• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Special Community Day event next weekend in Pokémon GO

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Special Community Day event next weekend in Pok?mon GO

Ayy, I like this. Just hope shiny rates are high throughout but I'll deal with 3 hour period being the main booster.

I need Mareep most of all, also another Bulbasaur and Dratini would be nice. Pikachu too but lower priority.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ayy, I like this. Just hope shiny rates are high throughout but I'll deal with 3 hour period being the main booster.

I need Mareep most of all, also another Bulbasaur and Dratini would be nice. Pikachu too but lower priority.

I hope shiny rate are higher as well, I would love to catch a shiny mareep to evolve it to the Amphoras, but the 3 hours isn't much time.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Sorry for the large pics, need to get tiny pics next time.

Well, I was lucky enough to get 3 myself, 1 magikarp that I wasn't expecting:

Spoiler:

and 2 drowzees in one spot, really not expecting:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
pls shiny mareep ; ; or any mareep tbh....only have one
hopefully it won't rain during the three hour boost period

Years
Did you get any thing today? Ran into a lot for the event, but not a shiny in the bunch.

bunch of comm day mons yeah, happy with my stash of mareep from just maybe 45 minutes of playtime
no shinies yet either, good luck to us both D:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I got like 15 or so mareep, 5, I think of dratini, and a bunch of the starters, but not one shiny, live feed I watched and he didn't get any either, isn't that weird though? I been on game for about 5 hours now.

Years
i caught my first shiny about 2 hours ago in Huntington beach ran into a shiny charmander...... i hope i can get either a shiny beldum, bulbasour or a shiny mareep.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Rates are definitely not 1/25 like all previous Community days. I'm currently at 0/250

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Rates are definitely not 1/25 like all previous Community days. I'm currently at 0/250
Rates may be ~1/25 - but during the 3 hour event time for your region.

Caught one shiny Mareep before the event here, and 12 shinies during (Mareep, Cyndaquil x2, Squirtle x2, Beldum x2, Chikorita, Pikachu, Larvitar, Eevee and a Dratini in the last 10 minutes).

Nearly have a full set of all the comm day Pokemon now! Just need one more Bulbasaur.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
So can we get the squirtle with the sunglasses during this time?
Can't get on this event.
Rates may be ~1/25 - but during the 3 hour event time for your region.

Caught one shiny Mareep before the event here, and 12 shinies during (Mareep, Cyndaquil x2, Squirtle x2, Beldum x2, Chikorita, Pikachu, Larvitar, Eevee and a Dratini in the last 10 minutes).

Nearly have a full set of all the comm day Pokemon now! Just need one more Bulbasaur.
That was alot, congrats.
I finally got my shiny Mareep that I missed the first time around.

Glad you got it.
I got 3 in a row, a squirtle (my fav.), wasn't expecting but rain boosted it, a dratini and a larvitar.

Years
I finally got my shiny Mareep that I missed the first time around.

soo lucky ashdhf

My haul from the boosted times today:

Spoiler:

Was only out for a little over an hour so it's not too bad, but what I really wanted was the mareep ):

Sirfetch’d

Wasn't able to do much during the boosted times because of work but I did get a shiny beldum today to go along with the eevee and chikorita from yesterday!

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
Managed to get a shiny Charizard and shiny Venusaur today. The last thing I need to do is catch a bunch of Dratini for candy so my Dragonair can finally evolve.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's over!

What's everyone's final shiny totals?

I finallyyy got two shiny Bulbasaur, one extra shiny Charmander, a spare shiny Larvitar (that I forgot to evolve...) and a spare shiny Beldum too!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I got a Shiny Squirtle on Friday, then I got 9 shinies during the three hours, it was pouring during the three hours of course. I got 8 shinies on Sunday.

What I really wanted was a few shiny Beldum so I could have a better shiny Metagross, my only one is 60 something.

As well as Larvitar, I only got 2 the first time so needed one for Pupitar. But obviously it would be nice to have another shiny Tyranitar, or even one above 73%. Luckily I got a Larvitar on sunday. Only took 128. Beldum ended at 121 with no shiny. I have no luck whatsoever with Larvitar or Beldum.

I evolved one of my 100% Squirtle's, 1 98% Charmander and 1 84% Larvitar. Didn't evolve any shinies, fell asleep last night so missed evolving any extra legacy shinies. Oh well

In terms of Community Days I would have preferred a new Pokemon honestly.

Last edited:

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I ended up with only the 3 I mentioned before and about an hour before it ended, cut on !my game 1 last time for the day and got a shiny charmander, over all, I think a done pretty good considering.

Back