Boo.

Age 25
Male
That thar Kingdom. The United one.
Seen July 13th, 2018
Posted June 27th, 2018
702 posts
10.3 Years
Is it too late to reserve a spot? I would love to join, and can probably get an SU done in a couple of days, if not today. ^^
It definitely isn't too late, I'd be glad to have you on board!

Everyone else, I'm finally (the holidays are hard, wah) sitting down to give your sign-ups a proper readthrough and I'll edit into this post my response.

[...]
I love Tito. Accepted. (Your CSS background is super cool, too).

[...]
Varys – you’ve given me some good background for Thomas, but I’d like more on his personality. I don’t feel like I know what he’s like. Other than that, everything else is fine. I like that he’s a musician.

[...]
Oddball_. – I’m like most of Riley's SU here, but I’d like a bit more information on his family background. You’ve stated that his father is the Marquis of Avera, but Avera is a city. It would have a Count. Unless you mean Marquis of the land south of Avera? Just a little more expansion there before I accept.
Noble Magic
Courtly intrigue; may contain lightning bolts and necromancy.

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.

Age 20
Male
The Closet
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted May 17th, 2019
867 posts
5 Years
Updated the SU, with just a tiny bit more information. Misread what Marquis was, but not a problem should have fixed all that.

Friends for Infinity
Paired to GreyBidoof| Magical Senpai |

"I've learned to be wary of his suggestions... he's consumed my life."

art by the amazing Infinite

Daydream

Boo.

Age 25
Male
Seen July 13th, 2018
Posted June 27th, 2018
702 posts
10.3 Years
Updated the SU, with just a tiny bit more information. Misread what Marquis was, but not a problem should have fixed all that.
Lovely. Accepted. I'd suggest 'Marquis of Vinovia' if you want something that rolls off the tongue a bit more.
Noble Magic

Daydream

Boo.

Age 25
Male
Seen July 13th, 2018
Posted June 27th, 2018
702 posts
10.3 Years
Edited. As I said, I found it hard to write Thomas LOL
Accepted!

it's okay i'm just really picky and unfair

You've settled him nicely into Soldoro.
Noble Magic

Daydream

Boo.

Age 25
Male
Seen July 13th, 2018
Posted June 27th, 2018
702 posts
10.3 Years
Is this still accepting people? If so reserve me, please.
Yes, yes, still accepting, the more the merrier! We'll be getting going soon-ish, but there'll still be time for people to join after we've begun.
Noble Magic

jombii

Crobat is ProBat

Male
Philippines
Seen June 28th, 2019
Posted April 13th, 2019
3,414 posts
5.5 Years
Accepted!

it's okay i'm just really picky and unfair

You've settled him nicely into Soldoro.
I love how Soldoro rolls off the tongue quite nicely.

Retro Bug

Seen July 18th, 2016
Posted May 27th, 2016
1,176 posts
11.4 Years
Well, after a hiatus I'm glad there's a promising RP to join.

Let me know if anything needs changing, it's been awhile since I've done one of these.

Spoiler:

MAOLA

“It is not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive but those who can best manage change.”

DATE OF BIRTH: 1432
NOBLE FAMILY: Asdarini, daughter of Marquis Cassian Asdarini & Marquise Flos Asdarini.

MAGIC TYPE AND STYLE: Like most old noble families the Asdarinis pride themselves in their esteemed talent for their magic, in this case, Natural Magic. One cannot think of Natural Magic without the name ‘Asdarini’ popping up in their mind moments later. Like her mother, her mother’s mother, and all the ancestors before them Maola practices only the best form of magic. The Asdarini are known for their animalistic style of natural magic. Their gift shapes itself around the creatures of the world, namely shapeshifting.

It is said that one can tell a poorly practiced Natural Magic user by their inability to shift back, but this isn’t the case when it comes to the Asdarinis. It is a custom to embrace the animals they transformed themselves into and thus whenever one reaches adulthood they purposely fail to shift one part of themselves so they are always connected to nature. Though, it is of a lesser degree of skill the Asdarinis do practice their flora abilities. Notably, it is known never to get close to an Asdarini as their trademark is their ability to have flowers that release certain toxins and/or pheromones (that can leave the victim open to persuasion). Maola is a skilled mage having fine tuned all the well-known Asdarini expected Natural Magic skills.

