• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy [T]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

"No, I don't think it got in any of the normal ways, I think it... you know," she waved one hand through the air, "Like, ghosted in. I hope I can figure out a way to train the thing, I didn't catch it under normal circumstances I guess." Sydney shrugged as the pair made their way back into the dorms via the back entrance. "I mean, yeah, I guess a battle is letting him off easy, but I don't think I could actually fight him, like for real, you know? He just needs a reminder that the girls run things around here and to know his place." She said with a grin, only half joking.

"Ooh, that sounds awesome! I had been thinking about checking that out anyway but going through in a group sounds way more fun. I wonder just how scary it's going to be? I heard a rumour that when the school puts on events like this 'for fun' it's really just another way of trying to train us, so we should be ready for anything, right? I mean a Gym Leader is putting the thing together so we might even have to battle our way through." She pursed her lips, thinking out loud. "Maybe I should try to treat beating Ivrant as extra training for my Pokemon that need it? Titania could use the workout and then there's Sableye... hmm... well, anyway, I just wanted to say thanks again Rylie. You really looked out for me back there, you're totally the best!"

Sydney smiled and without warning drew Rylie into a hug, something Sydney was used to doing with her friends back home, oblivious to the concept of people who might not want to be hugged. That would be crazy, hugs were awesome! "Well, I better go put some actual clothes on," she laughed, releasing Rylie, "I'll catch you later then, yeah?"

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

GKu3Bkf.png

Name: Dallas Yukira

The waves softly crashed against the sturdy shore. His feet clip clopped on the planks of a dock used for standing on at the harbor. The wind was bitter and he was forced to zip of his jacket because of the wind coming off the ocean, salt pelting his body. He hadn't taken Edge to the pokemon center, because he was able to heal him himself with the remainder of his lemonade and he didn't want to risk the wrath of Nurse Joy.

This had become one of Dallas' favorite spots here at the Academy and worked wonders to calm him after his nightmares. He took in the cool, breezy, fish smelling, salt filled air. It reminded him of a time he and his parents had went to Vermilion City in Kanto when he was younger. They had went to a fish market and he loved it there, he didn't even mind the smell, much like his father. He remembered that it was extremely cold in the fish market, to help keep the fish fresh and was in the middle autumn. He remembered his father telling him that the best fish was some that had been in the market for a few hours, not right after it came out of the water. He could hear the sizzling of the fish on the grill at the hotel room where his father cooked. He could smell the garlic again, one of his favorite smells in the kitchen. He could smell the basil as his father threw some on the grill and zested a lemon above the fish, falling to the fishes juicy flesh. He remembered taking a bite of the fish, the taste covering his entire tongue. Even now, just thinking about it, reminded him of the taste.

He closed his eyes and left the cool breeze hit him in the face. Then he heard a loud, deep gurgle like sound from somewhere out in the ocean, but it never returned, but it put him on edge.

"It isn't a Malamar." A voice came.

Dallas looked behind him and Megami stood there. She had snuck up on him while he remembered the fish. To his surprise, her outfit matched his. He wondered why, but as if reading his mind, she answered, "It was your mom! It was her idea! She sent both me and Jenna a set of clothing to match yours... Jenna didn't seem to mind, but... but... it just felt odd... I mean.... You know.... Uh...." Megami struggled for words before giving up on trying to explain.

Dallas laughed, "Yeah my mom would do something like that. She thinks that when you are working with a team to cook, they should be wearing the same clothing. She probably gave you both clothing so we would match while cooking." Dallas said, allowing Megami to relax a little more, but she was still red.

He turned back to the ocean, "But why are you here? Isn't it a bit cold for you?" Dallas asked.

"Have you already forgotten? I am from the north part of Sinnoh. It gets cold there." She said, her voice a little sadder.

"Sorry... It just slipped my mind." Dallas said.

"You know...."It is better to talk to a friend when dealing with a fear." Megami said, "Not that it makes you any weaker of course!" She quickly added.

Dallas smiled again, So. She did known. For a moment, he stood there, taking in the breeze.

"I... I can leave." Megami said.

"No. Don't." He said. "You are right. I am scared. Scared that I can't do anything when it comes to my friends. Scared that someone is going to get hurt. Even when you are just gathering ingredients, things can go wrong. Will go wrong. And I am scared I'm not going to be strong enough when we are in danger. When we were in that cave-" Dallas tried to say.

"You felt like you were useless? You thought that if you had been stronger, something like that would have never happened?" Megami finished what Dallas was saying.

Dallas turned back around to her. She was standing strong, far stronger than her had done over the last few weeks. She was firm in her beliefs and he could see that, no matter how nervous she was.

"Dallas, I was in that cave for 3 days. If I had been stronger, you would have never had to have come find me. You weren't the only one to lose. All three of us did. We are all to blame, me most of all. Everyone is scared of Malamar. I know that is what your nightmares have been about." Megami stood tall.

"Wh.... how did you?" Dallas let his mouth hang open. He was sure he hadn't said anything about the nightmares, just said he was having problem sleeping.

"I have heard you cry in the middle of the night through the wall. Can you imagine that? Hearing your best friend cry through the wall, unable to do anything, especially when they won't talk to you? We are all weak. We are young and as we age, we get stronger. Stop worrying about us. We have to get stronger to. I appreciate the fear Dallas, but thinking you have to do something alone, just isn't right. You make it seem like we can't take care of ourselves. And if you are always worrying about us, you will never be able to do what you want when you get older. We need to focus on our cooking. If you get distracted when cooking, it can end up going very wrong, people can get heart, or worse." Megami finished, she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, placing her hand on her chest.

Dallas stood in surprise. He wasn't sure what to say at all. Until this point, Megami had been quiet. Not saying much, but now.... she was stronger than he was.

"I even caught a new friend! See!" Megami said, her hand went to her side. She brought out a pokeball and released a Skiddo, it letting out its sound.

"A Skiddo!" Dallas exclaimed, running to the pokemon, taking a knee and started to pet it. The pokemon didn't seem to mind, and seemed to be really enjoying the petting.

"Yeah! I figured that eventually I could use its milk to make some special foods. I want to catch a Miltank later as well, but was unable to find one, but I found Skiddo!" Megami said.

"I have always wanted to catch a Skiddo." Dallas said.

"Guess i beat ya to it." Megami smiled.

"Yeah. But it is really awesome. The coat is nice and smooth and horns tough and its leafy mane is lush. It is a good catch." Dallas said, as he felt cloth fall around his neck and shoulders. He looked up and Megami was wrapping the scarf around his neck. When she noticed him looking up at her. When she noticed, she jumped back, "S...sorry! It is a scarf! I wanted to get you something for your birthday, and your mother told me how to make a scarf! I hope it is warm!?" Megami's nervousness had returned.

"Thanks Megami." He said, wrapping it the rest of the way around his neck.

"Your welcome. I think Jenna has the gloves for you. Anyway, we better get to the fountain or she will be wondering where we are. I am starting to get hun-" Her stomach growled.

"No no no! Don't growl in public!" She cried.

Dallas laughed, causing his own stomach to growl, but it didn't worry him.

