• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Oh, man, D´OH!!!
I can´t script -.- I hate script -.- ... script -.-
But I have a hexthing. I have Hexecute, but I don´t really know what to do, except by search for FF and 00. When I found it, should I write smth special (If yes plz tell me what...) or can I just punch my keyboard so there´s smth like that: kncaftq,???
It's simple really, say your going through the hex editor and your find a bunch of "FF" starting at 900000. Now when you make a script, start it with 0x900000. This will tell the game to place your new script into that area of free space.

I didnt double post Lycos deleted his post for being a dee dee dee and it was between my two XD

I will PM him.(Zel)
Sorry about that, you seem to be a good member; I should have know. Yeah, Zel is probably one of the best fan-hackers out there, he knows WAY more than I, but he is busy while I am not.

do you know how to actually insert MORE pokemon into the game. Because I want to have the shinu gene and the hoen and kanto and jhoto plus fakemon.
Wow! That's way too much to insert into the game, as the GBA series is not ment to hold that much data. Sorry, but only like 2-3 extra pokemon can be added to Ruby/Sapphire; and even then you may run across problems. If you want the shinou pokemon, your going to have to erase some old pokemon.

Okay so what i am trying to do right now is add a cave into a ruby game. I have no clue how to create a warp and have it take me to the cave i just created. I have advance map. Can someone help me, thanks you!!
Alright, to make a warp, if it does not already exist on the map, do the following. First, go to "events view" and scroll down on the right, until it says "Event manager". Look at the list now. Find where it says "Amount of Warps" and change it to the number of warps you will need. Don't worry you can always change it later. Now do you see the button on the bottom that says change events? Click it. A window will pop up that reads "Events" click ok, and it will find available space to put your new event. Click the button that says "re-point" and your done making a warp. It should appear in the top left-hand corner. As for changing it all you have to do is click it. So lets say you wanted to warp to inside of Mt. Moon. You would look at the numbers beside Mt. Moon on the list, which happen to be 1.1. The first number represents the "map bank", while the other represents the "map". So change your warps "Map bank" to 1 and your warp's "map" to 1. Now we need to find which specific warp will your warp go to. The entrance number is "event number 3" so change your warp's "warp no:" to 3. Congratulations your warp now takes you to the Mt. Moon entrance. Hope that helps, if you need me to explain further send me a PM.

Why is it that when I always try to make a hack that I always leave graphics glitchs that I can't fix? I'm going to give up hacking, it's to effing hard. X(
I know it seems like a little much at first, but you'll eventually get the hang of it. Just remember to always back it up and try, try again! Don't give up, just picture what that glorious hack will look like in the end! :D

When I put a new sprite on a map in advance map, how do I make it talk? SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY! I'M TRYING TO MAKE A HACK OF FIRERED!
You must make a script for it, and insert it. I believe I answered this in depth a couple of posts back, look there if you need help.

I'm looking for the same thing, and how do I add the area i want it to warp to? Like the new cave to edit? I tried creating a new map but it just saved over my victory road map -.- I didn't want to restart so basically when my hack is released, it may be no different but I created victory road on there xD well at least the main cave
There are only a couple of completely blank maps stored in the game. Otherwise you'll have to erase some old maps.

Angelix

You are a pirate!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
How to change stats and movesets?

I've looked around the whole forum, used the search engine and I still can't find anything on this. How do you change a Pokemon's base stat or certain moves it learns at different levels? The base stats might be as simple as changing hex codes in an editor, but I've yet to find out. If somebody knows how to do either of these, help would be greatly appreciated.

BlackDragonite

Austrian Pokémon Expert
Years
It's simple really, say your going through the hex editor and your find a bunch of "FF" starting at 900000. Now when you make a script, start it with 0x900000. This will tell the game to place your new script into that area of free space.

I can´t script, not even one thing...
is there no better way? (Without scripting)

And if not, pleas could you PM me with the script, and a little tutorial how to do these things?

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
I can´t script, not even one thing...
is there no better way? (Without scripting)

And if not, pleas could you PM me with the script, and a little tutorial how to do these things?