NOBLE STATUS: When it comes to the first line of defense for the protection of Soldoro, that’s where the Asdarini family prevail. The war against the Vestian Empire allowed for them to showcase their strengths and, unfortunately, some of their weaknesses as well. Marquis Asdarini lost his life in the war leaving Marquise Asdarini as the sole ruler for many years now, having refused to (publicly) take another lover. Their participation on the war front, the sacrifices of many in their lands and the reputation of the noble family led to Marquise Asdarini to be seen as Countess Asdarini. Though, by all official means her title is still Marquise, but some say in private she is referred to as Countess. The Asdarinis have control over towns and villages that find themselves between Aztez and the border of Kingdom of Etnia. They are primarily known for their fisherman status, producing some of the largest and richest quantities of seafood and their stunning royal gardens.

APPEARANCE: Fierce, dark brown eyes that seem to be on the hunt for any quick movements are Maola’s trademark. Her smooth brown skin are shades lighter than her eyes, but her movements are just as agile. Tight curled hairs flow her from scalp, they bounce with every calculated step that she makes. For most occasions her hair remains down, as that is seen as a sign of beauty and the way most noblewomen wear their hair, its length ends on top of her bosoms. Sometimes braided into her hair are pink Bougainvillea, a flora symbol that represents the Asdarinis. The constant usages of dresses mask her warrior-trained body, and might leave an impression that causes enemies and friends alike to underestimate her. Jewels of great value, rubies, emeralds, and sapphires hang from her neck, wrists, and ears attached to gold structures. Maola could rival an average male’s height and weight, but more often than not she is usually the shorter of those (males) around her. The trait that signals her as an Asdarini or a Natural mage is her left arm that is that of a brown bear, which transfixes those who gaze upon it. Her overall appearance of femininity and grace is a weapon in Maola’s hand.

PERSONALITY AND BACKGROUND: Maola has spent her days under the tutelage of only the very best Nature mages that her mother and father hand chosen to teach her the craft. Her childhood wasn’t much different from her brothers, who were trained to be warriors. The days were longs and the nights were tough, but that’s what it meant to be an Asdarini, a quote her father rattled off every morning and every night until his death. Maola had twice the work of her brothers, they were simply trained as fighting machines, to be able to defend the nation of Soldoro even if it cost them their lives. While Maola was trained to the same, but to a lesser degree, her studies included Protocol, to teach her how to be a noblewoman. It was of great importance, Maola being the eldest daughter, to know how to navigate her way through the noble world.

Asdarinis are meant to be adaptable to whatever situation may be thrown their way, especially in public situations. For this reason, Maola sees everything as a game with pieces that can be shifted, added, removed, or randomized at a moments notice and those that cannot keep up, lose. Everything is separated and compartmentalized into boxes in Maola’s mind, though it can get quite confusing when something fits into more than one box. People, to Maola, are sorted by their usefulness, will they further her agenda or detract from it? Though, Maola isn’t one to discard pieces based on first glance, to her, everyone has a purpose no matter how minuscule.

Maola’s all about the big picture and for that picture to become crystal clear one needs information, knowledge, and power. Some might confuse knowledge for information and information for knowledge. Information is about getting an up-to-date constant stream of facts, truths, and lies, knowledge is retaining that information and formulating plans with it, and power is utilizing that knowledge as manipulative as you see fit. One might say that Maola has gotten caught up in her family’s reputation, and is what one would expect an Asdarini to be, and they’d be correct. Maola lacks friends, she has forgotten what it means to have fun and to be sporadic, as all her movements are coordinated and planned. To some she might seem a bit stiff, day-after-day repeating the same mannerisms and expressions. Maola isn’t a fool, she won’t throw away her life and the reputation of her family’s for fun and friends, her life is meant to be grander than what it is and one day it shall be.

After her father’s death, Maola was the least distraught of her family, as she had predicted it and allocated the proper amount of time to grieve. The war was harsh and the tragedies were harsher, to not expect the worse was a deliberate set up for disappointment. She picked up the slack that her family, more specifically her mother, slacked in, they were at war after all. When the war had been settled and the treaty then came the king’s decree and The Grand Tournament. Maola was picked over her brothers, they were designed for battle not to become heir of the King. It is here that Maola sees herself, in a prime position to gather a wealth of information, knowledge, and power and twist it to the Asdarini’s favor.

