Esper

California
Seen June 30th, 2018
Posted June 30th, 2018
10,753 posts
10.5 Years
Spoiler:

Dragonball Evolution

Definitely one of the most painful viewing experiences I've ever had. It was bad, but not in a so-bad-it's-funny way. Just a bad way. About the only interesting thing I could say about it is that it'll give you a chance to guess in each scene what they'll do wrong. It's a kind of paint-by-numbers movie where they didn't have the right numbers and everything about it shows they made mistakes at every turning point. But exactly how they decide to mess up might keep you guessing and interested for a few moments.

Curly Brace

Mistakes were made

Age 17
Male
Mimiga Town
Seen 6 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
4,712 posts
8.1 Years
Hey guys did you know they actually made a third Shrek movie?

I only listen to high-quality video game rips.

Kai

Wayfarer

Scotland
Seen July 11th, 2019
Posted May 23rd, 2019
333 posts
2.4 Years
Hey guys did you know they actually made a third Shrek movie?
The third was plain as a standalone film. It was basically an extension of Shrek 2 with another conflict regarding the future of the throne and a promoted secondary antagonist who wasn't as charming the second time around. Shrek 4 was a rushed mess. The alternate world was filled with contradictions and raised questions that were never answered. There were good elements, such as the eccentric Rumpelstiltskin who was at the forefront of the movie's marketing campaign, so it wasn't all bad. Hopefully Shrek 5 will at least be as good as Shrek 2 which is arguably the best one to date.

Kai

Wayfarer

Scotland
Seen July 11th, 2019
Posted May 23rd, 2019
333 posts
2.4 Years
There was a Shrek 4?

Really? Or are you joking?
Yep, along with elaborate ads, a faux website, a telephone number, a Twitter page, etcetera.

http://www.rumpeldeals.com/

The fourth movie is called "Shrek Forever After" and a fifth movie should be out in 2019 or 2020.

HoennTM

Will my hack be done soon? Probably not.

Age 20
Male
Australia
Seen September 19th, 2019
Posted September 19th, 2019
204 posts
10 Years
I'm not surprised someone mentioned The Last Airbender (awful.)
What I am surprised about is that nobody has mentioned Dragonball Evolution!
What's it with anime films and sucking! I mean in that "live action" kind of way. Films like Spirited Away are great.

I'd say the Garfield movie was pretty bad too, mostly because I was forced to watch it a few weeks ago and it's now stuck in my head.
Forza Borussia Dortmund!

Quick note, I ended up losing the IPS files for ALL my hacks in the Sideshow Showcase, I ended up factory resetting my PC before making backups. Since you can't download them because the downloads are broken, and I no longer have access to them, well, you can figure out the rest -.-

Aduitt

Confused

Seen September 10th, 2018
Posted September 3rd, 2018
92 posts
1.6 Years
Happily Never After was a decent movie. It made me chuckle from time to time and I wouldn't even mind when it was replayed every couple months.
I mean it was definitely a bad film. It was just so bad that it made me actually laugh at times.

Happily Never After 2 is a completely different story..... It was a bad movie. Thats all I can really say about it. There were no redeemable features.

The animating sucked.

The script sucked.

The voice actors sucked.

The pacing sucked.

The 'humour' sucked.

everything sucked.
See You Space Cowboy...

Dimitri

Age 29
Canada
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
15,478 posts
6.5 Years
The Visit
Not only does it paint mentally ill people in a horrible light, it follows the assumption that all elderly people have dementia and can't do anything on their own.
Plus it's just boring.
Dead lift danger, born with horns fight it
I'm the misguided angel
Seen January 27th, 2019
Posted January 27th, 2019
2,824 posts
2.4 Years
Andrew Garfield TASM movies. A mockery of Spider-Man and adds insult to injury after Spider-Man 4 was cancelled. Sony is a greedy company. I will never forget the fact that they tampered with Spider-Man 3 and got in Raimi's way, causing him to give up on Spider-Man 4. Though I heard MJ was going to die so maybe 4 wasn't going to be a big hit anyways but we'll never know.

Pichu

Age 27
Male
New York
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
5,847 posts
10.6 Years
As previously mentioned, the Avatar film based on the incredible Nickelodeon television series comes to my mind almost always.

It was so bad... improper pronunciation of character names, weird pacing, bad acting... etc. Such a shame.

Enpatsu Shakugan

Banned

Male
Seen November 4th, 2018
Posted November 4th, 2018
1,825 posts
1.6 Years
As previously mentioned, the Avatar film based on the incredible Nickelodeon television series comes to my mind almost always.

