• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Unova Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 6, 2022
Just used my Liberty Pass and went over to the island and caught an adamant Victini. Very pleased! :)

Now i'm just leveling up my team, and seeing what else I find.

grodkorv

i like trains..
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2014
i got my White today :D

for my starter i choose tepig, and now after 4 hours i got myself a pignite - lv.24 and a petilil - lv 19 in my team :D

i am now about to take on team plasma in pinwheel forest but decided to do some training before i got to that! ^^
I must say that im frikkin loving this game soo far, and im really taking my time to explore <3

Oh, if anyone wants a petilil - just send me a pm.. i caught a lot of them while searching for a modest one >.<

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Diary Entry No.1

I got White today and manage to speed through to the 1st gym. I'm quite underpowered, so I will do some more grinding tonight and tomorrow morning. The new XP system is much better but I am missing all the old Pokemon a bit.

513.gif
derp (Pansear) Lv. 10

501.gif
Eon (Oshawott) Lv.11

506.gif
Hershey (Lillipup) Lv.11

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'm heading to Nacrene city right now. My team is a bit messy atm:

Oshawott Lv 15
Lillipup Lv 13
Pansear Lv 13
Munna Lv 13
Pidove Lv 8
Audino Lv 8

The last two are really only tagging along though, I haven't used them much at all.

Oshawott is probably the only pokemon there that I'll have long term. Lillipup....maybe I'll wait and see. However the rest have no hope. (Sorry Munna as soon as Solosis comes knocking you're outta here!)

Something really weird has happened to me though, The majority of the pokemon I've caught so far are Lax natured. (Munna, Pidove, Audino) My team is full of lazy bums! Even my Starter Oshawott is "Lax"! O_o

tajio

Sugoi~!
Years
Defeated N at Nimbasa City and I am about to challenge Elesa (4th Gym leader!) But I got to do some more training and catch some pokemon with Ground and Rock type moves.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
Well, today has been quite busy, I guess.
Since my last Update, I've gotten to the second gym.

Not going to lie, the first gym gave me a few issues, Considering my team only consisted of my Smugleaf and Purrloin.

I've since caught a Tympole, and reached Castelia City.
Lenora wasn't so much hard as she was annoying. Watchogs have been getting the better of me so far.

Upon reaching Castelia City, I took the Liberty Pass I downloaded and headed to Liberty Garden, to catch a Victini, which I added to my team.

So my team currently consists of:-
Smugleaf (Servine) - Lv22
Sheva (Liepard) - Lv22
Jizz (Tympole) - Lv21
Vendetta (Victini) - Lv15

I'll have to train Victini some before I face the third gym.

blue

gucci
Years
Currently training to battle the 4th Gym Leader, and I was unsure wheather to keep Purrlion, but once she evolved to Liepard she gets much tougher and stronger.. anyway my team is currently

Bliztle (F) - Level 24
Mushrana (F) - Level 25
Pignite (M) - Level 24
Liepard (F) - Level 24

I plan the last 2 spots to goto Vanilluxe & Swanna :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Just defeated Lenora, she wasn't too difficult to beat. I had a Timburr which helped so much. I was worried when I caught Timburr at first it wasn't making much of an impact in battles...but after leveling it up a bit it really came into it's own after learning wake up slap.

It's funny others seem to stress out about the normal type gyms but they don't usually bother me a whole lot.

I did get beaten by N outside Nacrene Gym the first time though, I wasn't really expecting it.

Current team:

Dewott (M) Lv 20
Timburr (F) Lv 21
Herdier (M) Lv 17

Herdier is a bit behind because I'm not sure whether I want to keep him around long term...

Also, Audino is a godsend. All that lovely exp just waiting to be taken. :3

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I've just played for hours, so I feel slightly dazed now as I'm coming back to reality.

I've completed five badges, about to enter Chargestone Cave.

Team is around level 29/30/31, composed of:

499.png
Spr_5b_533.png
Spr_5b_564.png
Spr_5b_561.png
Spr_5b_542.png

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Diary Entry No.2

Got through the Second gym quite luckily because of a string of misses and critical hits. Now at liberty tower garden ready to capture Victini.

507.gif

Hershey Lv. 21

Work Up
Tackle
Take Down
Bite

502.gif

Eon Lv. 21

Tackle
Tail Whip
Razor Shell
Grass Knot

532.gif

Musculur Lv. 23

Leer
Wake-Up Slap
Rock Throw
Low Kick

522.gif

Blitzle Lv. 11

Quick Attack
Tail Whip
Charge
Shock Wave

I don't have the motivation to train Blitzle, so she will be replaced with another Electric-type later on. Same with derp (which I have already gotten rid of), so I need 3 more Pokemon now to fill in my team, not including Victini which I am guaranteed to obtain.