FAMILY BACKRGOUND: The Asdarinis have ruled over their march as Marquis/Marquise for many generations and many more to come. They’ve always (or so it is told) been a noble family, some claim that Asdarinis were some of the first to live in Soldoro. The Marquis and Marquise Asdarini have always itched for more power, it is common knowledge that if there’s any way for an Asdarini to achieve power they will do whatever it takes to do so. They’ve always been in the middle of whatever political power struggle may have been happening at the time. When it comes time they butter up to the rich or find themselves allied with the poor. Playing the middle ground is a tricky game, but the Asdarinis manage. It is foolish for people to avoid the Asdarini has they are known to have a vault of information at their tip of their tongues and it isn’t wise to upset them.

"I'm ready for a nap..."
[YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
Pokémon:

The Meta Journey

Estrello

Beyond The Stars

Male
England
Seen 17 Hours Ago
Posted 17 Hours Ago
738 posts
8.7 Years
All rise for the Honourable Seona

Name: Seona Carracci
"Her name pronounced Sea-own-ah"
"Mother. I think they know how to pronounce my bliming name!"
"My family want to marry me off to some snob to assure an heir."

"Why, can't you see she's a lady?"

Magic Type and Style: Natural Magic
They say weapons are useless with magic, however, Seona uses her magic in conjunction with her weapons. Firing spikey or adhesive arrows. Unlike some may think, being a caster of natural magic does not necessitate a worship of the world. Her family use their magic for utility, whereas Seona uses her magic to converse with animals, to take in the view, to make the world a livelier place. She is aprehensive as to doing transformation to animals due to her family having accidents with it, however useful it may be in warfare.

Noble Status: Heir Apparent to the family Count of Seritta
"If she is chosen to be the heir of king, her children will tie our houses together and our decendants shall rule the land of Soldoro."
"It is imperative that she marry immeditately."

Personality/Background: Like her hair, she is fiery, untraditional and bouncy. She hates to conform and is often forced to do so, if she is forced to court and topic she feels strongly about comes up, she will bring some much needed fire and vigour to the court. She is cheerful and enjoys the view that Soldoro gives. Growing up around the Seritta wood farm she learned to climb quite quickly. She causes lots of trouble with ettiquette and court, her mother wants to make her a perfect princess material and she is adamant to the contrary. She likes to be free and able to explore with the curious soul she is.

Being so impetuous and brave she is quick to defy norms. She does not care for Classes, a trait that has got her in heaps of trouble before, her family having to do PR control with the other nobles.

When she was a wee lass, her father gave her a bow much to her mother's dismay. Her mother has spent years trying to turn her in to the perfect princess. She doesn't listen much to her mother. Untill her mother set out on a campaign to get her betrothed, this is one tradition she cannae avoid.

Family Background: Like all of the cities of Solodoro, Seritta lies on the banks of a river. On the other side of Seritta, is a forest that is as old as the Carraci family. While you could say the name of Carraci came about as noveau riche, but the story is a bit more complicated than that.

Four hundred years ago, Felice Carraci planted a lumber farm and started a lumber mill, making large amounts of money of this industry. Felice rose to the higher echelons of society, eventually taking the hand of a fair maiden. It had happened that Catrina Thonne was the only heir to a family of Thonnes who were noble by birth. The Thonne Clan, aeons ago, had hailed from the far north and invaded and conquered a coastal noble family, over time, this bigger-army-diplomacy cemented their place in the annals of the nobility. Although this was not major news since it was only a sea town and so they encountered little resistence.

As their heritage from the great north asserted, they had to keep traces of their pride. Eventually, this alien people assimilated in to the culture and were no longer frowned upon. Catrina needed to carry on her lineage, in true northern fashion, it was unpalletable for a woman to take the throne. With Felice being available and being a native to Soldoro and a rich man, it worked well. By this time the Thonnes owed half of Seritta.

The name of Thonne dissappeared with the marriage, Carraci became the name. As time marched on, the farm grew from a plantation to a woodland to a jungle. Still bearing the name of it's conception, 'Carraci Mill' the lumber was being exported to other countries as well as Soldoro. The name of Caracci took over Seritta and has rulled over since. Now, there is Count Mervali and Countessa Velatessa and their daughter Seona. While the incumbants have to make sure Seona doesn't damage relations being so troublesome, Seona is fighting to be free.

Scottish Clan Music by Derek and Brandon Fiechter

I am the player of José "Anima" Dartmoor of Gunpowder Roleplay : : : Sign Up Post | Gunpowder

Oddball_

Magical Senpai and god of the closet.

