pokemon would you catch? I don't really know tho.... probably gonna have 6 pokemon
Would you evolve your Pokemon? I do! Except if I get a rhydon, I don't want a rhyperior.

I feel like I'll be a pokemon coordinator too! I love the roles they had in the anime, and I remember loving the countest in gen 3 !

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Not sure what my profession would be (I find it hard to imagine myself as anything other than a Pokémon Fan Club member or Fossil Maniac), but, going by official Pokémon regions, I'd start-out in Johto for sure. Not only was it my first region in the games, but it also reminds me more of my area than any other region (especially Azalea Town).

I don't really imagine myself getting a Starter, IRL. Instead I'd probably have been given a Pokémon (such as Meowth) by a family member or finding one injured and taking care of it.

I'd probably have a Dunsparce, Sandslash, Mothim (caught as Burmy from the special tree near MooMoo farm), and Persian. I could imagine Dunsparce and Sandslash helping dig-up stones and fossils and Mothim blowing-off excess dirt with its wings. Might even have an Omanyte revived from a Helix Fossil (since I once found a small ammonoid fossil) and a Vibrava -- although not native to Johto -- that got lost and found its way to my house (since an adult antlion once found its way to my room).

206.png
028.png
414.png
053.png
138.png
329.png

I wouldn't typically use Pokémon for battle, so they'd gain experience in other ways.

Last edited:
Years
What region would you start out in? Definitely Hoenn, my all time favourite.
What starter Pokemon would you choose? Treecko, I've always found it really cool and its evolutionary line is awesome as well.
what Pokemon would you catch? Hmm I dunno tbh, I think I'd do what Gary does in the anime and just catch everything then just choose my best/favourite 6 from there.
Would you evolve your Pokemon? Yep!

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
Years
Region: Johto ^^

Starter Pokémon: Chikorita
152.gif
(GAH! So cute!!! ♥)

Pokémon I'd capture: Hmm... even though I love Celebi... it would be better to leave her be, seeing how she's a legendary who's more than just an addition to a party. She's just too special for me to keep in a ball. If she joined on her own, I'd be happy. Otherwise I'd only capture those Pokémon that need a trainer to look after them. Like a baby Pokémon that lost its mother, or an abandoned Pokémon that got abused by its trainer. I'd look after those that need looking after. Though to be honest... I'd never force them into a ball, and only convince them to join me by talking to them and giving them loving care and comfort. I'd only use the Pokéball on them if they accepted me as their trainer, and to ensure that other trainer won't try capturing them only to add them to their collection or use them to fulfill their own goals.

Have my Pokémon evolve: Only if they wanted to; it's their choice. ^^

(sorry for being so serious in that one part...)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 11, 2017
I'd start in Johto. I just love the region and love the Pokemon. If I could pick a starter it would be Psyduck but if I had to pick from the starters it would be Cyndiquil. I would evolve all my pokemon and try to become champion.

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Hoenn is my favourite region, so I'd love to start there despite the tropical weather.
I'd definitely choose Treecko. Grovyle's my favourite Pokémon, so I'd usually stop their evolution there. But if I were to catch or obtain a pokémon that isn't a starter, I'd probably get a Meowth, Skitty, Glameow, or Purrloin. I love cat pokémon.
I'd try my hardest to find a Bagon. I love Salamence, and training it to that stage would be hugely satisfying. For the rest of my team, I'd see how my journey would take me and just go with the flow of the pokémon that I'd catch.
Yeah, I'd let my pokémon evolve. except grovyle sorry not sorry little groovy gecko

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 15, 2021
Sinnoh and Alola are my two favorite regions, I'd probably want to live in Alola. Nice warm weather and right next to the sea.
For my starter i'd pick Litten if I could, just like in the game. I'd end up catching a bunch of water pokemon because i'd definitely go to the beach any chance I get. Rest of the team would probably be Rockruff, Corsola, Mareanie, Dhelmise, and Mudbray
And I wouldn't want to evolve any of my Pokemon, i'd want them to stay cute and small
I would most certainly be a not very good trainer

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Ohhh great questions! I'd probably start out in Kalos because of the scenery and the hole vibe the Region gives off as a whole. (plus shopping I mean come on there's boutiques and cafes everywhere). Plus I'd love to battle Diantha one day cause I'd get to meet her~
As for the pokemon I would choose for a starter I would choose Fennekin as it is my favorite of all the starter lines and is the most elegant of the three. I can't say exactly which Pokemon I'd catch since unlike how I play atm (planning out my team as Nintendo leaks info about the newest ones) I would just catch what I run into or bond with. But if I can choose probably a Noibat and definitely a Dedenne! (surprising~) As for the others not sure and yep I'd definately evolve all of them so they could reach their full potential :3

VoltYellow

And then Everyone Dies™
Years
I would like to start my journey in Hoenn. I seriously love that region and i would use my favourite pokemon Incineroar or if i had to pick from the starters then it would be none but Treecko

Back