Years
Name: Rylie Larus || Dorm: Suicune || Team:
y53yvPB.png
2j3de2g.png

Outside the Suicune Dorm

"Ah, It was a ghost then? I didn't get a chance to see it before you caught it, just missed it I'd guess." Rylie said with a shrug. "I wouldn't even begin to know how to train a ghost type Pokémon either. Both Kit and Hakan are Ice type so I guess I kinda stuck close to home on that front." She said, not being able to help but pat at her absent jacket pocket yet again, clearly not used to being outside without it on. "Geez, you gotta think of something to make that message stick. Clearly the first battle wasn't good enough." She said, her smile making it unclear if she was joking or not.

"I didn't even consider battling would be involved, in that case I guess it's just that much more important we go in a larger group then. Heck, maybe I should catch another Pokémon too..." Rylie said, pondering for a moment before her train of thought was interrupted. "It's no problem at all! I just figured I'd want someone to do the same for me if I were in that position." She said with another shrug.

Rylie jumped quite a bit as Sydney came in for a hug, not expecting it in the slightest. Being friends with just guys back at home she wasn't used to getting hugs from anyone but her parents. Mostly stunned, Rylie barely returned the hug, raking in the awkwardness as the moment seemed to last for an eternity for her. "Y-Yeah, see you tonight then." She said with a bit of a wave, watching Sydney walk back into the dorm. Once in the clear, Rylie gave a heavy sigh, quietly scolding herself in thought 'You couldn't have handled that more awkwardly could you?'

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn Wilton and Cyan Silver - Fire or Flight!?

After having that distasteful encounter with Rheia, Arwyn decided to sit down and relax a little bit. He needed to make plans, because he was planning in going to the volcano to catch a fire type Pokémon. He didn't particularly feel like Litwick was what he was looking for, so he was making a plan.

Meanwhile, Cyan was in his room. Simply waiting for someone to come and buy any of his Haloween decorations. He knew it could take a while, but he started seeing the flaw in his plan; No one buys Halloween decorations on Halloween. No one does that, it's like getting a christmas present after christmas. It sucks.

Cyan left the room, slightly annoyed at himself for not thinking through his plan.

Arwyn quickly heard the Litwick making noise again. ''Will you shut up! I'm trying to think here!'' Arwyn got really annoyed at the Litwick making so much noise. However, the noise wouldn't stop. Annoyed as he was, he quickly got up to yell at the Litwick in the hallway.

As Cyan aproached the main hallway, he heard a student scream. It wasn't a scared scream, it was more of an annoyed one. He then saw the student, a boy with dark hair. Cyan couldn't tell if he was younger or older than him, but he could see why he was so annoyed. A Litwick. That wasn't the first time Cyan saw one, and he knew what Litwicks could do. They would just hang around you, slowly draining the life force of the victim. He wasn't sure of what to do there, he could stop and help the boy move away from the cursed candlesticks or he could ignore them and move on with his day. The thought of that boy slowly losing his own will to live made him pick the first one.

He gathered some energy, walked past the Litwick and tried his best to communicate. "Hmm, hi... hmm I don't wanna sound weird but i don't think it's a great idea to be around these Litwick, since they... hm... kinda drain your life so... maybe we could get out of here, get some fresh air?..."

''Hmm? Oh... yes. I know about that. Let's just let these 4 be. I was just planning to go out anyway.'' They move outside of the dorm.

''Hi, I'm Arwyn, thanks for warning me. Ghost types are all too common around here at this time of year.''

"I agree, way too common for me... Oh, hm, I'm Cyan by the way."

"So... Where exactly do you plan on going during the Halloween? I think that there are only ghost and dark types around here."

''I want to go to the volcano to catch myself a Fire type Pokémon! What about you? What do you wish to do today?''

"Well, I... don't really have any plans for the next hours... not since my attempt to make money kinda failed... also... I'm not sure if the volcano is exactly a safe place to go. Even more with, you know, all the spookiness around..."

''Oh, posh! I'll be fine. Why don't you go with me? I'm sure there are interesting things for you to find there. C'mon now, what danger could there be? I won't go far up, just the edge of the volcano, not up it!''

Was this a challenge? Or just a friendly invitation to take a stroll near a pot of lava? Cyan couldn't tell, but he felt as if he needed to accept the invitation. He didn't know why, he just felt like he should go somewhere.

"Well... hm... i guess it wouldn't hurt just a little visit... not too long though, since it's Halloween..."

''Right. I still need to dress myself up. But the morning is young, we have all the time we need. Most halloween activities begin at night anyway, right? ''

With that said, they began the march to the volcano.

As they approached the mountains, Cyan began to worry. All kinds of pokemon live there, and lots of rocky ones. Lara would simply refuse to fight them, so his strongest member already out of the equation. Not only that, but his only memeber that could even attempt to do something was Max, with her Close Combat. He hoped Arwyin had something strong, because Cyan had a bad feeling about this.

''Hmm? You look kind of scared. Are you going to be alright? Do you have Pokémon to be here?''

"Pokemon? hmm, yeah, i have a few. All of them which are weak to rocks and 3 of them weak to fire... i come up with something, i need to."
He then heard a noise, like rocks dropping. It could have been anything, a Geodude, maybe an Onix. Or who knows, could have even been a Druddigon. Cyan tried to not worry about that, as he had to come up with a plan against rocks. The volcano was closer, but there still was a way to go.

A Gligar came from behind the rocks. ''Hey, leave us alone! We have nothing to do with you!'' The Gligar attacked anyways. It went in for the poison sting. ''Watch out, it has a dangerous stinger!'' Arwyn and Cyan dodged the attack.

Without thinking, Cyan released Max, the pinsir. "Max, use Quick Attack!". Max took a second to ready itself, then used an explosion of adrenaline to charge at the Gligar... but miss. The Flying Scorpion was flying a bit too high for a grounded Pokemon to hit it.

Arwyn released his own Pokémon, Klink. ''Use Vice Grip, Klink!'' The little gear Pokémon squeezes the Gligar between it's gears. It seems that was enough to scare the flying scorpion away. ''Are you alright, Cyan?''

"I'm fine... The gligar didn't hit me... Max, come back." A flash of light came from a pokeball he was holding, and Max was dragged back to her ball. "There's still a long way to go... i think it's better if we keep moving. The gligar shouldn't come back in a while."

They keep on marching, and they talk about school, and the entei dorm and stuff. When the air around them starts getting hotter, they realize they stand at the foot of the volcano area.

That was the part were Cyan was supposed to come up with a plan to deal with his fire weakness. He did not come up with anything. he also didn't know if Arwyin had anything but that Klink, which is also weak to fire. Not wanting to seem like a coward though, he marched onwards.

They arrived at the Volcano quickly. ''Do you have any Pokémon that isn't weak to fire? It would be bad if you couldn't protect yourself.''

"Well, I have one that is neutral against fire... but she absolutely hates rocks. Don't worry... i will think of something. Do you have any other Pokemon apart from the Klink?"

