• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adding New Types into Emerald

ProClifo

The Village Pirate Cat
Years
Yes, I did it! After several tries, I was finally able to add the cat type into my game.

Z69YYlu.png

Thank you so much!

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Nov 4, 2015
Hi I am new in all that hacking things and stuff but I wanted to try adding the fairy type. But I don't know how to do the last step cause I just follow the instructions and pictures and there are not enough for me to understand in the last step.
Hope you can help me.

Not a native speaker so sorry for bad english.

Years
Hi I am new in all that hacking things and stuff but I wanted to try adding the fairy type. But I don't know how to do the last step cause I just follow the instructions and pictures and there are not enough for me to understand in the last step.
Hope you can help me.

Not a native speaker so sorry for bad english.

What part? Is it part 3, 2 or 1? There are many steps :P

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Nov 4, 2015
There could be a bit more explanation in every step but thats not the point . :D
I nearly managed to get through the steps till the end although I don't understand anything at all. XD
My problem is that I don't understand how to do part:3 step:2.
A bit more explanation for repointing and a few more pictures would be very helpful.

Years
Proof this tutorial works... thank yo so much...
for anyone having a hard time with this i've enclosed a emerald rom that has the fairy
type added... i've also changed the types to the known fairy types; e.i. clefairy, jigglypuff
[LINK REDACTED]
if you want to get into hacking i advise learning the tutorial though but enjoy
18960529883_c935e3e154_o.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Proof this tutorial works... thank yo so much...
for anyone having a hard time with this i've enclosed a emerald rom that has the fairy
type added... i've also changed the types to the known fairy types; e.i. clefairy, jigglypuff
[LINK REDACTED]
if you want to get into hacking i advise learning the tutorial though but enjoy
18960529883_c935e3e154_o.png

Posting links to ROM downloads is against the PokéCommunity rules. I suggest you read both the global rules and ROM Hacking rules, and then re-upload your file as a .IPS or .UPS patch file instead.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
thanks didn't know but you should have just sent me a private message no need to put a person on blast for being helpful.

Um.. that's not a blast at all. He's literally telling you how to do it correctly.

A patch is certainly useful though.

Years
Hi i just started pokemon rom hacking... I tried to insert fairy type in my hacked fire red rom using shinyrayq's guide.. I tried following it step by step (exactly the same as the guide did) but I always end up getting white screen after.. please help i don't know where I went wrong..

MrDollSteak

Years
Hi i just started pokemon rom hacking... I tried to insert fairy type in my hacked fire red rom using shinyrayq's guide.. I tried following it step by step (exactly the same as the guide did) but I always end up getting white screen after.. please help i don't know where I went wrong..

You may notice that this tutorial is for Emerald not Fire Red.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
Years
For Gen 3 Suite, in the Ini if you change where the type names are located it should show up. I'll see if I can get a pic.

Spoiler:
Here you go, change the type names location and # of types (you don't need to change the length.) If you've done it right it'll show up.

Where is the .ini file located for emerald? I have just finished hacking the fairy type in, and I believe I have succeeded (the game does not crash when I load it). However it does not show up in YAPE, G3S or any other program, leading me to believe I need the .ini file and alter it in this method. That being said, I can't find it. If it helps, my version of G3S displays only an ini merger.

Help please, I feel like I'm so close to finally getting this done...

Found the ini after much searching and modified it after many tests. Fairy Type get. New question though: How can I get PGE or another move editor program to recognize the ini? Without this, no fairy attacks are possible because the move editor cannot recognize fairy as an attacking type.

Or not. Found one anyway.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2022
Umm... can someone please explain to me how he got from one step to another for, well, pretty much every step, but specifically how he did part 1 step 5. I don't quite know what he means by 'Select 5C Blocks (hex)'. Sorry if this is extremely obvious but I have extremely limited ROM hacking knowledge. An ips patch would be nice but I would also like to learn. Thanks! :)

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

Years
Where is the .ini file located for emerald? I have just finished hacking the fairy type in, and I believe I have succeeded (the game does not crash when I load it). However it does not show up in YAPE, G3S or any other program, leading me to believe I need the .ini file and alter it in this method. That being said, I can't find it. If it helps, my version of G3S displays only an ini merger.

Help please, I feel like I'm so close to finally getting this done...

Found the ini after much searching and modified it after many tests. Fairy Type get. New question though: How can I get PGE or another move editor program to recognize the ini? Without this, no fairy attacks are possible because the move editor cannot recognize fairy as an attacking type.

Or not. Found one anyway.

PGE doesn't work for expanded types. In G3T just check the ini.

Year7Class1

Land Snail
Years
How can I download the attachment. It sends me to "attachment 1x1" page. Where I can't see anything but a clear space. When I save it in the dropbox, the file name is "attachment.php". HELP!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 22, 2016
Hello, is you let the emerald ROM link to the type fairy to download? Sincerely thank you.

MrDollSteak

Years
How can I download the attachment. It sends me to "attachment 1x1" page. Where I can't see anything but a clear space. When I save it in the dropbox, the file name is "attachment.php". HELP!

Sorry about that, the Pokecommunity hack deleted the attachment. I've reuploaded it.

Back