• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your interest level in Pokemon right now

Years
How interested are you in the Pokemon franchise? Do you just enjoy it on a casual level? Do you see yourself being a lifelong fan? Or perhaps do you feel the love you once had wane over the years? I'm curious to know!

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
How interested are you in the Pokemon franchise? Do you just enjoy it on a casual level? Do you see yourself being a lifelong fan? Or perhaps do you feel the love you once had wane over the years? I'm curious to know!

Not much. I still like it but not as much as I used too.

I still feel like the franchise would be better if there was a crossover between Pokémon and digimon

Years
I haven't kept up to date with Pokemon or played / watched as much as I would have liked over the last few years but that is for reasons outside my control. Life sucks sometimes. My interest is as strong as ever though and this year I intend to catch up properly with all I have missed.

The best thing about Pokemon is the sheer amount of games I have enjoyed throughout the series. Even if they never made another game I liked, I could still play the old ones and not get bored.

And it's not just the games, it's everything. If I walk into a shop and see a cute Pokemon bag or T-shirt or whatever then there's a good chance I'm going to squee like a little girl. Then probably buy it ;)

I love Pokemon and it still makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside after all these years, it is a part of me and will be till the day I die.

So yeah, I still like it ;)

pkmin3033

I'm like a dog with a bone when it comes to this franchise...a mangled, rotting bone that I've had for over 20 years now that I should really let go of but just can't bring myself to because it's my bone and I want it damnit.

I haven't been interested in Pokemon since Generation IV, because that was the last time the games were any good. I loathed Gen V, was indifferent to Gen VI, despised Gen VII, and LGPE didn't do anything special for me; it was Kanto *again* with awful motion controls and 90% of the gameplay stripped away. I have no faith that Game Freak will be able to revive my interest in the franchise with the next generation. But I am probably still going to buy the games, put about 50 hours into them, then spend the next couple of years complaining about them.

I'm a lifelong something or other, I suspect. Some things you just grow up with and they stick with you. Like that one plush toy you've had since you were three but can't throw away for sentimental reasons...I have one of those, too. Sigh.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i'll always love pokemon but the actual interest varies tremendously. one day i'll want to dump 50 hours into another play through and then for the next few years not touch any games or anything. though throughout generation VII i can say my interest was definitely lower than the past generations because in the end i didn't really like this generation compared to the last generations imo.

Years
I feel like Tara essentially summed up my own feelings as well.

No matter what, I'll always love Pokemon, but sometimes I end up questioning how much. Like, I don't watch the anime, I haven't played a Pokemon game in the past few months, and I don't collect the TCG or anything. I'm only really interested in talking about Pokemon and playing the games.

I guess I'll always love the games, as flawed as they are. There's that much, at least.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2022
I play Pokemon games all the time but also hate them due to them nickle and diming me. Its complicated.

Years
I love Pokemon, I don't collect cards or toys anymore. I play the games (GO included) & I love having discussions with trainers young & old

Years
I will always be a fan of Pokémon no matter what. This franchise has just given me too much enjoyment for me not always have an interest in it. The good times were so good and I will cherish them forever.

Presently my interest level is pretty low. I was very upset with the direction of Gen VII, the constant Kanto promotion while leaving other generations in the dust after they've "had their turn", whatever LGPE was about. It's been disappointment after disappointment and I can't see it getting an overhaul of direction anytime soon. I would love to be proven wrong though!

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
My interest still exists. I have a playthrough of Pokemon White, and Let's Go Pikachu currently. Although I seldom play the latter.

I occasionally go on Showdown, but it's mostly to play Random Battles.

Still, I don't watch the Anime. I've been meaning to, since it's been years. There's just too much to catch up on.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'll be a lifelong fan. Been one for some 20 years now :) But aside from leading a fansite lol, I don't have many pokemon related activities in my life.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
barely enough to do a single playthrough of ultramoon. no desire to catch the missing mons that I need. Absolutely zero interest in lets go or any title with go in its name.

Years
My interest level in the franchise has been slightly waning for some time now. Game Freak has disappointed me, as they've drained the series of any substance in recent years. I currently feel like pokemon is a watered-down version of what it once was. With that being said, pokemon will always have a special place in my heart. I've been a fan of pokemon since I was in kindergarten and the series has played such a huge role in my life growing up. My love for pokemon will never wane, even if my interest does.

Last edited:
Years
one hundred percent a lifelong fan. pokemon has been a part of my life ever since i was a little kid. but tbh my interest has fluctuated during 2016 to 2017. its a bit interesting now but not as interesting as it was back in Platinum - XY years. very excited for gen 8. let's go, i feel like, is a test field for gamefreak and im looking forward to seeing the results!

Years
Right now Pokémon is probably the last thing I think about. I've lost interest in TCG and anime long time ago and any attempt to get back to them were in vain. I really hate what direction games went since SM and with all new games being released only on Switch I don't think I'll play them in the near future (if ever). I can still replay old games, but it won't be entertaining forever. I replay them often and do challenges on them. This year I went from maximal to minimal enjoyment in few months so I don't think it will take long before I stop playing them altogether.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I'm kinda unsure where I stand right now. But I still really love Korrina though so hopefully i'm still having a general good time with pokemon stuff xD

Its just lately i've been feeling a bit autistic over pokemon stuff cuz its been hard to start white 2 for me O.o even if it shouldn't be (i've been taking supliments and stuff to help calm my nerves about it. they seem like they MIGHT be working now :3)

I hope i get to enjoy pokemon a lot this year. I have a feeling i should stop getting pokemon games over the holidays for awhile, though o_o; it stinks starting a new year worried about 'starting a file wrong' and stuff....(at least i have a lot of pokemon games i can just keep enjoying in general now anyways xD; )

Years
  • Age 23
  • Asia
  • Seen Nov 21, 2019
It's not as much as it was used to be before, but it's still my favorite video game franchise of all time. Let's Go games were disappointment, but i hope it will change after 2019 games!

nuuk

gsc spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
Spoiler:

pretty much my thoughts exactly, though i really enjoyed gen 6. pokemon as a whole lately has been rather disappointing but i doubt i'll really ever be able to pull myself away entirely. i didn't buy lgpe, but i am still playing pogo daily and i'll most likely buy gen 8.

if GF begins making products more geared towards their literal life long fans, it may respark my interest. but i have my doubts that will actually happen.

Years
Like all of my obsessions, my enthusiasm for Pokémon is subject to flux. I'll rebound, I'm sure, but right now I'm not exactly wriggling joyfully in my seat like I am for my other passions.

Maybe when Gen 8 rears it's head, it'll fan the spark. But it'll always be a very precious franchise for me and I'll never forget the good times it has graced me with.

... oh lord, I just got that brain-snap thing and now I am bloody obsessed again. Venonat! Fuck yeah!

Back