• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Normal (Build 3.0 RC 2.73 Live Update)

Years
  • Seen today
WOW found lvl 20 suicune on Route 50 right after beating Bugsler, I heard that music an knew some serious $*** was about to go down
Word! The music on this hack is on some other level. I especially love that sinister Silversky Town music. From now & then I just stop my character in the middle of town to please my ears.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
WOW found lvl 20 suicune on Route 50 right after beating Bugsler, I heard that music an knew some serious $*** was about to go down
Haha, yeah. Suicune is part of the very early storyline. There will be an event where he actually saves your butt! And hen the main storyline diverges unto other sub sections!
Word! The music on this hack is on some other level. I especially love that sinister Silversky Town music. From now & then I just stop my character in the middle of town to please my ears.
Glad you're enjoying the music! Most of the music is from either a wide range of sources put to together. They're in my credits section if you want to look up the tracks!
but the youngster joey one was a bit dissapointing, don't worry I'll get FIXZ a better version ;P
Hahaha!
----------
Well, I hope you guys have started looking for the shards as hinted by the former Seaview Town Temple.
It's part of the very early storyline!
-----

-----
Edit 1 - I just realized how stupidly buggy Advance Map can be. I noticed that some of my other scripts have been put on completely different maps!
It's not game breaking though. I checked a backup game and the script was on its proper map, then I go back to this most recent backup and that same script is on a different map...

Edit 2 - I'll release another mini fix 2.4.1 soon. Nothing major or anything. You can use your current 2.4 save file with it.
With that being said, everything should be fully ironed out!
Also, when you find all of your shards, save your game and wait for this new fix.
----------
Holy smokies! I ran into a legit shiny on my current play though!
-----

-----
This is my fourth legit shiny encounter ever!

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this, but I always get "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." every time I start up the game on VBA. I'm using 1636 (Squirrels), so I'm thinking of using a different ROM. I want to use the same ROM as the creator so it will stick better. Should I go look for a different FR ROM or look for another Squirrels one?

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
I'm not sure if I'm the only one who has this, but I always get "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed." every time I start up the game on VBA. I'm using 1636 (Squirrels), so I'm thinking of using a different ROM. I want to use the same ROM as the creator so it will stick better. Should I go look for a different FR ROM or look for another Squirrels one?
You have to choose an automatic/128 save type.

when does sucine learn a move? D:
You're not really supposed to catch it. That's why I made it learn only Protect and Roar. It starts its movepool at a much later level when you are supposed to catch it. I didn't think people would actually try or even attempt to catch a level 20 legend so early in the game. I'm going to have to learn to make Suicune instantly flee...

But how did you even capture it? You must be really lucky.
1) It has a capture rate of 3.
2) It's on level 20.
3) Your Pokemon are around level 10.
4) You only have standard Pokeballs.
5) It knows Roar.

The chances of capturing that is... lol.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Updated front page with the 2.5 (2.3) nerf patch.
There should be no more mini bugs!
I just completed another play though, haha.
-----

-----

-----
You will know when it is the end of the beta, just like beta 1.

Also, don't be afraid of losing during an "event storyline battle."
You will be able to resume where you left off during the event.

Granddaddy Purp

Hero Of Time
Years
You have to choose an automatic/128 save type.

You're not really supposed to catch it. That's why I made it learn only Protect and Roar. It starts its movepool at a much later level when you are supposed to catch it. I didn't think people would actually try or even attempt to catch a level 20 legend so early in the game. I'm going to have to learn to make Suicune instantly flee...

But how did you even capture it? You must be really lucky.
1) It has a capture rate of 3.
2) It's on level 20.
3) Your Pokemon are around level 10.
4) You only have standard Pokeballs.
5) It knows Roar.

The chances of capturing that is... lol.

lol save states.... the no moves countered me though -.-

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I didn't think people would actually try or even attempt to catch a level 20 legend so early in the game
I would say that was pretty obvious since you actually have Pokeballs =D And you can get powerful Poke in the early parts of game =D
And with reload, it's pretty good =D
Btw, Suicune should only have Roar as Protect somehow takes precedence in the games o.O Or should be uncatchable (Metapod made this routine in AshGray or you can use Marowak's routine from Lavender Tower)

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
My game just froze when I was given a Chesto berry not long after seeing Suicune.
Are you talking about the "Create and share with the World" girl?
-----

-----
That girl never gave me a problem. Ever. Under which specific beta title have you started your save file in?
I just did a play though and checked every single script in the beta, weird.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
lol save states.... the no moves countered me though -.-
Using savestates in rom hacks, especially heavily extensive ones is not a good idea!
It must have taken forever though!