Age 20
Male
The Closet
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted May 17th, 2019
867 posts
5 Years
Updated the appearance of Riley so that I could work a more accurate picture of him into my CSS. Shouldn't be any problems, I kept with the theme but if there is an issue let me know and I will fix it! x3

Friends for Infinity
Paired to GreyBidoof| Magical Senpai |

"I've learned to be wary of his suggestions... he's consumed my life."

art by the amazing Infinite

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer

Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted June 24th, 2018
983 posts
10.6 Years
I saw that you had said "the more, the merrier", so I figured there wouldn't be too much harm in writing up this SU. The RP looks absolutely fantastic and I would love to be a part of it. Hit me up if you would like anything changed or fixed.

Marjorie Venilia-Viggo
The Stormbringer

"The heir must find themselves with skill, strength, and elegance. This is something many of you lack. I could've mistaken you all for buffoons."

20 // Female

Magic Type and Style: When one thinks of the Viggo family, rage and violence are some popular terms that often come to mind. This is commonly due to the family’s large use of elemental magics in the war, particularly that of lightning magic. Often times, the Viggo family is referred to as the “Stormbringers”. This proves to be true for many Viggos, but none more than Marjorie Viggo.

Marjorie has been named a prodigy within the family due to her particular strength in the styles of lightning and water magics. Having been trained by her parents, each a master of their respective element in their own right, Marjorie is capable of using both magics to a very high degree. This is especially evident when she uses these abilities in conjunction to create storms on a very small and localized scale. Many predict her skills in this form of magic to increase over time, especially as she has planned on adding what little skill in wind magic that she has.

Noble Status: Though maybe not one of the oldest noble families in Soldoro, the Viggos are maybe some of the most respected. The newest head of the family, Marquis Arthur Viggo, gained control of the Viggo border land in the midst of the war after the death of his father at the hand of the Vestian Empire. The family suffered many losses as their domain exists just southeast of the city of Avera, where they control a March on the border of the Kingdom of Soldoro and the Vestian Empire. The March is well-known for its textile and clothing industry, often thought of as even rivaling the nearby city of Avera.

Appearance: When one looks upon Marjorie, they see exactly what is expected of the daughter of a Marquis. Marjorie makes the most of her 5'8'' height by standing with clean elegance and confidence, worthy of her position. She is known to take pride in her long, stormy grey hair, often stylizing it in ways that go with the situation at hand. No matter the style, her hair compliments her dark-blue eyes and fair skin well. Being south of Avera, Marjorie has access to some of the best fabrics and clothing in Soldaro and her wardrobe proves such. Most of the time, you are more than likely to find Marjorie's lithe body in an elegant dress. However, that does not mean she isn't one to put on a combat outfit when needed. Many cannot tell which style of outfit fits her character the most.

Personality and Background: Born as the third child of a to-be marquis, Marjorie was hailed as a prodigy from a young age. Her parents chose to teach her themselves whenever they had the chance, hoping to instill whatever knowledge they deemed to be necessary for her or them in the future. They chose to drill into her that nothing less than perfection was acceptable and she chose to never settle for anything less. Nonetheless, she found her harshest teacher to be her father. As brutal as the lightning magic that he taught was, Arthur proved to be much worse.

Since Marjorie was young, Arthur wanted her to know that any sign of emotion--unless it served a purpose--showed weakness. If she ever had a reason to cry, she was reprimanded. If she ever failed in her training, she was reprimanded. Even when her grandfather died on the battlefield, she was told to keep her emotions in check. His death meant he was weak. She was not allowed to lose her composure at any point in time. This led to a very distinct lack of empathy within the young child. When the war moved on to a point where both her brothers had lost their lives, she didn’t let a single tear be shed.

As such, she eventually grew up with seemingly complete control over emotion, something that helped her quite a bit when training both her magics and political skills. This self-control allowed her to lie with a straight face and the ability to manipulate others to a degree. This self-control also helps her in reacting to a situation at a moment’s notice, even when it is possibly life-threatening.

After the war was over, her training continued, pushing her skills in her water and lightning magics to the most that they could be at the time. Often enough, she showed a need for admiration from her parents. No matter what happened, they were some of her only role models and she made it her goal to emulate them. This led to a somewhat cruel personality. With her parent now being a marquis and marquise, it wasn't hard for them to get what they wanted. She often imposed her little authority whenever she could growing up, whether it be on her few friends or her families servants. In a way, it culminated in sadistic hostility that she actually took mild pleasure in.

Nonetheless, Marjorie did have some insecurities that she held on to (though, obviously not by choice). For the most part, she was socially inept in situations outside of politics, often coming off as too eager or even intimidating when talking to new people, whether it be other women or potential suitors.

