• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
All I've seen in person are dead squirrels, turtles, birds, possums, and tons of insects.

And I've also never seen a skunk in person.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I hate dead animals. :(

I don't mind squishing insects but seeing poor animals getting run over or beaten is really sad. D:

And I was also expecting a frozen cat in that spoiler :x, I was about to half cover my eyes haha but it is definitely sad what happens to some animals. It is good you don't see dead animals often, I think the last one I saw was a year ago thankfully.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Curiouser and curiouser~ I haven't seen any dead carcasses of animals lying about the place in my country since forever and I always wonder why. Animals die everyday right? It's so very curious why I don't see a single one of those bodies anywhere. Ninja road sweepers, perhaps? *laughs* xD

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
(The first thing i see when i come here is a post about a dead cat -_-)

Ninja road sweepers most likely isn't the cause. Rats, birds and most other animals will be quick to scavenge carcasses for food during the night/early morning. In fact near my house are several fox burrows who are very docile, but whenever there's a dead bird you can be sure it's gone within an hour.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Basically the above explanation :3. Animals will probably pick up the carcass and you know, eat it. Although people might clean them off the road. And yeah the DCC topics can get pretty weird but it's all part of the fun! :3.

Years
Luckily, I don't see the animals actually EAT the carcass, because that would be even worse than just seeing the carcass alone.
*shiver*

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I seen birds and cats that were ran down by cars. It happens frequently, like once every month I will see one such incident.

Years
I'm too squeamish about those types of things. I was in a parade one time with my marching band, and in the middle of the parade route was a completely flattened cat. We couldn't break our formation, so we had to march through it.
Oh god, that was a terrible, terrible day...

Years
I teared up when I saw the cat. And I couldn't play my instrument for the rest of the parade. And I FREAKED out when there was cat hair on the bottom of my shoe when the parade was over.
I get SOOO sad about dead animals :(

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Usually i am sad when i see dead animals being mistreated. It could have been any of us.
Where is everyone btw?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Home obviously, using the internet like I always am. Also have seen a good amount of street cats poisoned and left dead on the side of the road to not be squeamish anymore.Maybe if a car ran over it and the dissolved insides were gushing out, but that's about it. Sorry for the gore.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I dont mind that either.. they're dead anyways... i would just hope their carcass be put to good use either by food for bugs or fodder for trees.i had a teacher who would collect carcasses, clean them, and use the bones as studies for his classes. Lifedrawing teacher.

Nothing Is Real

It's all in the mind you know!
Years
I saw a budgie get hit by a car once. It just sort of hopped along the road, and the next thing you know it was run over (the car wasn't even moving that fast). I hate seeing death happen like that, especially when you know it's probably someone else's pet. Seeing a dead squirrel or hedgehog on the side of the road always makes me gag, too.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I always hated bones. I just don't know why. Maybe i watched too much horror movies when i was young.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Dead stuff doesn't bother me. Even people.

However, I will be bothered if it's not completely dead- like that roadkill opossum that was in front of my house a while ago. I just felt bad for the poor little dude. I was standing a maybe 2ish carlengths away and I could still hear him trying to breathe.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I may sound a little noobish but what is exactly an opossum?
I'm still learning English so i don't know that word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back