Alright, it's simple really. Well, some of it's not...
Anyway let's take the tutorial script that comes with SciptED shall we?
Code:
#org 0x800000
message 0x800100
boxset 0x2
end
#org 0x800100
= Hello World!
This code will make someone say "Hello World!" Easy right? Well allow me break it down.

First- 0x800000:
This is where the script will be kept. This is it's location within the game. Here is where you type in the offset where all that blank space starts (FF's).

Second- message 0x800100:
This is where the message for your script will be kept. This tells the game where to put it.

Third-boxset 0x2:
These are the options after the message has been displayed. This one states that after the message is shown, you must press "a" to exit.

Fourth-end:
This ends the script.

Fifth-
#org 0x800100
= Hello World!

This is what your person will say when you give him this script. This IS your message. If you wanted a person to say "I want a cookie" replace "Hello World" with "I want a cookie". This is the simplist script you can make. All it does is have someone talk.

So put it all together now:
#org 0x800000-script offset
message 0x800100-message
boxset 0x2-press "a" to exit message
end-end script
#org 0x800100-what your message says.
= Hello World! ^
I hope this helps you!
-Hiidoran

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
Years

Sorry about that, you seem to be a good member; I should have know. Yeah, Zel is probably one of the best fan-hackers out there, he knows WAY more than I, but he is busy while I am not.

Wow! That's way too much to insert into the game, as the GBA series is not ment to hold that much data. Sorry, but only like 2-3 extra pokemon can be added to Ruby/Sapphire; and even then you may run across problems. If you want the shinou pokemon, your going to have to erase some old pokemon.

Alright, to make a warp, if it does not already exist on the map, do the following. First, go to "events view" and scroll down on the right, until it says "Event manager". Look at the list now. Find where it says "Amount of Warps" and change it to the number of warps you will need. Don't worry you can always change it later. Now do you see the button on the bottom that says change events? Click it. A window will pop up that reads "Events" click ok, and it will find available space to put your new event. Click the button that says "re-point" and your done making a warp. It should appear in the top left-hand corner. As for changing it all you have to do is click it. So lets say you wanted to warp to inside of Mt. Moon. You would look at the numbers beside Mt. Moon on the list, which happen to be 1.1. The first number represents the "map bank", while the other represents the "map". So change your warps "Map bank" to 1 and your warp's "map" to 1. Now we need to find which specific warp will your warp go to. The entrance number is "event number 3" so change your warp's "warp no:" to 3. Congratulations your warp now takes you to the Mt. Moon entrance. Hope that helps, if you need me to explain further send me a PM.

I know it seems like a little much at first, but you'll eventually get the hang of it. Just remember to always back it up and try, try again! Don't give up, just picture what that glorious hack will look like in the end! :D

You must make a script for it, and insert it. I believe I answered this in depth a couple of posts back, look there if you need help.

There are only a couple of completely blank maps stored in the game. Otherwise you'll have to erase some old maps.

I think I should stop. I've been going this for ages now and I always get a little glitch over the player's head in battle. I also get when I walk out of a town and go back in the buildings are messed up. The lab is stuffed just because I changed the position of one person and changed what they said. Why is this all happening? I am going mad.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
in LF now, i've redesigned Pallet town, instead of exiting from the top you have to go right, everythings fine except the professor oak part. he still runs to the spot where you would normally go and i still follow the same direction. I know it's scripting and i know how to fix it but, when i [ctrl+click] in elitemap, it doesn't show his script, is there any way for me to edit it??????

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I've looked around the whole forum, used the search engine and I still can't find anything on this. How do you change a Pokemon's base stat or certain moves it learns at different levels? The base stats might be as simple as changing hex codes in an editor, but I've yet to find out. If somebody knows how to do either of these, help would be greatly appreciated.

Pokémon Amplifier can edit all these.
Download it here.

Whenever i i save a ROM just to see what it looks like i open it on (Visual boy)and it just comes up with a blank white scree can someone please tell me how to fix this matter,thank's
-Shorty-

The ROM you tried to open is probably corrupted.

Hello. I'm new here and I don't know where to post my question...
So if I have posted into the wrong, please move it! ;)

When I have opened my hacked rom in Advance-Text first time I recived a message that I should create a new ini file. I chose "OK" and went to search, but I can't see which sprite is saying the message! I just can type a word and get one message containing this word! Anyone knows?

