• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Team

G00mbaGamer

Gotta Catch 'Em All
Years
I am getting Pokemon Platinum very soon and I want to make a team for casual playthrough and as such I won't focus too much on items and IVs/EVs or moves. Is this a good team?

Empoleon
Rotom (Oven Form)
Giratina
Blissey
Toxicroak
Magnezone

If you have any suggestions for pokemon switches let me know and i am going to say this again: I want to make a team for casual playthrough and as such I won't focus too much on items and IVs/EVs or moves.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Are you going to be trading any of these pokémon into the game?

Otherwise, the only one of your team you'll have until after you defeat the 2nd gym is your Piplup, then you'll be able to get Rotom. Chansey are incredibly rare, Giratina isn't available until after the 7th gym, Croagunk isn't available until you have at least 4 badges (And then you'd have to double back a decent bit to get it), and Magnemite isn't available until you get 5 badges. Type-wise you'll get shafted by the ground-type Elite Four member - three of your pokémon are weak to ground-type moves, and the two with levitate don't learn much to hit them with. But if you just grind a little you can win with anything.

So yeah, my main issue with your team is I think you might struggle a little early on with not having enough pokémon.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Magnezone shares its Electric type with Rotom, and its Steel type with Empoleon. I'd recommend switching out Magnezone for something like Roserade.

Also, if you have no problem using temporary team members, you should consider using the Starly line until you can obtain Giratina.

G00mbaGamer

Gotta Catch 'Em All
Years
Amore to answer your question no I will not be trading anything and FeraligatrMaster I have no problem using temporary team members so thank you for the tips about Roserade and Starly line.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Whoa, I forgot I could get Rotom! Here I've been struggling through 5 gyms and wishing I'd meet a good electric type soon. Where is Rotom again... I'll google it.

Back