When news of the King's decree made it to their March, Marjorie's parents were quite eager at sending their daughter to Avilla. With Marjorie as the heir of the king, their power would grow substantially. Marjorie, on the other hand, saw this as a time to test out her skills. She was most interested in The Grand Tournament, only considering her possible new position after much thought into what it meant. As heir to the throne, and quite eventually, queen, she would be able to surpass her parents. Their would be no more need to emulate what was less than her.

Family Background: Over the last six generations, the Viggo family has ruled the March southeast of Avera with great pride, particularly over the last ten years. Of all of the families who participated in the recent war, the Viggos are some of the most well known participants. Being on the front lines against the attacking nation of the Vestian Empire made them the first line of defense and they proved themselves capable of doing such at task. True to their nickname, the Viggos raised a storm upon the battlefield albeit with many losses to their citizens and the family itself.

Having recently switched hands after the death of Arthur Viggo I during the war, the Viggo clan has come to be respected for many reasons. The current rulers of the March, Marquis Arthur Viggo II and his wife, the Marquise Cecily Viggo, have proven to be quite the formidable duo in Soldoro. They have both shown to hold great skill and power on their respective battlefields. The Marquis has proven to hold himself quite well in the midst of war, both for his strength, but also his will to finish what needs to be done. The Marquise is not too different in this respect, though, she is known best for her role in politics. They have garnered the respect of not only their own citizens, but of the surrounding nobles as well. The chance of having their daughter taken as heir to the throne has sparked a great interest in them. What could possibly happen if the Viggo's came into control of the Soldoro Kingdom?
// Bae'd to Kikpanther //

Myriad

Formerly Lawlietta.

My room.
Seen September 24th, 2016
Posted June 21st, 2016
231 posts
4.6 Years

Alessandra Contarini

Female // 16

Noble Status:
Youngest child of the Count and Contessa of Omercia

Magic Type and Style: Life Magic, with a focus on glamours and bending perception.

Alessandra is the only member of her family with Life Magic, probably inherited from a distant relative, or perhaps her long-deceased grandmother. Either way, there is no one in the family (who are almost exclusively Nature mages) to recognise or help develop Alessandra’s talents, leaving her to experiment by herself and develop her own unconventional magical techniques.

Alessandra’s style of magic is much attuned to affecting her opponent’s psyche as opposed to inflicting physical damage. By making eye contact with her opponent, she can easily skew their perception of the objects around them, creating fear and panic. Slight changes in the surroundings, particularly the person’s impression of Alessandra herself, are easy to manipulate, but the more Alessandra changes the person’s vision, the more of a strain it puts on her. She can also physically change her appearance, either as a disguise or to blend in with her surroundings.

Although physically altering her opponent is something Alessandra finds incredibly challenging, she can, in some cases, achieve it. If she has prolonged eye contact with someone, she can force them to carry out actions against their will. This will only last as long as the eye contact continues. Once it is broken, she no longer has control over the victim.

Appearance: Alessandra has inherited her father’s high forehead and blue eyes, and her mother’s auburn locks. Albeit not particularly grand in stature at a height of 5'5, she holds herself well and walks in a confident and elegant manner. She favours clothes that complement her, mostly tasteful dresses in shades of blue and green. One could easily see that Alessandra has been born and bred a lady just by looking at her.

Personality/Background: As one who has grown up teaching herself, Alessandra has accumulated not only a number of unique magical techniques, but also a great deal of pride. She has a strong desire to be acknowledged by her family, and to be seen as great. This ambition has sparked a powerful and seemingly unfaltering determination, as well as a lack of tolerance for weakness or failure. Sharp-tongued and fiercely independent, Alessandra despises having to rely on others, particularly those she has labelled ‘weak’ in her mind. For this reason, it is unsurprising that Alessandra does not have many friends, particularly amongst the lesser nobility, where she is generally seen as pretentious and conceited.

Alessandra grew up largely alienated from people in a house where the only people she could form a connection with were her siblings. Having said that, most of her siblings were not only much older than her, but also generally unpleasant people, particularly her eldest sister. The only person she really had a connection with was her brother Nolan, who was close enough to her in age to make a good playmate, and shared many of the same interests as her in childhood.

