• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wired or wireless?

Years
Wired! But if I lived in a smaller place where the connections reaches better, I'd highly prefer WiFi since I'm tired of cables haha. Wireless is the future and I'd like to adapt to that with as many devices as possible (beyond just internet connectivity).

Years
I went wired back in July <3 it was the best thing to do even though it involved me laying some cabling underneath my house.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 16, 2019
Most of the time I been using wired connection, but while I played an game my connectivity to wired been slow, so I get wireless router the IP address: 192.168.1.1 I used before I didn't change but it's okay it works better too., Even much better to use wired for playing a game but I want to try also a wireless connection.

Last edited:

Stumpy.

[b][i][color=#330033][font="Lobster Two]The Lone P
Years
Wired all of the way xD

Mostly due to the fact that I seem to have awful luck with wireless peripherals malfunctioning.

TY

wireless has always felt too heavy for me.

Years
im using a Logitech G602 wireless gaming mouse as i can often trip over wires and the macros of the mouse can be handy in some games
That's cool, but if you read the OP (and the clarity), you would see that this is about networking preferences, and not I/O devices. :]

Years
I/O devices, wireless preferred but recently wired has been growing on me (gaming mouse can be pretty cool ok)
networking preference, wireless! i really don't like disconnecting whenever i have to move somewhere else and i'd like to avoid that as much as possible
maybe if my laptop stays in one place i'd go for wired but it doesn't :0

Years
That's cool, but if you read the OP (and the clarity), you would see that this is about networking preferences, and not I/O devices. :]
my bad i may of misread it as i was still waking up at the time but for internet wise i typically use wireless on my laptop as it would be a hazard to use a ethernet cord but when im gaming on console i use wired as that is a bit easier as i have a ethernet cord coming through the wall which comes through the kitchen floor through the ceiling of my basement with the cord originating in my bedroom which has a hole driilled through the floor which wasnt fun or easy to drill as the flooring is pretty thick or multilayered

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
I can go with both, due to batteries are not often that reliable, and the earbuds i get, the battery doesnt last longer than 7 hours, which sucks. But for a mouse and controller i go wireless, they go a good while on battery.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Well there's no wired in the room my computer is in, and not possible to draw cables since we want to be able to close the door so... rip. Wifi it is. It works for me though.

Back