• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swapping tilesets based on the time of the day

Years
Hello y'all.
So, I just found this old thread https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=300349
And I wanted to make the same thing : A tileset for the day and a tileset when it's night, but when I tried to change the followed scripts, I noticed that PokemonMap and PerspectiveTilemap doesn't exist (but i think PerspectiveTilemap is "Tilemap_Perspective" now, but unsure). My Pokémon Essentials version is a 16.2 this version didn't exist back in the time
My questions are... Where can I place those scripts or is there an other method to change the tileset based on the time ?

Thanks for reading.

Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2023
This post is from quite a while ago, but I am also wondering the same thing. The only code I can find seems to be from an old version and doesn't work. I'm trying to mirror the lighting affect of the GSC games- the default lighting tones look a bit off on my tileset, and I'd rather have more control over it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm only just starting to get the hang of basic scripting.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
This post is from quite a while ago, but I am also wondering the same thing. The only code I can find seems to be from an old version and doesn't work. I'm trying to mirror the lighting affect of the GSC games- the default lighting tones look a bit off on my tileset, and I'd rather have more control over it. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm only just starting to get the hang of basic scripting.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=432314
This thread is pretty similar to what you want, I think. You may also want to either edit or disable the DayNight tones. The tones are in PField_Time, while the enable/disable is in Settings.

Back