• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Looking for a rom with high leveled content

Hi,

im looking for a rom hack that offers challenge, and let us level our team at a high level before beginning the end content

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Hi guys, i didn't know where to exactly post this, so i am posting this here, hope the admin understands. I have been away from this forum for a year as i was busy with exams and stuff, i really want to get back to playing a hack. I checked out few hacks i am not sure which i should choose, is there a thread which has like a poll of all the hacks?

This is what i am looking at.
1. Must be fire red/leaf green/ ruby/ sapphire/ emerald hack.
2. New moves because i have played the official games/ hacks many times before and none of them had the new moves from gen 5 and above.
3. Pokemon from gen 5 and above
4. Mega evolutions.
5. Preferably a long game with many pokemon old and new.

I did check out few hacks here like Gaia which has great reviews but seems to be not not complete yet. The others like mega power have good storylines but no new moves etc and bugs. So can someone assist me with few hacks which check all the above criteria mentioned so i ca play them? Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hi guys, i didn't know where to exactly post this, so i am posting this here, hope the admin understands. I have been away from this forum for a year as i was busy with exams and stuff, i really want to get back to playing a hack. I checked out few hacks i am not sure which i should choose, is there a thread which has like a poll of all the hacks?

2. New moves because i have played the official games/ hacks many times before and none of them had the new moves from gen 5 and above.
4. Mega evolutions.

I did check out few hacks here like Gaia which has great reviews but seems to be not not complete yet. The others like mega power have good storylines but no new moves etc and bugs. So can someone assist me with few hacks which check all the above criteria mentioned so i ca play them? Thanks in advance.

I moved this to the appropriate thread, read the previous posts! I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019
Thank you so much. I'll look for it surely.

Hope someone can help me find what i am looking for here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hey, I´ve played plenty of hacks (or started and hated them too much to keep going) and let´s just say, I expect a lot from ROM hacks. So here´s what I´m looking for:

- Should be a hack of Ruby/Saphire/Emerald
- MUST have an original story (I don´t wanna replay Emerald, really)
- A good experience curve, please. Having to grind for hours or one-shotting all gyms at the first try is just ridiculous.
- preferably plenty of Gen4 Pokemon
- NO Fakemon. None. 0.
- NO Mega Evolutions unless it´s done like in the real games
- MUST have the physical/special split

I hope someone can help me out with that. It´s really hard to find hacks that fit all of those criteria...
(Yes, I have played Light Platinum, and I do play Glazed atm, but Glazed is almost too hard for my taste already)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2019

4. Mega evolutions.

Do you people read this thread? I am confused. All i see here are "wants" and no recommendations. Kindly help!:15:

Years
So rummaging through my folders and my backups and I found a lost VBA folder of mine... With some interesting hacks that I can't locate for the most part (and one that seems to be completely deadlinked for downloads).

But I'd definitely suggest the Touhoumon's, Moemon's, Johto Adventures, Rijion Adventures & the Ruby Destiny's. Also an FYI I still have the IPS and UPS for some of those so if I can find their threads I'll see if they have dead links and throw up a fresh download of the versions I have.

Lnate

Middle School Nut
Years
Tis is rock salt.

I'm looking for a firered rombase which has expanded number of pokemons , overworlds , pokedex . has mega evolution and fairy type + new tilesets .

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 14, 2016
Guys I'm trying to create a hack, i dont know if it is the right thread to ask for help but please help me out.I;ve already ruled out the storyline for my game.I really need people to help me work it out, can't do it alone. All open for suggestions hit me a PM if yer interested. I can also work for you if you need me !

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Mar 18, 2023
Pokemon rom hack where you fight to keep the title of champion?

I've played almost every single main series Pokemon game to date, and I've loved each and every one of them. However, I notice that it's a reoccurring theme that when you beat the game, you'll have some post game, some side quests and everything, but you never actually tend to fight to keep the title of champion. I know it seems kind of weird, but I think it would be awesome if there was a rom hack that changed it so when you are champion, you have to fight to keep that title. Almost like the Pokemon World Tournament in Pokemon B/W, there would be people who would challenge you as the champion. Of course there's no real way of having an infinite amount, there would only be so many challengers. For example at the beginning you would be challenged by ace trainers and veterans, and the final battles would be against your rival(s) maybe even gym leaders would challenge you! I think it would be a neat idea, do any of you agree?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I have been researching for Pokemon ROM hacks, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I would like to know what Pokemon ROM hack is the best, and the easiest to catch Keldeo. The reason why I say Keldeo is because Keldeo is my favorite Pokemon.

Which ROM hacks is Keldeo in? I have been researching for Pokemon ROM hacks, but I'm not sure which one to choose. I would like to know what Pokemon ROM hack is the best, and the easiest to catch Keldeo. The reason why I say Keldeo is because Keldeo is my favorite Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if there's a hack out there that:
Has physical/special split.
Lets you catch Delibird.
Preferably doesn't have Mega Evos or Fakemon.
Is complete.

What would you recommend?

Back