You can't see which sprite is saying the text, you could just play the game, talk to people, search for the text and edit it. Then you'll know who says the text you want.

Hello im a fairly new yet experianced hacker. I am attempting to make my own game out of Emerald. But I have a problem. No matter what type of ROM I upload into Advanced Text it always says. No INI file exsists would you like to create a new one? Then I click yes and nothing is there. If I click no it aborts. I dont know if im doing it wrong or if its my ROM or I have a bad version of AT. I have downloaded the ROM and AT many times so im not sure what to do. Also Mods im sorry if this is in the wrong Forum im new to this site. Sorry.

There's not an ini for Emerald in Advance Text, just create a new one and while playing the game and talking to people, search for the text you want and edit it with Advance Text.

jdplayer556

Hacker(In the Making)
Years
Hello, I'm new to hacking so I have a few questions.

I'm working on a pokemon ruby hack.
I replaced squirtle sprites with piplup sprites, but when i used it as a starter the pokemon
sprite looks all glitchy. Can you help me?

I also need help editing piplup's pokedex info.

And how do you change the title screen in ruby?

Can anyone help me answer these questions?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
Would anyone by any chance happen to know the value for Oak's Parcel in FR/LG? I've finally learned how to script properly and I've started, but I'm stuck until I know the value for Oak's Parcel. I'd be extremely grateful if anyone could help me.
I'm working on a pokemon ruby hack.
I replaced squirtle sprites with piplup sprites, but when i used it as a starter the pokemon
sprite looks all glitchy. Can you help me?
The sprite itself (not the picture) is too big. The only solution I know to this problem is making the Piplup sprite smaller.
I also need help editing piplup's pokedex info.
I believe Scizz has made a tool for that. I don't remember its name and neither do I know how well it works, though.
And how do you change the title screen in ruby?
You can change the graphics with Unlz.Gba and the palettes can be edited with a hex editor.

*edit* Actually, a list of all FR/LG key items and their values would be nice.

Last edited:

Angelix

You are a pirate!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
Um, I feel like a bit of an idiot, but how do I get AdvanceMap in English? The one I have at the moment is in German...

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Um, I feel like a bit of an idiot, but how do I get AdvanceMap in English? The one I have at the moment is in German...
I'm German so I can help you.
1. Go to "Einstellungen".
2. Go to "Sprache"
3. Select English.
4. Wait until it changed.

And than you have it.

Angelix

You are a pirate!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 20, 2007
Also, with h Pokemon amplifier, is there a way to change the language or is it German specific? (Why do all these things seem to be German?!)

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Amplifier 2006 is written by german people. And up to now you can't change the language. But If you need help with it I'm german and so i understand it. I also have Amplifier 2006. If you want an englisch one use Ampliefier 2004

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
I have 1 question:

1)How do I change Trainer's pokemon?
With PET (comes with Elitemap) or a hex editor. The move list is messed up in PET so I use a combination of PET and a hex editor when I need to change the gym leaders' Pokémon's movesets. I just look up the offset of the trainer in PET, search for that offset in the hex editor and change the Pokémon.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Yeah. The moves in PET are wrong. But If you want to have a trainer this move. You select the move you want and go one after that move. They had forgotten the move 0000000 which is the non move offset. So Pound is the non Move offset.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2012
Does anyone have a list of which gym badges allow the use of which HMs in fire red?

Years
How can you make a reserved empty map work in Advance Map?? Each time i edit, save and reopen it, it says that there's no map there >_>

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
Cyclone has been giving me problems whenever I've tried opening it.

This error pops up:

cycloneerror.png

Sorry for asking again. But anyone else getting this problem? I tried using the program on another computer just today and it gives me the same error. Am I missing a file or something?

@Kid Nino's question: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=92163 Someone is making an Emerald ini for Advance Text in this topic.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
With PET (comes with Elitemap) or a hex editor. The move list is messed up in PET so I use a combination of PET and a hex editor when I need to change the gym leaders' Pokémon's movesets. I just look up the offset of the trainer in PET, search for that offset in the hex editor and change the Pokémon.

Well...and how do you do it with FR/LG? I tried PET, but the R/S/E trainers show up. What do do?

~Cya, UnitRico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back