''I have my partner, Scraggy. So I think we should be fine. Look, we're here. It's quite hot, I don't think we should get any higher than this. Let's look around.''

As Cyan looked around he saw... rocks. And then he saw more rocks. Except they were moving. Cyan took a closer look, and saw that they were actually Rogenrolla and Boldore. He decided to keep away from them. He walked around a bit more, until he saw a small cave. From there, he could feel a warm breeze. There was definetely something hot there.

"Hmm, Arwyn? You might want to check this out."

"Hmm? Wow, I can feel that warmth coming from here... Let's see...." Arwyn comes closer but nearly avoids an ember being thrown at him. At that point, an angry Magby comes from behind the rocks. "Be on your guard, Cyan! I'm going to catch this one!"

He had no idea what he was going to catch. Whatever it was, it was hot. Maybe it was a Magcargo? Cyan heard they are almost as hot as the sun. It sure seemed to be hotter in there. Cyan sent out Lara, and got ready for the iminent fight.

Arwyn sent out Scraggy. ''Scraggy, use Sand Attack!'' The little creature kicked up some sand of the cave floor and kicked it in the Magby's face. He couldn't see at all anymore. The Magby began spewing embers around randomly. Arwyn ducked to avoid them, but Scraggy was hit by one of them, and he looked mad. ''Scraggy, use headbutt and stop it!'' Scraggy headbutted the Magby before it could do anything else.

Both Cyan and Lara ducked, dodging the embers. Then, Cyan, had a briliant Idea. He sent out Tesla, which quickly found himself in an uncounfortable and rather dangerous situation. "Tesla quickcly, use Thunder Wave!" The EleSpider realised what Cyan's plan was, and fired off small electric waves at the Magby, which was already in a disavantage.

Now not only it can't hit it's moves, It's also Paralysed! It may be unable to move!

''Alright, it's time to throw a Pokéball!'' Cyan threw a Pokéball at the small Pokémon that couldn't move. 1...2.....3....bling! ''I got it! I caught a Magby! We did it, Cyan!''

That actually surprised Cyan. he didn't expect the Magby to be caught with a single Pokeball. They usually can take over 5 balls to even give a nudge. But the paralysis does have effects on how Pokemon are caught. "Congrats on your new friend! but can we, hm, get out of here? it's getting quite hot in here and I don't think it's the Magby..."

''Hmmm.. Yeah it'd be bad if we got caught with stronger Pokémon..... let's leave.'' The two leave for the dorms. ''Oh! I still need to get my halloween costume on.''

"At this point, I'm not sure if there's enough time to make a costume, so maybe you could buy one..." Cyan had his Bisharp armour at his dorm, and it took him a lot of time to get it done. Sure, lots of mistakes were made and that delayed his final work, so maybe he could help him out...

"I can maybe help if you really want a costume... but i'm not sure how it will look since it will be a bit rushed"

''Oh no, I already started on my costume, but I just didn't really had the drive to finish it. I will be going as 'Monster'. Looks a bit like Frankenstein, to be honest.''

"Oh well, I hope you can finish it soon then." It was taking some time, but they were slowly getting back to the dorms.

"Well, I guess that's it for now. I hope i'll see you again!" With that said, Arwyn runs off.

With that colorful adventure done, it's almost spooky time for the island!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

GKu3Bkf.png

Name: Dallas Yukira

Dallas and Megami made their way toward the meeting site where they'd meet Jenna. He walked behind Megami, her long, blue hair, flowing in the cool breeze. As they did, he felt his cheeks getting warmer. He tried to make his eyes scan the landscape, but as much as he tried, his eyes would always stare at the back Megami's head.

"Hey! It is about time you two!" Jenna called.

This allowed his mind to snap back into focus. He couldn't help, but imagine his father grinning with his dumb smile.

"Hey!" Dallas yelled.

"Jenna!" Megami yelled, waving.

The three friends took a seat around the fountain.

"Had to get some alone time did you?" Jenna smiled.

Dallas felt his face warming, and Megami kept looking down, "I-It isn't like that." Megami said. "I just went to get him at the docks."

"Oh watching the sunrise together?" Jenna poked,

"No!" Dallas yelled. He took in a deep breath, "I was listening to the sea, exploring the Halloween scenery. It reminded me of my family. When I was younger, we went to Kanto and to a Fish Market around this time of the year." Dallas explained.

"Ok ok. Just kidding. So what are we doing today? Actually first, can we eat? I'm sooooo hungry." Jenna said, looking toward Megami, Dallas doing the same thing.

She seemed to be thinking about something, "Oh! Sorry!" Megami said, pulling a container out of her bag. While she did, "Oh Dallas look!" Jenna said, standing up, showing off her outfit, similar to Megami's but still different.

"Really mom?" Dallas said, putting his hands to his face.

Jenna smiled, "Now we all match! Like a big happy family!" This caused Megami to drop her bag.

"So-sorry. The food shouldn't suffer, it is in a pretty good container." Megami said, picking her bag up.

Dallas watched her. He was about to help her, but when he started to reach, Jenna coughed. Dallas looked over at her and saw her shaking her head.

"Why?" Dallas mouthed.

"Not now." Jenna mouthed back.

Dallas wondered why Jenna has told her not to help, Megami, but it caused him to stop. She pulled out the food. It was a number of Onigiri or rice balsl. It was a dish very popular in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. It is a Kantoian dish that is white rice molded into triangles and wrapped in seaweed. It was sometimes filled with different types of food. Dallas could smell the garlic and pork.

"I had it this morning. I had a feeling we might need it today." Megami said.

"Thank you Megami." Dallas and Jenna said at the same time, but Jenna was first to grab the rice balls and started eating them right away.

Dallas grabbed one and closed his eyes and took a bite so that he could focus on the taste. The pork was cooked perfectly and made a pop sound when taking a bite. The combination of the two were amazing. He really appreciated the garlic, it being his favorite flavor. He also could taste the honey and which coated his entire tongue. He opened his eyes, Megami looking right at him.

"Is it.... good?" Megami asked.

"It's awesome!" Jenna answered, but Megami was still looking at Dallas.

"It's amazing. The flavors match well, and after that battle with that boy earlier, it is exactly what I needed." Dallas smiled.

"Thank Arceus! Here! I also made some Hot Chocolate." Megami said, taking out three disposable cups and a very tightly sealed container. She quickly poured three cups of the drink and handed them out. Finally, she started eating herself and they all enjoyed the meal.

"We are friends Jenna, but you can still dream on." Dallas laughed.

"We will see." Jenna smiled.

Dallas looked at Megami. She seemed to be void of life, putting stuff away like a robot.

"Are you ok?" Dallas asked.

Megami finished and looked up, "Battle me."

"What?" Dallas asked.

"Battle me. I want you to battle me." Megami said.

"Right now?" Dallas asked.

"Yes. I want you to battle me, right here, right now Dallas. Please." Megami said, her eyes burning for a battle.

Dallas looked at Jenna who shrugged, "Ok Megami. I accept. I don't want to use Edge though. He has already battled."

"That's fine. I just want to battle. Two on Two. Me, Turtwig, and Skiddo." Megami said.