It was so bad... improper pronunciation of character names, weird pacing, bad acting... etc. Such a shame.
Honestly, I guess I don't get why adaptations really have to exist. The medium of Avatar was perfectly suited for television and that's what we got. A perfectly executed series.

So... why does it need a live action movie? It's only going to be inferior, even if it didn't suck as bad as it did.

Why does a great book or manga NEED either a television series or movie adaptation at all? Is it any less good on the page?
Why does a video game series need to be a movie?

I've been thinking about this for awhile and some things that are good are good simply because they existed already in the form best suited for them. And I don't get the desperate wants of fans to CRAAAVE to need it in a different version where it'll never be as good.

Dawn

of the Final Day

Age 30
Non-binary
Away with the fairies
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
11,099 posts
5.2 Years
Honestly, I guess I don't get why adaptations really have to exist. The medium of Avatar was perfectly suited for television and that's what we got. A perfectly executed series.

So... why does it need a live action movie? It's only going to be inferior, even if it didn't suck as bad as it did.

Why does a great book or manga NEED either a television series or movie adaptation at all? Is it any less good on the page?
Why does a video game series need to be a movie?

I've been thinking about this for awhile and some things that are good are good simply because they existed already in the form best suited for them. And I don't get the desperate wants of fans to CRAAAVE to need it in a different version where it'll never be as good.
Considering your current avatar and signature and how grossly inferior the MCU is to the comic books that spawned them, I find this kinda ironic...not that I disagree, but just saying.

Enpatsu Shakugan

Banned

Male
Seen November 4th, 2018
Posted November 4th, 2018
1,825 posts
1.6 Years
Considering your current avatar and signature and how grossly inferior the MCU is to the comic books that spawned them, I find this kinda ironic...not that I disagree, but just saying.
Because I have a Star Lord set doesn't mean I'm into Marvel. I don't care about the MCU at all, or really comic books in general. I just like the Guardians films because they're fun standalone movies.

And I also know even the MCU takes extreme liberties with its source material; Guardians being the biggest example, but they're all trying to be a new thing, for the most part. They take some story beats from comics, but they're a new thing with a new goal for these movies, with the same general idea and characters.

Something like Avatar TLA vs the The Last Airbender film isn't trying to be anything but a straighton adaptation to me, with just an inferior genre to attempt it in. The characters, settings, story beats, etc, they are all just poorer carbon copies of the original. In my mentality, why do it at all? It's only going to be a letdown, and pretty much doomed to fail.

Thing is, I don't think adaptations are even a bad thing at all. Sometimes a whole scene just works better in the different language of a new medium, or a stale old idea gets revamped and works way better.
And even something like Avatar could have worked as a movie, someway. Definitely not in M. Night's hands, but who knows how it could've been for anyone else.

My point was really, I don't get the urgent want of people craving an adaptation of something that's already there to enjoy.
I get in this day and age we're weened to expect more of everything we love, with sequels and all that, but for me, I'm more than happy simply enjoying something that exists one way. It'll always be there to revisit to remind me why I love it.

If I love a video game, it can stay just that. I don't need to see it as a movie. I don't crave to see it as one.
If someone made it and it turned out to be good, I'd check it out and maybe like that one too; be pleasantly surprised, but I never begged for it.
That's more what I was getting at.

And with Guardians, I told you, I never read the source material, haha. I just found two movies I liked, and actually liked more because they weren't so heavily entwined with the rest of the comic cinematic universe I really don't care about.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns

Age 29
Male
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
1,853 posts
3.3 Years
I dunno if I can really say they're the WORST films i've ever seen, because they all at least looked good but

Star Wars 1, 2 and 8 were absolutely awful compared to 3-7 and Rogue One. Last Jedi annoyed me most because we had a perfect set up in TFA and it was wasted. Although the scene on the salt planet with the speeders and the acting of Ridley and Boyega were enough to ensure it wasnt as bad as 2 was in my eyes.

Pure Essence

Broken computer hours

Male
Charlotte
Seen 15 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
721 posts
2 Years
I'm going to offend quite a lot of people.

Inside Out. And here's why.

I like the concept, but there's so many issues I have with this movie that I could probably make a thread ranting about those. The characters are more shallow then most of DeviantArt's, The story from Riley's POV is semi-typical for every teen making it seem like this disaster is kinda normal, it gave me nightmares, and it feels like an insult to people who are actually interested in how the mind works. I have autism, and learning about it is an interest of mine. This movie offended me in that regard.
Advertiser Content