• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playtest Error

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I keep getting this error whenever I try to playtest through RPG Maker.
Exception: RuntimeError
PokemonLoad:308:in `pbStartLoadScreen'
DebugIntro:6:in `main'
Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'
Main: 15:in `mainFunction'
Main: 15:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main: 15:in `mainFunction'
Main:47
Main:46:in `loop'
Main:55

Previous error was sorted, but now I come across this when entering wild battles.
PokemonUtilities:1246:in `pbSeenForm'
PokeBattle_Battle:479:in `pbSetSeen'
PokeBattle_Battle:594:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:505:in `pbStartBattle'
PokemonField:827:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:826:in `pbSceneStandby'
PokemonField:828:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:825:in `pbBattleAnimation'
PokemonField:825:in `pbWildBattle'
PokemonField:1232:in `pbBattleOnStepTaken'

Last edited:

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I think you need to delete your savefile.

Thanks for the reply, I've given it a try and it's let me get as far as creating a new game.
But now it's lead to a further problem.

Running it through the 'Game' application brings me this message when I start a new game:
Script 'Game_Map_' line 106: SystemStackError occurred.

Stack level too deep.

And playtesting through RPG Maker gives similar results:
Exception: SystemStackError
Game_Character_1:66:in `moving?'
Game_Event_:246:in `update'
Game_Map_:336:in `update'
Game_Map_:334:in `each'
Game_Map_:334:in `update'
Scene_Map:37:in `updateMaps'
Scene_Map:36:in `each'
Scene_Map:36:in `updateMaps'
Scene_Map:84:in `miniupdate'
Scene_Map:83:in `loop'

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Thanks for the reply, I've given it a try and it's let me get as far as creating a new game.
But now it's lead to a further problem.

Running it through the 'Game' application brings me this message when I start a new game:

And playtesting through RPG Maker gives similar results:
Check the events on the map where the player starts. Probably something with an action that is blocked.

Shinypoliwrath

RMXP Noob
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
I've got it running as Administrator now.

Check the events on the map where the player starts. Probably something with an action that is blocked.
I had a look at the intro event, for some reason there was a move route command in there, and that was the thing causing the trouble.
I can't think of how that got in there, unless I copied the wrong commands when I copied everything over to the new version of essentials.

Thanks for the help! :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
Hello! I'm also having an error pop up when I go to play test and I can not figure out what it means or what I've done wrong.

[EOFError, "End of file reached", ["Section053:660:in `oldload'", "Section053:660:in `load'", "Section203:3242:in `load_data'", "Section203:3242:in `getMap'", "Section203:3395:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'", "Section203:3393:in `each'", "Section203:3393:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'", "Section203:4424:in `pbCompileAllData'", "Section203:4515"]]

And this pops up right after:

[Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]

Exception: NoMethodError

Compiler:3398:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:3393:in `each'

Compiler:3393:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'

Compiler:4424:in `pbCompileAllData'

Compiler:4515

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
[EOFError, "End of file reached", ["Section053:660:in `oldload'", "Section053:660:in `load'", "Section203:3242:in `load_data'", "Section203:3242:in `getMap'", "Section203:3395:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'", "Section203:3393:in `each'", "Section203:3393:in `pbCompileTrainerEvents'", "Section203:4424:in `pbCompileAllData'", "Section203:4515"]]

This one probably means that one of your maps contains a corrupted trainer event.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
If you use the same save file for different games (especially if they're different versions of Essentials), you're very likely to run into crashes.

To minimize the chances of crashing, you'll have to manually check that all of your items, Pokemon, and any other data from game 1 also exist in game 2 when you load into a map - which may be difficult because there may be more data that is checked that I didn't mention.

It might just be easier to start a fresh save file for your new game.

I understand that someone has already instructed you to delete your save file - are you 100% sure that you deleted the correct save file?
Did you delete it through a file manager or through the game?

You mentioned that you transferred your data to another version of Essentials.
What version were you using before and what version did you update to?
If you transferred any scripts at all, I suggest removing them - starting with scripts that involve save states.

Lastly, did you change any scripts on your own?
Note that a lot of code was changed from Essentials v.16 to v.17, and it may be possible that scripts and other bits of code will malfunction when transferred over.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
If you use the same save file for different games (especially if they're different versions of Essentials), you're very likely to run into crashes.

To minimize the chances of crashing, you'll have to manually check that all of your items, Pokemon, and any other data from game 1 also exist in game 2 when you load into a map - which may be difficult because there may be more data that is checked that I didn't mention.

It might just be easier to start a fresh save file for your new game.

I understand that someone has already instructed you to delete your save file - are you 100% sure that you deleted the correct save file?
Did you delete it through a file manager or through the game?

You mentioned that you transferred your data to another version of Essentials.
What version were you using before and what version did you update to?
If you transferred any scripts at all, I suggest removing them - starting with scripts that involve save states.

Lastly, did you change any scripts on your own?
Note that a lot of code was changed from Essentials v.16 to v.17, and it may be possible that scripts and other bits of code will malfunction when transferred over.

I have only been using 17.2 so I haven't transferred anything, I was merely saying that I do not wish to start over again. I deleted my save file through the manager not through the game because it crashes before it even starts on the playtest. And when I go to try playing the game from the game file it crashes right after the splash screen. The only things I changes were some of the trainer names and added the pokemon follow script but the follow was nit the cause. It happened right after I was trying to get one of the trainers you battle to say something after the battle is over. Sorry for any confusion on saying I didn't want to start over

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 22, 2023
Remove the trainer(s) that you suspect to be the problem and see if that allows you into the game.
If so, we need to look at what is on each trainer event page. To speed this process up, please post a screenshot of how your trainer event pages are set up so we can attempt to troubleshoot those next time.

Last edited:
Back