"If you two are going to battle then I want to film it. I will use my GO Cam and I will be the ref." Jenna said.

They nodded.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Confused by the sudden challenge, Dallas took up the opposite side of the battlefield from Megami.

"Hello everyone! Welcome to this early Halloween morning showdown between the two friends Megami and Dallas! Out of a sudden burst, Megami challenge Dallas to a two on two battle!" Jenna spoke.

Dallas put his hand to his waist, Megami doing the same.

"Are you both ready?" Jenna asked.

Megami raised her arm, "Skiddo go!"

"Volt, let's go!" Dallas cried.

"Both trainers have called out their newest members. If both are ready, let the battle begin!!" Jenna cried.

Megami started the battle and told Skiddo to use Leech Seed, but with a quick command for Volt to use Quick Attack, Volt was able to avoid the life sucking seeds. Dallas shouted a follow up command, using charge. Volt cried and an electrical orb formed around the pokemon, but after a command, Skiddo attacked with a Tackle attack, bashing into the zebra pokemon. Another wave of seeds came at Volt, but again the pokemon dodged with a quick attack, this time ramming into the goat. The Skiddo used a razor leaf which scratched Volt, but Volt used Charge once more at the command of Dallas, this time followed by a quick attack and then another Charge. Vines shot out from Skiddo with a vine whip, tangling Volt. But this caused Dallas to smile and he commanded Volt to use Shock Wave. Volt unleashed a charged Shock Wave that Dallas had been waiting to do. The electric traveled down the vines and shocked Skiddo. Skiddo cried out and the vines released. Skiddo fell.

"Skiddo in unable to battle! The first win goes to Dallas!"

Dallas quickly realized that Megami was a fierce battler, causing him to grin. The fierceness and the commands had been far more than he expected.

"Volt return! Freeze, let's go!" Dallas cried, as the Alolan Vulpix appeared.

"Turtwig, your turn!"

"Both trainers have chosen their longest pokemon, if both are ready, begin!" Jenna called.

Dallas started this time, telling Freeze to use Dark Pulse, slower, Turtwig took a hit and then it used razor leaf, but without much effort, Dallas commanded Freeze to use Powder Snow, destroying the leaves. Freeze then used Moonblast and Turtwig fell, but it rose up again.

"Seed Bomb!" Megami cried.

"Oh crap, use Hidden Power!" Dallas cried, being caught of guard by Seed Bomb. Freeze launched Hidden Power and struggled to throw it back. Razor Leaf was launched by Turtwig, followed by another seed bomb. Freeze was unable to push it back, but managed to dodge a large amount of damage, but still took a good amount.

"Powder Snow!" Dallas cried and Freeze unleashed a powdered snow. Turtwig was unable to move dodge, already weak from the earlier Moonblast. The snow hit home and the turtle fell, unable to stand again.

"Turtwig is unable to battle. Dallas wins the battle!" Jenna cried.

Dallas ran and picked up Freeze, throwing her in the air and catching her, then giving her a hug. It was his first win with a competent trainer. He walked over to Megami who took a knee beside Turtwig, petting it. The Turtwig was sad as she returned him to the ball as she stayed on the ground.

"Megami?" Dallas asked.

She wiped her eyes and smiled, "I had a feeling that was going to happen! Great battle! I need to go the the Pokemon Center. I'll see you in Oak Town ok!" Megami said, as she ran over to the table and walked off.

Dallas frowned as she walked away, his stomach suddenly aching, "Bye."

He turned to Jenna who was looking at the ground, "Dallas, I think you should know something."

"What do you mean?" Dallas asked.

"It's Megami. She has told me some things... She told me not to tell you, but I think you need to know." Jenna said.

"What's wrong?" Dallas said, "Good job Freeze, we will train more later." Dallas said, returning Freeze to her pokeball.

Jenna and Dallas walked over to a bench, covered in Halloween decorations. A pumpkaboo floated over to them, but they both declined.

"What's wrong?" Dallas asked.

"She has worried about you, but I guess you already know that. It seemed like you two had spoken at the docks." Jenna said.

"She has been so happy lately. I don't understand why she would suddenly be sad."

"No. She hasn't. She hides it around you, but she hasn't been as happy as you think." Jenna spoke, her normally cheery and carefree attitude gone.

Dallas listened, not being able to say anything.

"She doesn't remember how she ended up in the mountains. She told me she lied to you so you wouldn't worry. She remembered being in her room and the next moment, in the mountains. She was able to break the trance she was in, but when she did, she was attacked by the Malamar." Jenna said.

"What? Did she tell a teacher?"

"She was told that she had possible been controlled by a pokemon." Jenna said.

"The... Malamar..." Dallas said, thinking about his dream.

Jenna nodded, " She also told me that she had been bullied by a boy and girl, siblings, ever since the night you caught Edge. They have put her through a lot."

"What? Why?" Dallas asked.

"Because of you I think. I think these two might have something to do with your father or maybe their father had something to do with your's. I think that Malamar belongs to them." Jenna said.

Dallas thought of the three boys that had attacked him in Oak Town on the first day. He was able to beat them easily, but thinking about Megumi he doubted she could have handled them at the time. Had she been attacked like he had?

"Why are they targeting her and not me?" Dallas asked.

"They are... Dallas.... I know about the nightmares."

"What does that have to do with anything though?" Dallas asked.

"They have a pokemon, that can be used to give someone nightmares. They forced this pokemon on Megumi and she is forced to use it on you. If she doesn't, the Malamar will take control. Depending on who controls the pokemon, depends on how bad the nightmare is."

The realization hit him like a train, "So... she..... she is the one giving me nightmares?"

"Not her, but the pokemon. She is being forced to do it. If not, you would have significantly worse nightmares."

"And you know this for certain?"

"I hid a camera in her room and recorded the whole thing for a few nights. They come and get the pokemon every morning, so she doesn't keep it, release it, or tell you about." Jenna answered.

Dallas watched the video. Sure enough a unfamiliar pokemon was in her room. Malamar, outside her window. Then in the morning, possibly at about 6, a female enters the room and takes back the pokemon.

"Because of this, she has become terrified of both Malamar and ghost pokemon, because she is forced to command their pokemon to use nightmare. She told me not to tell a teacher, so I haven't yet.... but if this continues, just imagine what could happen."

Dallas looked at Jenna, "Why hasn't she told me?"

"Because, she is afraid you will be bad and you two stop being friends. There is a reason for that. Her father's birthday was the same as yours. Her father died from a sickness a few months before she came here. Not only did you both have the same birthday, but her father's favorite pokemon was a Bisharp. That was his starter pokemon. She saw you catch Edge and since, she has been reminded her of her father. Which reminded her how helpless she was, not being able to save her father, so she strives to prove herself. Malamar can only control her mind because she thinks she is useless. We.... no you, must remind her. I think there is only one way to do that. The night you cook for me, you must challenge the two siblings to a Food Battle and beat them." Jenna said.

"Wasn't that supposed to be tonight?"

" Yes, but this time, we cane push it back. In Unova, we have a tradition in Autumn. It is called Thanksgiving. That is when you will battle them in a cook off." Jenna said.

