• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PBS] Gen 7 PBS, Scripts, Graphics and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I tried to Install the ability battle bond, but appears a syntax error in PokeBattle_Battler...why?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I tried to Install the ability battle bond, but appears a syntax error in PokeBattle_Battler...why?

When did you get the error message and what did it look like? I don't think I've included the Ash-Greninja sprite, so if it was once Battle Bond triggered, that could be an explanation. Here are the Ash-Greninja sprites in case you did not already have these (I've updated the main file as well to include those):

Click here to download Ash-Greninja's sprites.

Years
When did you get the error message and what did it look like? I don't think I've included the Ash-Greninja sprite, so if it was once Battle Bond triggered, that could be an explanation. Here are the Ash-Greninja sprites in case you did not already have these (I've updated the main file as well to include those):

Click here to download Ash-Greninja's sprites.

Lacking a form sprite doesn't cause a game crash. If a form doesn't have a sprite, the game just uses the default sprite for the species. See Scatterbug and Spewpa.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Lacking a form sprite doesn't cause a game crash. If a form doesn't have a sprite, the game just uses the default sprite for the species. See Scatterbug and Spewpa.

I thought it did, but maybe that's just for icons, then. Regardless, included the sprites as they were missing from the pack while I did have them.

I don't know the error, so I can only assume.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I Submitted both icons and sprites ... the error is as follows (the number is the last line of the pokèbattle_battler)

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    48.1 KB · Views: 98
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I Submitted both icons and sprites ... the error is as follows (the number is the last line of the pokèbattle_battler)

Such errors typically occur whenever you're missing an "end". From what I can see in the code I provided, there aren't any "end"s missing. Have you followed the steps correctly and pasted where things should be pasted?

Perhaps you could try changing
Code:
          @effects[PBEffects::BattleBond]=1
to
Code:
          user.effects[PBEffects::BattleBond]=1

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
yes, i paste and change correctly, but nothing :(

I really don't know what else could be wrong. Could you send me screenshots of what Battle Bond looks like in your script? Private message, so we don't spam this thread. This is what Battle Bond should look like:
Code:
    # Arceus
    if isConst?(self.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE) &&
       isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:ARCEUS)
      if [email protected]
        [email protected]
        transformed=true
      end
    end
    # Zen Mode
    if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:DARMANITAN)
      if self.hasWorkingAbility(:ZENMODE) && @hp<=((@totalhp/2).floor)
        if self.form!=1
          self.form=1; transformed=true
        end
      else
        if self.form!=0
          self.form=0; transformed=true
        end
      end
    end
[COLOR="Red"]    # Greninja
    if isConst?(self.species,PBSpecies,:GRENINJA) && self.hasWorkingAbility(:BATTLEBOND)
      user=self
      if user.effects[PBEffects::BattleBond]==1 && self.form==0
        self.form=1; transformed=true
      end
    end[/COLOR]
Code:
    # Moxie
    if user.hasWorkingAbility(:MOXIE) && target.isFainted?
      if user.pbIncreaseStatWithCause(PBStats::ATTACK,1,user,PBAbilities.getName(user.ability))
        PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{user.pbThis}'s Moxie")
      end
    end
[COLOR="Red"]    # Battle Bond
    if isConst?(user.species,PBSpecies,:GRENINJA) && user.hasWorkingAbility(:BATTLEBOND)
      if target.isFainted? && !user.isFainted? && user.form==0
        [email protected](target.index)
        if party.length>1
          PBDebug.log("[Ability triggered] #{user.pbThis}'s Battle Bond")
          @effects[PBEffects::BattleBond]=1
        end
      end
    end[/COLOR]
Besides that, make sure you've defined the BattleBond effect appropriately.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 15, 2017
I was adding Laser Focus, but my game doesn't find def pbEffectsOnMoveEnd
I am using Essentials 16.2. How can I resolve?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
I was adding Laser Focus, but my game doesn't find def pbEffectsOnMoveEnd
I am using Essentials 16.2. How can I resolve?

I noticed this earlier today with something else, here is a quick tutorial that explains how to add it (I'll put it in the main pack and updates as well):

Spoiler:
This function is something Rot8er_ConeX made for two of his abilities, Emergency Exit and Wimpout, but I thought it came with essentials since I've had it for a very long time. My bad and credit for the creation of this function goes to him.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 26, 2020
Hello, I'm editing all the scripts and I'm having a problem with this part of RKS-System:

# Find this line:
if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE)
# And replace it with this:
if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE) || isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:RKSSYSTEM

Where I can not find the line above, could you tell me which script it is in?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hello, I'm editing all the scripts and I'm having a problem with this part of RKS-System:

# Find this line:
if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE)
# And replace it with this:
if isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:MULTITYPE) || isConst?(opponent.ability,PBAbilities,:RKSSYSTEM

Where I can not find the line above, could you tell me which script it is in?

That's most likely located in PokeBattle_MoveEffects, under "Soak". Ctrl + F for "Target becomes Water type. (Soak)".

I just realized how many instances I probably missed for adding in RKS-System under other moves, but you could always add those in yourself.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 10, 2017
Hello, I really wanted this package for my project, but when I click to download, the download simply does not recognize the file size and then it looks like it gave error.

If it is possible, could you send it on another site like mediafire or mega?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hello, I really wanted this package for my project, but when I click to download, the download simply does not recognize the file size and then it looks like it gave error.

If it is possible, could you send it on another site like mediafire or mega?

Could you please specify which one? And did you only press the link, nothing more or less?
Because for me, it's working perfectly fine.

I tried uploading it to Mediafire, but it's being a huge asshole so that's not going to work. It wants me to upload every single file individually.

Years
If I may make a small suggestion...it may be best to make the download smaller. You could upload each folder separately, such as placing music in one folder, and graphics in another. The file is pretty big. You don't have to, but a lot of people might appreciate it, if they can choose what they want to download, instead of having a huge chunk of stuff to download. I myself cannot download this pack.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
If I may make a small suggestion...it may be best to make the download smaller. You could upload each folder separately, such as placing music in one folder, and graphics in another. The file is pretty big. You don't have to, but a lot of people might appreciate it, if they can choose what they want to download, instead of having a huge chunk of stuff to download. I myself cannot download this pack.

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll chop the download tomorrow, the audio files are probably especially big. I'm also going to include some new audio, as in properly looped versions with .ogg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back