I would say that was pretty obvious since you actually have Pokeballs =D And you can get powerful Poke in the early parts of game =D
And with reload, it's pretty good =D
Btw, Suicune should only have Roar as Protect somehow takes precedence in the games o.O Or should be uncatchable (Metapod made this routine in AshGray or you can use Marowak's routine from Lavender Tower)
I made it learn protect to relate to it as part of the story cause later on in the beta, you learn that Suicune is trying to protect you from danger. Then he becomes your protector, haha.
I guess I'll look into the routine!

Years
Are you talking about the "Create and share with the World" girl?
-----

-----
That girl never gave me a problem. Ever. Under which specific beta title have you started your save file in?
I just did a play though and checked every single script in the beta, weird.

Hey, that same girl froze my game as well. It was odd, though, and I can't know why. I had just caught a Budew in the grass below her, then I spoke to her and the game froze here (I was using Beta 2.4):

7b2e.png

I say it was odd because later I went to heal my team and then saved and tried speaking to her again, and it went well.

Also, two more silly things:

dlet.png

The music here stops after a while, don't know if it's intended or not.

gppa.png

This is simply a typo, it's not important, it should be news.

Really enjoying the game for now, I really like how many paths there are to visit later, the game is very enjoyable!

Years
  • Seen today
Help me out fellas. I think I'm stuck in this chamber & have no clue how to proceed from here :P

SUOQbCZ.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2023
can someone help me
i dunno where to go after i got the HM smash and save the lil girl from TR
i tried every place that i could access to but still hard find way :(

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
Years
Hey, that same girl froze my game as well. It was odd, though, and I can't know why. I had just caught a Budew in the grass below her, then I spoke to her and the game froze here (I was using Beta 2.4):

7b2e.png

I say it was odd because later I went to heal my team and then saved and tried speaking to her again, and it went well.

Also, two more silly things:

dlet.png

The music here stops after a while, don't know if it's intended or not.

gppa.png

This is simply a typo, it's not important, it should be news.

Really enjoying the game for now, I really like how many paths there are to visit later, the game is very enjoyable!
Not sure why the girl would freeze the game, her script is very short and simple, so there is not really any potential script screw up that I could have done. Maybe that freezing is due to other circumstances with something else. Never had a freezing problem with her.

As for the music stopping, I know of that actually. Only that track does that, hmm. It adds a nice touch for "dark" caves anyways, hahaha! It makes it more "suspenseful!"

Fixed the "New Reporter" script. It has now been changed to "News Reporter: Ok!!" because I didn't want to repoint that for one letter... hahaha!

Using savestates in rom hacks, especially heavily extensive ones is not a good idea!
It must have taken forever though!

took forever. and ive heard save states are bad soo many times.. why?
Because most rom hacks consists of betas which are constantly being updated, so using savestates intertwined with game saves from older betas can lead to additional bugs created by the personal user that had not been created by me or the game itself. Basically I'm saying that it causes bugs that simply should not happen. Such as random freezing problems that have not been in my error. And it makes beta testing harder because then those "additional bugs" can't really be fixed by me since they are caused by external factors.
Help me out fellas. I think I'm stuck in this chamber & have no clue how to proceed from here :P

SUOQbCZ.png
Are you on beta 2.5?

This part is a little tricky puzzle, you have to run around that spot for a bit... that's my hint! That "hmm" script checks your stepcount... haha! Don't go too far from within the boundaries or else your stepcount resets.

You have to build enough energy for the hidden switch to activate!

It looks awesome, the text box looks cool
Thanks!
can someone help me
i dunno where to go after i got the HM smash and save the lil girl from TR
i tried every place that i could access to but still hard find way :(
Did you collect the four shards and placed them in the Ignite Temple? It unlocks a hidden chamber on Route 55 when you do!
Also, did you heal the lady's poisoned mind in Aqualight City? It was hinted by the "mysterious trainer training in Seijo" while going through Taejo Underpass for the first time.

Why is Lickitung in this hack, while Lickilicky isn't?
This hack has some implications by me. I always loved Lickitung, however I disliked the evolution that Game Freak gave it. Same with Togetic evolving into Togekiss (I honestly felt that they butchered that poor little Johto Pokemon).

But if you really want them in the hack, I'll make them available (adding them to the Seijo-Extended Dex), upon using a certain evolutionary stone exclusive to the Seijo Region.
----------
And here's a little secret that most people have probably overlooked!
-----

-----
Check this spot out at night!
And the Surfer Shorts man appear here during a certain time of the day!
-----

Last edited:
Back