"Ok."

"One more thing. She wanted to give you this, because she couldn't. Her father had given it to her when she was younger." Jenna said, bringing out a poke ball that was grey with blue bubbles on top. Dallas himself thought it was a bit random. Why would she give him a poke ball like this?

"It is called a Heavy Ball, used to catch heavy pokemon and this is from me. The remaining piece of the clothing set. You now have everything for your outfit! While you track those two siblings down, I will go finish cooking some stuff to sell later in Oak Town. I know enough about cooking where I can cook cookies."

Jenna said, giving Dallas a hug and then walking off. Dallas watched her go and then looked toward the direction Megami went.

Last edited:

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years

f8b82867b0060002b9d89c93ba3fa0ee.jpg
Desmond Allen

Lil Bit of Trick, Lil Bit of Treat

"What the--- What's going on!?"

"How should I know! Gah! I can't see a thing!"

The trainers and their Pokemon struggled to see through the haze that had surrounded them. They kept their sleeves up to their faces to be sure to limit the amount they were breathing in. Around them, everything was so still and quiet, you could hear a Joltik scuttling around. This haze had come out of nowhere and lingered ominously, causing the battle to stop and the trainers to come together in the middle of the clearing. They couldn't risk dashing out of the clearing, as their directions had gotten turned around and they couldn't risk running into another Pokemon's nest, especially something like that Ariados from earlier. They were just gonna have to be patient and wait.

There wasn't much time for that though as a low growl was emitted from somewhere in the haze. Desmond whipped his head around in search of the culprit but was met with nothing but more haze. Daro called out at the creature, "Come on out! We aren't scared of you!"
"Daro, shut it!" Desmond scolded, "We don't know what is out there! Could be something seriously strong."

"Ugh, fine! Be a wimp!" Daro turned away and gestured wildly with his arms, "If it wasn't for this stupid fog!"

Desmond sighed and continued to look for the source of the growling, Daro could be a real hothead at times. Just then Desmond thought he saw some movement out of the corner of his left eye. He turned too late though as a black, dog-like shadow burst from the fog and ambushed Hecate, pinning her to the ground.

"No! Get off her!" Desmond took a step towards the creature, who turned and growled, baring its teeth. Now Desmond could see its face, a Houndour.

Desmond was stuck, he had no idea what to do. He wanted to save Hecate but he couldn't dive into action without putting her at risk. It was Desmond's worst nightmare. Fitting for the holiday that was being celebrated. How could he have been so stupid to bring everyone here. The Swamplands were dangerous and typically only traveled by the more experienced trainers. But because of Desmond's hubris, they now were in trouble and Hecate was in danger.

"Yo Des, snap out of it will ya! Kinda in a situation here!" Daro yelled over to Desmond, startling the Houndour who turned its head towards the sound, baring its teeth like it had found its next target after it was through with Hecate. What happened next though truly caught the Houndour off guard. All of a sudden it was flying through the air before landing with a thud against a tree. In its place was Rumble, standing proudly. Desmond dashed over to Hecate and knelt over her, giving her a hug. "I'm so sorry...I'll never let anything like that happen again."

"Hate to breakup the reunion but we're not done here Des!" On cue, the Houndour got back to its feet a look of pure anger on its face. "Right, let's go Hecate."

"Don't forget about us. We want some action too!" Daro and Rumble stepped up next to the pair.

"No."

"What do you mean 'No'!?"

"This attack was coordinated, the haze wasn't a coincidence. There's another Pokemon here and you need to find it."

Daro grumbled but understood, instead focusing his attention on the area surrounding the clearing.

"Alright Hecate, let's get a little payback."

Hecate nodded and stepped forward towards her assailant who readied itself. It immediately charged towards Hecate, flames leaking out of its mouth, readying an attack.

"Use Sand-Attack! Can't hit what it can't see!" Hecate quickly used one its paws to gather a some dirt and flung it at the Houndour, smacking it right in the face. This shook the Houndour up the flames dissipated and the Pokemon began pawing at its face trying to ge the dirt out.

"Nice! Now use Snarl!" A yell came from the Umbreon, sending waves towards its opponent. It wasn't very effective but the desired effect was apparent as the Houndour emitted less power. The Houndour wasn't done though, quickly spewing a dark cloud from its maw. It was easily avoidable though and Hecate easily dodged to the side. All of a sudden the Houndour was right next to Hecate, the previous attack had been a diversion.

"Hecate, get out of there!" There wasn't enough time though as the Houndour spewed fiery embers at Hecate, knocking her back considerably. How had it done that? Its attacks should've been weakened from Snarl! It was then Desmond got a chill as he stared down the Houndour. A darker presence was within it. It must be the effect of Nasty Plot. This Houndour was smart and quick-thinking. Desmond scrapped his old plan. He needed this Pokemon on his team.

"Alright Hecate get in there for a Tackle!" The Houndour had other ideas though as it spewed more poisonous gas from its maw. This one was more on target. "Dodge it! Then use…." Desmond paused. Umbreon had already moved out of the way and was closing in fast on its target. This was much faster than any normal Tackle. Had Hecate learned…? Desmond quickly learned the answer as his Pokemon slammed into Houndour sending it flying back into the dirt. The Pokemon fell to the ground but quickly struggled back to its feet. This little dog was quite the fighter.

"Alright Hecate lets use Payback." The Umbreon closed it eyes and began focusing its energy, a faint glow around it. The Houndour took this chance to unleash another close range Ember, charging in embers flowing from its maw. Hecate was taking some hits but the dirt in its opponents eyes was still affecting its somewhat. Once the Houndour had gotten close enough, Hecate opened its eyes and whipped its body around and used its hind paws as weapons, thrusting them into the opponent. The Houndour was immediately sent backwards into the same tree it had hit before, leaving a significant indent on the trunk. The Pokemon crumpled to the ground and this time was definitely not getting back up. Desmond took this chance to throw a Pokeball at it. The ball wiggled around momentarily but with little fight left in the Fire type, the ball clicked shut.

"Well done Hecate. Looks like we've got another partner." Desmond rubbed his partner's head who leaned into his hand. Around them, the haze began dissipating until there was no sign it had ever existed. On cue, Daro and Rumble strutted over to the pair.

"So I guess you defeated whatever Pokemon was causing the haze?"

"Well duh! It was easy once we found where it was hiding. The Murkrow didn't have a chance after a few attacks from Rumble here. We even decided to catch it. It was a clever little thing and has some potential." Daro held up a Pokeball.

"Felt the same way about the Houndour. Determined little guy." Desmond looked at the Pokeball with his newly caught Pokemon and gave a half smile.

"Not bad Des. Guess you aren't such a weakling after all." Desmond thought he detected the hint of a smile on Daro's face before it quickly disappeared. "Come on, let's get outta here."

"Yeah, we need to get to the Pokemon Center."

