• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokemon Shining Orbs

Which name is better?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
You should practice before trying to make a game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
KingSnivy, I'm sorry but the quality of the video is not good and shows nothing about the story itself or anything other than to show what little you have done. In your first post the layout appears to be ameatur. What on earth is with the "U mad?" and "wut?" segments. You could at least spell out the words correctly and not use text/Internet abbreviation.

And with the credits, I see practically every job done by someone else. You have said you are a spriter you could learn something else to contribute to YOUR game. That's the whole point, if you do 20% of the work on your game then it's really only your game by title which is worthless really.

Sorry to be so harsh but I think it may be the only way to get through as you have in the past rejected criticism (I see you commented on the music which is a start).

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
Years
Guys, I made a new title screen, and made a simple edit for the 1st post.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
1. Your first post is an eyesore. All the pink is really kind of annoying. It makes the text kind of hard to read in some parts of the post.
2. Shining Diamond was, to be honest, a better name than Shining Orbs. "Orbs" just doesn't sound like anything in a Pokémon universe.
3. Don't use trollslang like "u mad" and "wut". It's unprofessional, and the information contained in those segments is useless.
4. Both the Introduction and the Story are plagued with terrible grammar and punctuation. Your spelling could use some touching up.
5. In the video, your entire world shakes with each step. That's not a good thing. Maybe that's just because it's a video, but you should get that checked. You also have the character walking over areas that shouldn't be walked over.
6. Why is Lucas so skinny? Overworld sprites aren't that skinny, and if they are, their heads are normally sized. That Lucas sprite is honestly terrible. His head is massive compared to his body.
7. I must commend you. You've taken unoriginality and laziness to new lows. Your game lacks new characters, it mixes Dawn and Lucas with Generation 5 characters in an entirely new game, and you've credited yourself with "Logo".

I have to ask, and I expect an answer, what do you do on this project? Please don't just avoid the question. Really, answer it. Why did you start this project if you don't plan on doing anything for it other than taking bits and pieces of other stories and mashing them together?

~Anbuja

Let's Keep It Simple
Years
The css background is really eye hurting.
and the maps u ahve there are pretty empty/open too:\
i think everything i said until now was said though...
anyways good luck in doing this!

Ultimo Spriter

I'm back ...
Years
Watched the video. Dialogue needs improvement, I recommend getting someone else to check it before you release anything. The story I find odd and without any explanation as to why. Why is N suddenly a crazed supporter of Giratina and why does he want to rule the world. What I got from Black and White is the the character of N wanted to liberate Pokemon from Humans peacefully so that they can live in harmony with one another. Also why does the player hold the fate of Ueno, did they discover some artifact, are they part of some ancient family clan, sheer luck? More explanation is needed. I'm going to be honest, you have a lot of work to do for your game. A lot of aspects of your game need much improvement.

TheMarkCrafter

Years
Watched the video. Dialogue needs improvement, I recommend getting someone else to check it before you release anything. The story I find odd and without any explanation as to why. Why is N suddenly a crazed supporter of Giratina and why does he want to rule the world. What I got from Black and White is the the character of N wanted to liberate Pokemon from Humans peacefully so that they can live in harmony with one another. Also why does the player hold the fate of Ueno, did they discover some artifact, are they part of some ancient family clan, sheer luck? More explanation is needed. I'm going to be honest, you have a lot of work to do for your game. A lot of aspects of your game need much improvement.
Now, I changed the story, and deleted the video.
N was replaced with Cyrus.
Giratina was replaced with Reshiram

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
To be honest with you, KingSnivy...

Leaving it as Giratina and replacing N with Cyrus would've made much more sense. Cyrus, if I recall correctly, was stuck in the Distortion World after the player defeated/captured Giratina.

Be that as it may, I am still willing to help you with your dialog and plot.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
What exactly is the point of having the pics and video still on there and just saying they are "outdated?"

TheMarkCrafter

Years
SeA5B.png

UPDATE!
I've updated the textbox, changed the SpriteWindow script lines 11 to 15, and made the font white, thanks to Abnegation for telling me how to do this.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
From what I can see is your style is not cohesive. You have the 5th gen sprites with the 4th gen indoor tiles, and some of your outdoor tiles do not look that great with the transparency.

Minezumi

ミネズミ
Years
I come bearing bad news...
I really don't have time to map for you anymore. So just take that Sunring map and do whatever with it. I'm really sorry, dude. There are tons of mappers out there.

Also, what the heck is this?
~~~~~Help with Neo-Spriteman~~~~~
Dewitty, Kymontian, Calis Project, Bulbapedia.net ~ Help
Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymotonian, milomilotic11, and<--They didn't help me! I did it by myself :( Neo-Spriteman ~ Pokemon BW Trainers

TheMarkCrafter

Years
I come bearing bad news...
I really don't have time to map for you anymore. So just take that Sunring map and do whatever with it. I'm really sorry, dude. There are tons of mappers out there.

Also, what the heck is this?
~~~~~Help with Neo-Spriteman~~~~~
Dewitty, Kymontian, Calis Project, Bulbapedia.net ~ Help
Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymotonian, milomilotic11, and<--They didn't help me! I did it by myself :( Neo-Spriteman ~ Pokemon BW Trainers
Okay, now I will hire an another mapper because Minezumi will quit at SO team.
And, I deleted those guys.

From what I can see is your style is not cohesive. You have the 5th gen sprites with the 4th gen indoor tiles, and some of your outdoor tiles do not look that great with the transparency.
The 4th gen tiles are placeholders.

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Everything is place holder this place holder that, outdated and unfinished.. why are you even still trying.. you dont seems to understand how creating a video game works... You never give the proper credits and you refuse to listen to advice..

in your video: You seem to be using a dual screen but only recorded half the screen.. your maps are open and bland i've said this before.. so if the video is out dated update it. and for godsake dont use the perspective view mode... it doesn't work porperly.. and your transition to outdoors in the beginning is an error..

Last edited:

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
Everything is place holder this place holder that, outdated and unfinished.. why are you even still trying.. you dont seems to understand how creating a video game works... You never give the proper credits and you refuse to listen to advice..

in your video: You seem to be using a dual screen but only recorded half the screen.. your maps are open and bland i've said this before.. so if the video is out dated update it. and for godsake dont use the perspective view mode... it doesn't work porperly.. and your transition to outdoors in the beginning is an error..

It is his fault if he does not want to take advice from people who know what they are doing.

I also want credits for the OW sprites, because I ripped and resized them for CNG.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2016
It is his fault if he does not want to take advice from people who know what they are doing.

I also want credits for the OW sprites, because I ripped and resized them for CNG.

It's true. All he's doing so far is wasting his time, if he'd listen to the suggestions, his game would end up a lot better then it will and people will want to play it. As of right now, I doubt anyone will.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
It's true. All he's doing so far is wasting his time, if he'd listen to the suggestions, his game would end up a lot better then it will and people will want to play it. As of right now, I doubt anyone will.

I want to play a game that looks good, and the people who HELPED created it get the proper credit.

Back