Family Background: Omercia, long known as the wild west of Soldoro, has been home to two old families in a blood feud over its control. The Contarini family, a decade ago owning only the run-down farms and a section of forest on the outskirts of Omercia, took over when Pablo, Alessandra's grandfather, finally passed away and allowed her father, a sly strategist, to take his place. Now the Contarini family own almost all of Omercia, but still occasionally experience difficulty in maintaining the allegiance of their underlings, as some still feel loyal to the Morosini family. This has created a deep sense of insecurity in the parents, Luciano and Cinzia, leading them to spend all their time and energy consolidating their power inside the city and around its outskirts, overseeing the lumber business and visiting the surrounding nobility to assert their status within their rings. This gaining of political power has, however, cost them time; and their children, including Alessandra, have grown up lacking parental love.

CSS credits to STARDU5T

However elusive it may be, a silver lining can always be found-
In the holes in the fabric of the sky,
The rippling sliver of moon in water,
The distant glint of city lights-
And in the twinkle in your eyes.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure

Female
Louisiana
Seen June 26th, 2018
Posted June 24th, 2018
671 posts
10.7 Years
I'm just posting to say I have an SU on the way! :)

E: SU is here!

Spoiler:

"A man without a woman is like a sheep without a shepherd. An aimless wanderer burdened by its own wool."

Cassidy Damontefeltro

21 | Male | Natural Magic | Eldest Child of the Baron of An'Yisse

Background

Baron Sylvestre and Baroness Olyvia make their home on An’Yisse, the island of the coast of Avilla just as their family has done for generations. They make their home in the center of An’Yisse “where [their] rule can be most equal.” And equal rule they achieved. From the bottom of the island to its very tips, the Baron and Baroness were able to tend to the needs of their people. That is something that their citizens are truly grateful for as the Damontefeltro family is responsible for keeping the land fertile. Before the family set foot on the island, the land was bare or, in other places, unfit for growing crops. As Natural Mages, the Damontefeltro family were the perfect people to make the land fertile again. Over a series of years the family traveled across An’Yisse and brought fertility back to the land. As they expanded so did the people who lived there. Originally, the inhabitants of the island were few people who suffered in poverty, hardly able to eat the morsels they could grow or feed whatever animal they were lucky enough to own. As the lands were healed the people became more prosperous, as they became more prosperous the more they spread out, and the more people came in to fill in the spaces. Soon enough the island was as rich in citizens as it was in life. This is the history of the Damontefeltro family which Cassidy heard over and over from his parents.

The Damontefeltro family hold onto core values. Tend to the land. That is one of the most important rules. Tend to the land. Cassidy didn't take too kindly to this rule as a boy. He was meant to be a noble! Not a glorified farmer. Practicing his magic skill as a child involved a lot of pots full of dirt and trying to make something sprout from it. With magic at their disposal one wouldn't expect how much non-magical knowledge he needed to know. Soon after he was able to use magic his parents had him on course to become an expert botanist. The process took a lot of failures, a lot of rotten plants, a lot of tantrums, a lot of trying again, and a lot of refusing to tend the land. Cassidy was learning how to use his magic well enough, but he was lacking when it came to adhering to the values of the Damontefeltro. Tending to the land.

Cassidy was notorious for ignoring his duties in favor of sneaking off with girls or gallivanting around with his friends. His work shirking was getting out of hand and his parents could see that the boy wouldn’t improve on his own. To drill the lesson into his young mind, Cassidy’s parents sent him from the house to work the land. There were times when the family would leave the house and help out the locals for a few days, but this time was different. Instead of going with his parents he would go only with escorts out into a farm far from their home. The farm Cassidy was sent to was arranged to have some of the most infertile soil that his parents could find. Not exactly as the land had been before the Damontefeltro’s arrived, but close to it. The deal was simple. Cassidy would live with these farmers until they could produce a fertile crop to sell in the summer. This challenge would ultimately force Cassidy to tend the land as he was supposed to. It would be impossible for the group to achieve their goal if Cassidy didn’t help them with his magic and collaborate their knowledge. The soil was only good enough to sustain them with some food they could grow on their own, but in time that would diminish too. There were worries from both parents, but at the same time there was confidence in success. Beginning in the winter, it wasn’t until the second summer that Cassidy was allowed back home.