Years
Day 5: Panic before the Storm
The days slowly passed by on Oak Island, summer heat seemed like a distant memory at this point as bitter chill began to take its place. Coats and heavy jackets became a common sight among even the most cold-tolerant students around the academy. There was no mistaking it, Winter was coming. While the island hasn't seen it's first snow fall quite yet, the dove gray skies and icy wind made it clear it would be any day now.

The changing climate though was the least of most people's worries however as winter brought with it the one thing most students dread most, finals. All over the island students began to panic as they prepared tirelessly for their semester end evaluation. Whether it was diligently studying alone or in groups, relentlessly battling everyone they came across or filling out holes in their team, everyone seemed to have their own preferred method of preparation.

Despite not knowing what the exam would entail, one rumor in particul1ar seemed to be spreading like wildfire. Apparently, a student overheard a small group of staff members talking about some sort of project involving the Pokémon of the island. Whether this rumor is true or not or even pertains to the final is anyone's guess, only time will tell for sure…

*****​

Rylie let out a loud, beastly yawn as she slowly stirred awake. Giving a groggy groan she took a peek at her alarm clock through her messy hair. "Still about half an hour before I need to wake up…" she thought out loud to herself. As she sat up in her bed, she noticed something was off about her room. While she normally kept her room rather cool as it helped her sleep today it was rather particularly cold. "Ugh, did I leave kit out of her ball or something" she wandered, giving a bit of a lazy, fruitless look around her room. Not finding anything she prepared to get up to look for the mischievous fox before feeling a slight tugging at her pant leg. At the foot of her bed laid the head of a light blue Pokémon with large eyes, tugging at her pant leg.

"Eeek!" Rylie squealed in an uncharacteristically high voice as she scampered back to the opposite side of the bed. This also seemed to startle the big-eyed Pokémon as well, sending them retreating behind a nearby chair, a soft yellow glow giving away its hiding spot rather easily.

Rylie gave a bit of a panicked look around her room before spotting the incubator she's been carrying around for the past month. It seemed destroyed, it's walls shattered, and bits of colored egg shell were scattered along with the broken glass. Quickly putting two and two together she hopped out of bed and investigated. Behind the chair seemed to be a scared looking, blue quadruped Pokémon with a blue looking diamond on the side of its body. It had a long neck coiled around one of the chair legs and soft glowing fins on top of its head.

"Hey, sorry for scaring you. You just startled me is all." Rylie said in a much calmer, soothing tone. Reaching out to pat it on the head the Pokémon shied away, clearly still somewhat spooked. "I'm really not good with this kind of stuff." She said with a bit of a sigh. "Hey, are you hungry?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney could hear the alarms of other students buzzing, beeping and Chatot-ing through the walls of the Suicune dorm, but she'd already been awake for a solid forty minutes and gotten herself ready for the day. Dressed in clothing sensible for the weather without sacrificing too much style - a trendy pair of boots, skinny jeans and a number of upper body layers ending in an Articuno themed blue and white jumper - she slipped out of her room and the dormitory entirely. She'd been trying to keep a low profile since the Halloween debacle of her woefully public struggle against a Sableye. A Sableye that she had ended up catching, thank-you-very-much, proving herself as a premiere Trainer for anyone who actually bothered to pay attention! But still, the thought of the show she had made of herself was enough to colour her cheeks and she'd been trying to avoid drawing attention to herself at least until someone else had an equally shameful moment.

Besides all of that, who had the time to socialise right now? Finals were fast approaching and there was no way, not a single chance, that she wasn't going to be completely prepared. The closer they got to the end of the term and those exams the more of her time had been dedicated to studying. Examining type combinations and weaknesses, Pokemon anatomy, nutritional information - anything she thought had a reasonable chance of being even mentioned in a question! She felt that all of the academic legwork was paying off but there was just so much to learn, how could any one person possibly know all of it? She was also acutely aware that she hadn't had a battle, or even trained her Pokemon very much beyond basic drills for fitness, in a tragically long time. She had worked enough with her Sableye to establish a relationship with the little nightmare and name him Smiler since he never stopped grinning no matter what was going on around him, but they hadn't had even a single battle together yet.

The idea that the Finals might contain a component that wasn't purely academic had at this point had never even entered her head. And with that lack of a thought she scurried to the cafeteria and loaded up on a quick breakfast before plonking herself down with a textbook and furiously scribbling out notes. By the time the other students arrived she could have at least another two pages written up on the evolution theory behind trade mechanics! None of their teachers had ever suggested that this would be a topic on the Finals but it was better to be than sorry.... right?

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Winter Not-so Wonderland

It was finally that time of the year. The stress, the anguish, the E X A M S. Oh, and I guess there's supposed to have snow, and hey, at least the weather is fine now, right?

It's even better when you can stay inside, watching funny Skitty videos while being wrapped in blankets and having a cup of chocolate milk. And it's still too cold, you could just turn on the heater (or give Lara some berries, same result).

Cyan was never the type of guy that likes to study. But he acknowledges that he should at least try to have some, as his grades were never something he was proud of. But it can be quite hard, specially when you are on the last level of the Ink shooting game, and you are on the final fight against DJ Octivio. Sure, It's the final boss, but he hadn't even touched the Octi Expansion yet. And after that, he had to clean his Pokemon, feed them, and he promised Max a Dummy she could fight with. He just didn't have the time to study...

He also had to actually "grow out" of his awkwardness. He knew he was kinda shy and even weird at times for no reason. He had to find a way to at least mask it out in some way. His idea was to "battle it out. It would be the best way to do some "studying" and gain some skills!

After he finally beat DJ Octivio, he decided to rush the part of cleaning his team and feeding them. He still did, but just the bare minimum. Just like his homework. He went out and waited near the battle fields, waiting for someone to pop up. He noticed that it was quite barren, barely anyone was out.

Maybe he shouldn't have woken up at 4am to play games... at least not when he has tests coming up soon.

Party

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
Years
Arwyn wilton - Cool beans

The start of the morning was promptly announced by Arwyn's alarm clock screaming in his ear. He normally would be awake before the alarm clock would even ring, but he stayed up late studying yesterday, since finals were closely approaching. He didn't have to worry much about battling, as in the Entei Dorm, he could have as many as he wished. Though studying was a bit more difficult. He also finally stayed up thinking for some nicknames he could give his Pokémon, to make it more special. Scraggy ended with the name Celery, as that is Arwyn's favourite vegetable. Klink got the name Sizzler, though this was more random than anything else. Magby got the name Ash, which is just fitting for a fire type Pokémon. Strangely enough, he wasn't quite feeling hungry today. He may have had a little too much to snack on last night. He got dressed in his usual getup and still had enough time left until class would begin. Maybe someone would be up for a battle? This is the Entei dorm after all. Battling skills should be kept up. Maybe Rheia would be around? She looked interested in battling him earlier, even if she referred to battle as 'crushing' Arwyn.

After feeding Ash and Celery, and leaving Klink charging up near the power outlet in his room for a little bit, he went over to the battle field. Surely someone had the same idea as him, right? When he arrived there, he saw a familiar face. ''Oh hey, Cyan, is that you? Are you here to battle?''

