• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did your username come from?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Topic title says it all, really. How did your username come to be?

As for me, it started over on an IRC (yes, this was before Discord) server for a forum I used to frequent. Looking back in hindsight, I was using a really stupid name (castlewars) that didn't really fit, and people were mocking me for my name and making offshoots of it, such as castlepeace. As I was going through a Zelda phase at the time, I wanted to change to "Link", but my finger stumbled on an extra I, making it Linik. The "Hero" part at the start was added for YouTube, just to make it sound cool.

Years
not even going to touch on the history of my past usernames, that's a whole 'nother story and I had a very long bout of username indecisiveness lmao

but as for my current username... let's just say it fits my personality the most, haha.

Years
Gonna move this over to S&T.

My current username came from my love for Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I've had this username....twice, now?

As far as my main username - Erik Destler - it stems from my love of the Phantom of the Opera. Erik is his canon first name from the book, and Destler is the surname given to him in the 1989 horror adaptation starring Robert Englund that I never finished watched bc it was too scary.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Mine is a play on my real name Caitlin. I had wanted to use my real name when I join Bulbagardens but someone had already taken it so I changed it to Catie-chan.

HeroLinik - Not gonna lie I never even noticed the spelling until I read your post...lol.

Last edited:

TY

Current username i use on PC is a character from the Warcraft series

otherwise my regular alias, TY, came as a shortened form of Tyranitar.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i'd rather not talk about my past usernames lol. my currently username basically means star child in japanese. i wanted a username based off rin hoshizora from love live, so i figured why not take part of her last name and see what other japanese words fit with it. and thus hoshiko was born.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
stranger + hypno. Stranger cause I thought it sounded cool, like Stranger Things. Plus I feel like a stranger in real life because I have no close relationships with anyone. I chose Hypno as the 2nd part of the name for no real reason. It's not even my favorite pokemon.

Years
i think i used the name percy because i have this pun of name + avatar combo. my name was percy but my avatar was michael jackson. percy + michael jackson = percy jackson. it was a stupid pun that no one got ;-;

that name+avatar combo is gone now though. kinda stuck with percy because its simple

Years
Trance is my favourite genre of music.

I started with the name on my xbox 360, tranceking was taken so I picked 26 on the end as it's my lucky number.

Years
Yue Han is the pinyin (pinyin: system for romanising Chinese characters) for what my real name translates to in Chinese.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
This is my main username online & Palamon is some knight from A Knight's Tale. This username is pretty much my identity online, so I can't move away from it lmfao.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
Calzone.JPG

I dunno. Kinda popped in to my head one time when I was on a Different forum was my username. Until I got banned. Then I came here after I became 13. Anyway, I just happen to like the word calzone. The 407 is just a random string of numbers

Last edited:

Amyrakunejo

Philosophical Pagan Femme Fair Gynesexual Gamer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 24, 2020
My username?

It's my actual name; roughly translated to English from my native tongue, it means 'Fairest Lady'. It holds true; I am very fair, but not always nice. I try to be, but don't push me...lol

That delicious looking image has now made me hungry, lol

Last edited:

lilbluedemon

Crunching the numbers!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2019
I have my own character how original started out as a "Little Blue Demon"

But, he's recently grown into a large blue demon.
But "lilbluedemon" is still a hecking cool name.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
It's an online username that I would like have as a character in a fantasy/fictional setting as well has having the spelling/sounds that I like.

Last edited:
Years
i actually took it from someone on a pokémon-esque website that used to exist called paladore because it was cute, lol
now it has stuck and is my identity ♡

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
It's the title of Shana, the lead from Shakugan no Shana.

"Flame haired, burning eyed"

Love the sound of it, its association to heat, red, fire, and the series, so that's why.

I can't think of anything I'd ever want to change it to either.

HeroLinik - Not gonna lie I never even noticed the spelling until I read your post...lol.

Curiously, me neither.

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I got first half of my current username from my make-believe personal anime (Starry Wings), and the Windy because some tend to call me Windy here.

Last edited:
Back