After that experience, Cassidy could be counted on to tend the land. He looks forward to it now, actually. He adores the traveling and he loves even more meeting new faces and catching up with old ones. This is also the time that he catches up on the news of the town. Better known to his parents as gossip. But what did it matter what it was called? Cassidy couldn't help but be in the know. He is always willing to hear the gory details of whatever was going on around town or in the lives of those he knows. He is especially willing to hear the talk of the other nobles whenever he could. He can always be counted on as a listening ear for any problem under the sun. Cassidy, however--and to the delight of his parents--, does not feel the need to share as much. But why talk about himself when he is so interested in others? His interest in others and helping others comes from another value of the Damontefeltro’s: Equality of care.

With that value in mind, the Damontefeltro’s watchful eye would reach every inch of the island. Of course they couldn’t do it all in one day. The family splits their year into pieces so they can visit the villages of their island as efficiently as possible. Four times a year the family will travel to a section of their land to assist the people there. By the time they reach all of the sections of the island, it will have been about two years since the last visit to the first village. It is after they’ve reached the last section that their visits would restart for the next year. The family works by either helping the with the health of local farms, the needs of the people, or any issues political or financial that needed to be worked out. It helped keep the island well-policed and the needs of the people well noted. In times of great urgency trips would be postponed or the duties of meeting each village would be split upon the main family. No matter what, though, the four visits would be fulfilled.

In order to assist their people, Cassidy had become accustomed to the managerial side to nobility. He learned to negotiate, to manage the finances of their home, and how to keep track of the politics in and outside of their island. All of it was essential for the prosperity of their home and Cassidy found that he didn't mind this part of the job. Sure, there could be a lot less paperwork than he had to deal with, but he enjoyed talking to the locals or any other nobles that lived on their land. Talking, as it turned out, became one of Cassidy's strong suites and came as no surprise to his parents. Cassidy had always been willing to talk to others in the past, even if he had little experience in the subject at hand. Now as an older man he is experienced in working the room. He does so well that it’s unusual to see him talking with one or two people rather than a whole group. It is even more unusual to not have talked to someone at all. Cassidy knows how to make his way around the room and it isn’t easy to hide from him. If someone hasn’t been approached by Cassidy at some point in the night then there is a big problem.

This love for conversation extends to non-human companions as well. Cassidy doesn't roam through the forests talking to all creatures in nature, though. This is in part thanks to another one of the Damontefeltro family’s other value. If they must be healers and nurturers of the land, then they couldn't neglect the lives of the animals around them. They lived off of the same resources as their human counterparts and it would be disrespectful to treat them carelessly. In Damontefeltro households it is custom for each member to have an animal companion with them. The companion must be born the same moment as the noble child or the same hour at the very latest. Though decades of research has been put towards correctly predicting the moment of an infant’s birth, the results are not perfect. The vast majority of predictions are correct but every now and then there is a miscalculation and a Damontefeltro child is born without a companion. Luckily this was not the case for Cassidy. Born at the same moment as Cassidy was Kye a powerful kite that has been as close to him as any sibling. By creating a familial bond, Cassidy is connected to human and animal realms. Since they are so close, Cassidy and Kye are exposed to the affairs of both worlds. In the end, Cassidy will have to respond to the needs of his people and the needs of the animals of An’Yisse as well. The unique situation can be hard to juggle at times, but it teaches the Damontefeltro that they must respect all of their neighbors, human or otherwise. This way the use of one’s power to control animals is not abused in any way. This respect for animals is also extended in their diet. While the Damontefeltro aren’t vegetarians, eating meat is not all that common. Livestock are not often seen on the farms of An’Yisse, but for those who do have them they must follow a strict rule. Animals who are killed on the island must be used in their entirety. Whether it is meat, feathers, flesh, or bone every part of the animal must be used if it can be used at all. Failure to do so is punishable.