How convenient. Not only was there a person he knew, he also knew some of his Pokémon. This may be a good opportunity to train up Ash... he would definitely ask for a battle, if that is what he was here for.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
rE6oxzdl.jpg
PCP280.png
PCP547.png

Start
Previous...
Next...

Day 5: Winter Morning

Kayrana's eyes slowly opened up to find Aurai's face right next to hers, both tugged behind layers of blankets, with only their head visible. The sunlight that entered the room through the window was very scarce. Kayrana turned her head to look towards the window. Another grey day, and snow was ever closer. Well, at least it was an opportunity to wear many layers of clothing. She caressed Aurai's head, and as if on cue, that was when Aurai opened his eyes. As for Whimsi, she usually ended up rolling all the way to the floor, but today—be it because of the reigning cold or just because of pure luck—she had stayed on the bed, clinging to Kayrana's tummy with her little stubby arms.

"Good morning!" They had woken up very early, as always, and Kayrana—as usual—had had a perfect night's sleep, even though finals were looming over the horizon. She beamed to Aurai, both of them were wide awake already. Whimsi still clinged to her very dear sleep. "Come on, sleepyhead!" She took off the blankets and laid a kiss on Whimsi's forehead. "Ra-Ralts!" Aurai clambered on top of Kayrana and kissed her cheek. "Ah, my pardon, my beloved," she giggled, and kissed Aurai's forehead.

She looked at the calendar that was placed in the wall opposite her bed. Yesterday, it had rained, there was no need to water the plants. And she also remember that finals were looming over, but she paid no mind to that, prefering to relax. So, for about an hour Kayrana sketched some things on her notebook, sitting cross-legged on the floor, while Aurai watched and Whimsi still drowsed around the room, jumping about every now and then. It seemed she was playing a game of jumping above both Kayrana and Aurai, sometimes failing miserably and falling on top of any of them, sometimes ruining the sketches. But Kayrana didn't get angry, she just caressed her fur and went on to sketch.

Later, the three chose a wardrobe for Kayrana for this winter day. Purple pastel socks with Kayrana's usual all-blue trainers; long pale green gabardine trousers; a white long-sleeved dress shirt draped with her Raikou jacket, and atop that, a long turqoise trench coat, just in case it rained. She also chose a blue knot that she thought would look nice.

"Well, we still have plenty of time to get breakfast before class starts, right?" she said, picking her two friends up. Aurai clambered to her shoulder, while she carried Whimsi on her arms.

--

The cafeteria wasn't exactly bustling with people. It was finals week, and many people seemed to disregard their health to get good grades. But not Kayrana. She always made sure to eat properly. This time she asked for something simple, some nice, fluffy sweet potato pancakes with honey. And for her Poke-friends, she asked for about three or four different types of berries. She had also grabbed some from her plants in the balcony. She asked for Chai Tea for herself, and just water for Aurai and Whimsi.

Once their order was ready, they sat down on a table and started munching. Kayrana left her trench coat on her side, it wasn't as cold inside. "Today, I think, we should head to the forest to see how it's doing in the winter. Although we should also probably pass by the library to study, or maybe have some training, I don't exactly know what the tests are going to be like, I'm a bit worried..." Aurai and Whimsi nodded to all of that, as if sharing the indecision of their trainer... or maybe they were just too focused on their berries! What obstacles await Kayrana, Aurai, and Whimsi? Will they meet someone new? How will they fare in classes, and are they ready to take on a final test? We'll just have to wait and see!

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Freezing

"Holy crap its cold…" Ivrant muttered to himself as he really didn't want to get out of these sheets. It was cold and his clothes were all the way at the closet. It would be a mad dash for warmth. A new challenge for Ivrant to overcome. One false move and his legs and arms would feel that chill for a good while. But if Ivrant stayed in bed he'd miss class… couldn't have that. "Okay Ivrant… you got this. Just a mad dash!" Ivrant took a deep breath and throw off the blanket, rushing toward the closet and quickly gathering his outfit. "Coldcoldcoldcoldcold!" Ivrant shivered as he quickly slid on his pants and long sleeved shirt fit with a grey jacket. It would be enough to manage through the cold weather. He'd usually be more lazy about waking up at this hour but nope! The cold sucked! He needed to wear layers! Two layers! Five Layers! Well maybe not that much…

His Pokemon stayed in their balls as well. He knew for sure Dynamo wouldn't have fun in this temperature so was best that he stayed warm. When he put on his clothes Ivrant realized quickly "Oh right… skipped a few steps…" Ivrant sighed as he went into the bathroom and undid all of his hard work to jump right into the shower, wash off, brush his teeth, etc before getting right back into form. Time to get right to work! A new day meant a new challenge! He still needed that rematch with Sydney at some point after the last embarrassment he went through and considering what she said to Rylie the other time well… that just made that potential friendship all the more awkward. Ivrant had alot more thinking to do since then… how the heck was he going to salvage that?

...As Ivrant passed by Rylie's room he heard a loud shout and as he figured, it was from Rylie. He was half tempted to see what was wrong but considering the last couple accusations being thrown around about Ivrant? Was he really going to go and feed more wrong ideas?

"..."

It frustrated Ivrant to no end. Rylie could take care of herself… he decided to just walk right past. Probably fell off the wrong side of the bed or something… but then he hesitated. He was way to nice to just walk past without at least seeing what was wrong. What if it was serious? "...I'm going to regret this…" Ivrant sighed as he at least knocked on the door. "You alright in there?" Ivrant asked, trying to keep his frustration held back.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Trainer Spotted!

"Oh, hey Arwyn. Yeah, I'm trying to get some training done to practice some strategies. So, hmm, do you want to have a double battle?" Cyan had been thinking of this strategy for a while, since he would sometimes watch doubles on TV. He just never had the chance to try it out anywhere beforehand.

It was a high risk, but way too high of a reward to not try it. At least for his current standards, and that's considering that no one on his team was over level 20, they weren't all that high. So, would the battle begin?

Party

Last edited:
Years
Rylie Larus - A New Partner

Rylie was quick to fetch a food dish for the small Dino Pokémon, remembering the advice she was given after class she fetched a small can from the drawer of her deck and emptied it out on the dish. "You better like this stuff, it's not cheap." Rylie said as she handed the food over. The Pokémon's shyness quickly vanished as it was presented food, happily uncoiling itself from the chair leg and helping itself.

Rylie gave a bit of a sigh as she watched the Pokémon eat "Geez, why do I keep getting cute Pokémon? People are eventually going to get the wrong idea…" Instinctively she reached out to pat it on the head however just as she was about to make contact a small spark of electricity from between its fins caused her to recoil quickly. "Ack! Not there, got it!" She said quickly, relocating her pat on its back instead which it seemed to allow. The Pokémon's body seemed firm and very cool to the touch.

"Well, you're clearly an Ice type, that much is clear. I can't really tell much beyond that, The weird gem thing on your side implies rock type however the fins imply electric type. Heck, maybe it isn't ice type. All things considered, it's rare for me to find an ice Pokémon I don't know anything about. Yet the same thing was true for Kit as well…" She thought to herself as she looked over the hungry Pokémon "I guess at the very least you need a name for now, How about Taiga?" She asked, The Pokémon seeming too focused on its food to respond. "I'll take that as a yes."