Last edited:

Rensider

Do as the Snamor do.
Years
Challenging the fifth gym right now.

My current team:

Panpour(M) Lv 32
Zoroark (F) Lv 27
Pignite (M) Lv 34
Unfezant (M) Lv 32
Pansage (M) Lv 12

Pansage is behind because i'm just using him as my cut slave.
BTW I love the music in Drifveil City! Spent 20 minutes just listening to it.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Well, having recieved my game on Thursday, I am currently in Mistralton City, having been to the top of Celestial Tower and about to challenge Skyla.

Samurott Lv. 40
Zebstrika Lv. 40
Unfezant Lv. 40
Cinccino Lv. 40
Ferrothorn Lv. 40

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
Only started playing my pokemon black which arrived yesterday, I'm up to pinwheel forest so far with 2 badges, I'm training my team a little bit before I go on through the forest, I also just got the Liberty Ticket

My team;

Pignite Lv21
Tympole Lv20
Pansage Lv20
Pidove Lv19

Big update since I last posted, I'm up to Driftveil City so far and have just entered the cold storage, I also caught Vicinity (couldn't remember how to spell it lol), I caught a Gothita on the way to Driftveil City and caught an Emolga in route 7 (Emolga has replaced Tranquill as my flying pokemon).

Team:

Pignite Lv29
Paplatoad Lv27
Simisage Lv28
Gothita Lv28
Emolga Lv27

I also have a Lv15 Audino that gets used occasionally when my main team faints.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
As a long-time player of the pokemon games, I have to say that before Black and White, I have become more and more disenchanted by the newer pokemon games. The second generation was probably my favourite out of them all prior to generation 5. I found generation 3 bearable but nothing fancy, and generation 4 to be a real disappointment. It never grew on me, despite others convincing me that it would eventually! It was the only generation that I never actually got as far as completing the pokemon league on, because I just got bored too quickly.

Now, I have just received White in the mail and I must say... I'm pleasantly surprised. It does feel like a fresh start and has a very different style from the older games. The graphics and artwork definitely shows more effort than generation 4, as well as the storyline. The characters seem to have a lot more depth too. I remember in generation 4, I could never remember who was who or what the names of towns and cities were simply because I didn't feel like they had enough feeling behind them to really stay in my memory. It didn't interest me. However, they're really improved on that in Black and White. By the way, I love the map artwork!

I decided to choose the oshawott and named it Ottah, level 8. I have also captured a male lillipup called Scotty (now level 6) and a female patrat called Patty (level 5). I doubt these will be my final team members but I'm working with them for now, and they certainly seem far more appealing than generation 4's early route pokemon.

So far I'm exploring Accumula Town, after having just seen Team Plasma. Will update with progress later.

Last edited:

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Just started, currently trying to catch as many pokemon as possible on route 1. The games seems okay, but i was probably bothered by the stinking hot train i was starting to play the game on.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
So... well it gets from good to better.

AI is improved - other trainers are harder to beat than in previous games for their levels. Downside being that if you're not very strategic (like myself) you need to grind quite a bit more. There are more frequent updates of the storyline, it's not as much running around just grinding and battling. I like how when pokemon fall asleep now their eyes shut!

So, I beat the first gym leader - much harder than I'd thought it would be - and I'm now in Route 3. Now I'm starting to split my pokemon up between party pokemon and pokemon that I'm not particularly going to use.

Using:

Oshawott - Ottah lvl 15 M - WATER
Lillipup - Scotty lvl 12 M - NORMAL
Blitzle - Zeb lvl 8 - ELECTRIC

Sleet

Forum Lurker
Years
English Version of White just dropped through my door.

Nicknamed my Oshawott "Shawty" cause' I'm that sad.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Agreed that the AI has improved! Battling random trainers is a bit trickier and I love it :)

Started the game like 2-3 hours ago, and just about to face the first gym leader with Oshawott, Lillipup & Pansear (who I might drop after due to him being so hard to train).

Rensider

Do as the Snamor do.
Years
Just beat Cheren and got HM03. Now to go to Mistralton Cave to catch myself an Axew. Hopefully Driftveil's music won't distract me again.

My current team:

Unfezant (M) Lv 39
Panpour (M) Lv 38
Emboar (M) Lv 40
Zoroark (F) Lv 40
Pansage (M) Lv 12

I think i'm starting to see why some people like N so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back