• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spin-Offs

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What kind of spin offs do you want to see from the next generation of Pokemon gaming? Do you want new ideas, or do you want them to build off older spin off ideas?

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
New ranher. New battle revolution. New trozei. New colloseun/xd.

Red this gf

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Personally, I'd like to see another Pokemon Pinball or HEAVEN FORBID a new Pokemon Snap.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I think a Pokemon Pinball on 3DS would look great, now that you mention it! And both the Wii U and 3DS seem perfect for a Snap 2. :)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
New ranher. New battle revolution. New trozei. New colloseun/xd.

Red this gf

Gamefreak is not involved with Spin offs. Creatures Inc is in charge of spin offs.

Other than PMD and Rangers, I don't think we need anything else. There's little to no point in a new Colosseum since that was made to replace Stadium and then it was replaced with PBR. PBR got such bad reviews we didn't get a new game for Gen 5. With the main games being 3D we definitely don't need them as their only purpose was flat out battles in 3D.

Snap would be cool, but I don't think it has enough fanbase to warrent the attempt to be created.

I'll settle for more PMD and Rangers since I can't think of anything else.

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2013
PMD needs to be done! They need to make a HUGE game with TONS of pokemon and TONS of dungeons. Also, A 3D pokedex would be pretty cool, too.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
They already made a 3D Pokedex. It even had a way to project your Pokemon into reality. It should still be for free.
OH WAIT, YOU MEANT FOR THE SIXTH GEN. Sorry, brainfart. It'd still be neat though, and I think it'd be an update for the main one though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
We're gonna get PMD when everyone gives up hope of seeing the PMD of 6th generation and that's probably all...
We may get some crossover like Conquest but I don't think it's that possible as PMD.

Years
Hopefully not another Rumble... I like the series, but I feel Ranger and Mystery Dungeon were so much better.
A 3DS Ranger would be awesome, but I'd love a new Mystery Dungeon which doesn't just feature Gen V Pokemon (I'm looking at you, Gates to Infinity)...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Pokemon XD/Colosseum type game. And of course Mystery Dungeon. We haven't had one in ages! (I don't count the excuse of a game that they're trying to pass off as PMD 5th generation)

Oh, oh, oh, oh! And a new Conquest! That game is so good, a sequel would be amazing. <3 one that contains bulbasaur tyvm

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Pokemon XD/Colosseum type game. And of course Mystery Dungeon. We haven't had one in ages! (I don't count the excuse of a game that they're trying to pass off as PMD 5th generation)

Oh, oh, oh, oh! And a new Conquest! That game is so good, a sequel would be amazing. <3 one that contains bulbasaur tyvm

It hasn't even seen an international release and already dissing it? Its roughly the same as the others minus the selection process. I like Gates a lot more based on concept than the original Mystery Dungeons. I mean I get to partner up with other people now so my Friends and I can play at the same time. I'm really happy with this installment, and when the Gen 6 one comes out, most likely the only choices will be Gen 5 Starters, Gen 6 Starters, Eevee as a possibility, Pikachu, and maybe one other Pokemon. Gen 5 Reset the Pokemon world so all of the new stuff will have a focus on them just like all the older stuff had a focus on Kanto. They'll split the focus up among the new regions, but its going to run the same way.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
As always, ol' neutral apathetic Patrick doesn't really care what they do at this point. I'm sure it'll be more of the same. *snore* -o-

If you want a wishlist, though?
  • Pokemon Snap 2. Must make an effort to go all out, see my posts in the Snap sequel thread.
  • It'll never happen, and especially not this way, but a Pokemon centric MMORPG where you play as the Pokemon. Can you imagine an open world where you can basically do whatever you want, seeing as Pokemon have such limitless potential? I imagine soaring high in the sky as Charizard or Altaria is probably exhilarating or soothing, and digging to find hidden goodies or an underground "city" or beautiful cavern with Sandshrew or Diglett would be fun. Because Pokemon would be linked to accounts, though, they should allow each account to play as at least 3 Pokemon to keep the experience exciting. They could potentially turn this into more than a PMD action type game if they go that route, and they could make this artistically BEAUTIFUL and ripe for exploration on one's own terms. Speaking of art...
  • I still want a game inspired by or given the blessing from the family of Osamu Tezuka, and this includes both art and story. This game can either be Pokemon POV or Human POV, so long as the story reaches the levels of some of the best of Tezuka's works. Everything must have a related art shift towards the style, too. I don't want any Sugimori Pokemon in this.
  • If you want, same as above but with Hayao Miyazaki. Or Disney at its best.
  • Something different that taps into the Pokemon's character potential. I don't care that some of them can spit fire or water, that should be secondary.
  • Try out different genres where applicable. If they allowed themselves to break the conventions like doujin do, they could make a pretty cool Pokemon fighting game. Or a danmaku. Or a arcade like time waster for mobile devices. Or an innovate platformer. Or a virtual pet like thing with less emphasis on "pet" as you'd define it. Or a Pokemon Pop'n Music wait no, I'm doin' that one. :P
The way I see it, is they have something like over 600 of these creatures, right? Then use them. I feel like the games as they are are akin to somebody making a cartoon where they do nothing but introduce a new character an episode, but never give you any time to relate to them. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon right now is the best thing for it, but I'd like to see more of it. I thought the series was called Pokemon, not Monster Trainer.

Also, all of the above games need Nidos somewhere (it is my wishlist, is it not?), preferably with one where a Nidoran (F) is a tertiary character at the worst. Except the art shifted games, I'll buy those just on principle alone.

I do not expect any of the above to happen outside of fan games. And even then, some of those already exist.

Last edited:

D Dog master of war

In the heart of battle!
Years
we need a real Pokemon mystery dungeon not a half azz one with Dlc.......DLC WTF...Sorry...we need a real PMD Game not this rip-off 3DS New one,if they put all the Pokemon in and I can actually use ladendys then I well buy a new PMD

The thing they need too do is

1. ADD ALL THE POKEMON!
2. no dlc
3. GIVE ME THE TEST AGAIN!
4. No bull-crap boss(in the new PMD Is the boss is not Kyurem.....ITS A SLOWNFLAEK AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!)
5. a good after-game

thats all we want right guys?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
I'm not saying I want it, but I could see them making a rip off of Mario Party or some form of it. Like a virtual pokemon board game.

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Pokemon snap 2 and a new rangers.... oh yeah and pokemon pinball would be really cool.

Back