Just as Taiga was about half way done eating there was a knocking at her door. "You alright in there?" asked an all too familiar male voice through the door. 'Dang it, what's he doing at the door?' Rylie thought to herself, not able to help but roll her eyes. "Yeah, don't open the door!" she called back, not really wanting to deal with him right now, especially before she got dressed for the morning.

Megaman765

Years
This is Fine
Well as expected, Rylie was fine and seemed to have to call out Ivrant about not opening the door. "Yeah yeah I'm not stupid. Take your time." Ivrant said. Now could he walk away? No he was going to nip this issue right now and see what the issue was. What the hell was Sydney going around telling Rylie? He did not want stupid rumors going around the academy or anything. He was just genuinely concerned about the first "friend" he made in the academy... well if they were even friends anymore in the first place. He admitted that his jab back at Sydney last Halloween didn't look too good on Ivrant's part, Seeing his rival in such a defeated spot just made it difficult for Ivrant to not resist. It really made him look like a jerk and he could at least accept that much...

"Alright just heard a lot of noise and all. If your busy I'll go. I just wanted to talk about some stuff is all." Ivrant said, wondering if Rylie would even give Ivrant the time of day.

Years
Rylie Larus - A stressful encounter

Rylie gave a disappointed sigh as she heard Ivrant out, she knew he'd want to talk eventually but he picked what was probably the worst time to work up the courage. "Alright, fine. I don't know what you heard but… Just give me a few minutes." She called back begrudgingly denying the scream even happened, Taiga playfully pulled at the bottom of her shirt in the meantime.

Quickly Rylie scavenged through her room, hastily throwing her dorm jacket over her nightshirt and running a brush through her hair a few times, giving just enough attention to Taiga so he won't completely wreck the room. After a couple minutes Rylie looked herself over in the mirror, It's clear she got ready rather hastily but figured she looked decent enough. Finally fetching her bag from a nearby chair, Rylie retrieved a fresh pokéball from inside. "Alright, I need you to go into a ball for now. We'll play later, I promise." She said, trying to reassure the newly hatched Pokémon as it's enveloped by the familiar red light. Taiga giving a somewhat confused look as he disappears.

Getting ready for the inevitable, Rylie let out a heavy breath before making her way towards the hall. Opening the door, a rush of warm (well, warmer) air entered the room. "Alright, what is it?" she asked, her arms crossed impatiently.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Sydney Florencia Ramirez

Sydney, absent minded, drummed the end of her pencil against her notepad as she perused the textbook. The material wasn't that advanced, and it felt like she was picking it up well enough but she had to admit that she wasn't used to studying exclusively solo. Back home she had a cadre or study buddies willing to cram with her but here at the Academy she had to admit she was having a really hard time making decent friends. Most of the people she met seemed ready to get upset at the drop of a hat and it was hard to establish a real rapport. She had a few passing acquaintances that she'd met through classes but no one she felt really comfortable calling a friend. There was Rylie, she supposed, who had been very kind during the Halloween debacle. But the two of them hadn't spent an awful lot of time together actually doing anything. Where would she even start anyway, Rylie was very different from the sorts of girls she had hung around with back home. Normally people wanted to spend time with her, what had become so different all of a sudden?

And then there was Ivrant Stinkface Lehort. She'd never had an enemy before but Sydney felt that this was probably what it felt like. Every time she turned around since destroying him in their battle he seemed to be there, ready to point and laugh if anything went even slightly wrong for her. She still owed him for the way he had treated her at Halloween - oh she had not forgotten about that! - but it would have to wait until after Finals. Once she had her academic affairs in order then she could get back to what she actually wanted to be doing, training her Pokemon and making sure Ivrant knew that he was at the very bottom of the pecking order. And that thought brought her back to her notes...

With a heavy sigh she tried to turn her thoughts back to studying but there was no way to avoid the fact that her thoughts kept drifting back to how she was really starting to feel a little lonely. She had her Pokemon of course, and really they were enough, but it was difficult going from having so many friends to having essentially none at all.

Megaman765

Years
Sorry

Naturally Rylie wasn't exactly pleased to see Ivrant of all people. That wasn't going to stop Ivrant from doing what he set out to do. Of course he'd need to do something a hundred times more difficult as well and attempt to apologize to Sydney but the thought of that seemed impossible. At least Rylie was reasonable.

About last Halloween... well... really just wanted to say sorry for making an ass of myself there really." Ivrant said, taking a big breath to further work up everything else he wanted to get out there. "I feel like I've probably been giving off a really rotten impression and that isn't what I want to do. I got carried away and just really made myself look like an asshole in front of the dorm and well, I really don't want people or other dorms to see me or the rest of us like that you know?" Ivrant explained. He'd love to talk crap on Sydney and how she was the forerunner of this perception of the Suicune dorm but held himself back.

"If I'm doing anything to piss you off or anything else just tell me straight. Your the first person I chatted with on the island so I still want to be friends and all that. I just don't want it to be awkward all because I acted like an idiot." Ivrant concluded. He really hoped Rylie would at least take it well or just be honest about what Ivrant was doing wrong.

Years
Rylie Larus - A Proposition

Rylie quietly listened to Ivrant's apology despite being ready to jump on him the moment Sydney was mentioned. Thankfully, that readiness seemed wasted as he finished his apology. It took a lot for Rylie a lot of willpower not to scream 'Thank god, about time' by the end of it, instead managing to maintain a somewhat impatient look, her arms folded over each other.

"Alright, here's the deal then. For now, I'll accept your apology." Rylie started before giving him a stern look "You need to lay off Sydney though. I know you two go together like paper cuts and lemon juice however I have my reasons for this. You don't have to like her, however adding fuel to the fire like that doesn't do anything but make things more difficult for me."

Rylie finally unfolded her arms and gave a more relaxed look. "I have something I need to do before class so I can't talk much right now. However, if you can do that for me then we can catch up later, deal?" Rylie said, offering her hand out to shake on the agreement.

Megaman765

Years
Fiinnneeee

"Yeah that's fine. I'm not exactly looking to hang out with her or anything. Honestly would rather not deal with her for a good while. I'm worried she's gonna be the one egging me on though." Ivrant said, holding his hand out to her. "What did you mean make things difficult for you? Know what... I'm not even gonna ask. I'd rather not fuel the fire any further you know? I'll lay off like you said." Ivrant added, looking around a bit. "Damn it's still freaking cold... how do you do it Rylie? You said you hung out in cold places for awhile but has to be more to handling the weather then just being in it for awhile right?" Ivrant asked, hoping it'd at least change the subject and keep his mind off of Sydney.

"Well uh... I'll see you a bit later then Rylie. Hit me up if anything happens alright?" Ivrant said, giving a small wave before making his way out to the entrance of the dorms hoping to god he didn't bump into Sydney on the way. Class was the first priority after all and it things were this cold? It better be a darned good one! Though a bit of food from the cafeteria wouldn't be a bad way to start the day off...

Last edited:
Back