As Cassidy grew up, his bond with Kye grew also. They grow as family, friends, and partners. Besides living, eating, and sleeping togehter, a Damontefeltro and their companion must train together. Training is certainly the most intense of the activities. While the Damontefeltro are known for their desire for peace and compromise this does not mean they are unprepared for battle. They aren't considered an elite force, but the members of the Damontefeltro family learn to hold their own in battle, whether they must take the offensive or not. The fighting techniques of the Damontefeltro takes advantage of their plant-based magic rather than animal-based. Since their home focuses so much on agriculture, the use of accelerated plant growth and manipulation is a key part of their fighting tactic. The technique specializes in fighting opponents from a distance rather than up close. For close combat, the Damontefeltro use weaponry such as swords if they are able and if they cannot, then their powers of transformation for hand-to-hand combat. The use of transformation magic is not as well practiced, however, and is traditionally taught to be used for self-defense or escape rather than offensive means. Defensive techniques, while adapted for common situations, mostly take inspiration from existing defensive techniques in the animal kingdom. It could be argued that the prioritization of plant-based magic versus transformation is foolish. It is, however, not seen that way in the Damontefeltro household. The use of violence is thought of something forced upon them rather than something they willingly participate in. Combat is taught to be a task or a chore, nothing to be enjoyed. To properly do battle a Damontefeltro must be able to detach themselves from the duty. Since their plant-based magic is used for more than just fighting it is more easier to do this. However, transformation magic has no other use than attack. These methods are considered passionate and deliberate methods of violence if done outside of self-defense. These actions are greatly frowned upon and extremely discouraged within the Damontefeltro family. Similar can be said for controlling animals to do battle. The practice is approved only in situations where it must be used (such as an invasion) or the use of the magic would not be a violation of an animal’s autonomy. Discouraged does not mean unused, though. When fighting in their home, the Damontefeltro are well-versed in how to utilize the thick forests that can be found on An’Yisse. The majority of their practice takes place outside, of course, and the forestry is very much their element. They practice stealth and the art of using the very forest against their opponent, whether that be through manipulating the trees or stalking their target with the animals that live there.

As a Damontefeltro, Cassidy has much promise. In time he will inherit control of the head of the household and as such the values and ideals of the Damontefeltro lie heavily with him. However, Cassidy is not a perfect child. Ever since he was able to recognize the body of a woman he has chased them. Whether they be noble, servant, or peasant he will be unfailing in using flirtation and charm to woo the women around him. Obviously, this is not good. A much unspoken rule of the Damontefeltro is to keep their matters private and it is not easy to prevent a scandal when your son has to be constantly put on a leash. Before going to the King’s court, Cassidy’s parents warned him to keep control of himself. This competition was no place to confirm the rumors over his head now. But how confident can they be when Cassidy believes the behavior “can’t be helped”.

Family

Main Household
Baron Sylvestre Damontefeoltro
Baroness Olyvia Damontefeltro
Cassidy Damontefeltro
Lya Damontefeltro
Daryan Damontefeltro

The title of Baron has been with the Damontefeltro family for more than a century after pledging their loyalty to the monarchy. The family eventually settled on An’Yisse, a barren island, before cultivating it into the civilization it is today. As it was built for agriculture, the island is full of rich acreage to cultivate. While it wouldn't be considered a crowded place, An’Yisse has its fair share of citizens, the majority of which are farmers. Being one of the most fertile lands in all of Soldaro it attracts many new residents who seek prosperity. However, that doesn’t mean the island is open to just anyone. The Damontefeltro are selective about those who enter the An’Yisse seeking permanent residence in order to prevent overcrowding and better ensure the peace of the island.

Baron Sylvestre and Baroness Olyvia make up the heads of the main household on An’Yisse which is located on the center of the island. Control for the parts of An’Yisse that the main household did not touch were distributed amongst family members of lower noble rank. An’Yisse is split into sections dictated by the borders of these claims, all of which are secured under contracts established by the main house. Favor of the Damontefeltro’s depends entirely upon who has control over which part of the island. Generally, though, the Damontefeltro’s have positive reception with the main family being the most popular and most adored. This is especially true in areas where the nobles are not particularly liked.

The Damontefeltro’s are known for their advocacy for peace and compromise when called on, however, they mostly keep to themselves. They are also known for their respectful nature and good behavior. Dirty laundry is so rarely associated with the family that it is almost unheard of. The Damontefeltro family is almost purely made up of Natural Mages with only the Natural Mages holding power on the island. Since they use their powers for agriculture rather than combat and focus on peace, the Damontefeltro have no army at their disposal. If the situation is urgent enough to call for their assistance (the war, for example) they call for volunteers within An’Yisse to join into another army. The Damontefeltro’s main contribution to Soldaro and to the war is in the form of food and supplies. An’Yisse is one of the largest producers of resources made from plants (food or otherwise) and also produce a fair amount of products from animals. They are also distributors of exotic species or carefully modified strains of plant. Whether it be healthier crops or more poisonous plants, it can either be found or produced in An’Yisse. This production increased during the war.

Combat

Magic is mostly used for agriculture, but can be adapted for combat using accelerated growth and plant manipulation in conjunction with a weapon if needed. Cassidy is skilled at full transformations and proficient at partial ones. When it comes to animals, however, his strength is in control rather than shapeshifting.

Anya Odile // Bae'd to Quest // The Frozen Gate
Advertiser Content