• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CSS Help & Resources

Years

thank you i've tried that and it doesn't work..
Maybe your text didn't fill up the height of the css?

[cd=overflow:auto;width:100px;height:100px;border: 1px solid #000000;]Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here[/cd]

Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here
Sample text here

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Okay, I'm going to have to step down as a tutor as I just wont have the time this school term so I'll be taking my name off the list.
Another addition I want to add is that the students will have to contact the tutors to ask them whether or not they are available for tuition so they should check out the list of tutors. Or the tutors can offer to take on a student who has applied.
All the above students have been accepted and will be added to the list asap.
Tuition will resume as normal but without me though I am available to help with CSS just not teach it.

As for rotating text, it's a little difficult but I shall show you a code and let you figure it out.
April

~

Last edited:

~Gary~

PSN: xAzureZePhYr.
Years
Would like to apply to be a student

CSS Knowledge: basic codes
Preffered Teaching Method:PMs
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: to make my signature more beautiful.i would wish to know almost everything
Time Zone: GMT +5:30
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Yash

Tutor you want-Anyone

Last edited:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Whenever I try to get the text to hover over my banner, I go to preview signature, and I have like 10 copys of the banner (the banner is 352pixels x 152pixels) and I have that entered as the value in the place it goes, it only does it though when I have more than one line of text (which is preferred because I don't want a giant run on of sig stuff all over my banner).

Is it a problem with IE or am I just stupid? ._.

EDIT:
CSS Knowledge: none
ered Teaching Method: VM/PM/MSN
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: just learn stuff in general mostly for making sigs/threads
Time Zone: CST (GMT -6 I think)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Gamer/Alan (Can I have SG as my tutor if possible?)
Hey, no problem, I can tutor you. =3

ReddishDegree

Yes, I'm Insane.
Years
Hey i just started trying this stuff out and im trying to get the picture (look at my sig) and the song (look there again) and like put them together. can someone tell me how?

Years
[jq][cd=height: 298px;width:490px;background-image: url("http://thealternakids.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/daft_punk_main.jpg");][cd=padding: 20px 20px 20px 20px;][sound="Daft Punk - Robot Rock"]http://team.fatal1ty.free.fr/Damn%20That%20Music%20Made%20my%20Way/Daft%20Punk/Human%20after%20all/03%20-%20Daft%20Punk%20-%20Robot%20Rock.mp3[/sound][/cd][/cd][/jq]

Play with the padding in
to change where the sound file will be located.

Years
You use padding, Jordan? I prefer to use position:relative; so that I don't have to include background-image:url('');. Also, it's kinda easier to understand the positioning since left:Xpx;, right:Xpx;,top:Xpx;, and bottom:Xpx; are used. But, if that's your preference, I won't object. :x

Years
You use padding, Jordan? I prefer to use position:relative; so that I don't have to include background-image:url('');. Also, it's kinda easier to understand the positioning since left:Xpx;, right:Xpx;,top:Xpx;, and bottom:Xpx; are used. But, if that's your preference, I won't object. :x
Since I've learned padding first, and it works, I don't really see a need to do anything else. No nitpicking! >:O

But, if you don't use background-image:url(""); then what do you use?

Years
Discussion

Regular old img tags. I wasn't trying all that hard with my sig 5 minutes ago, but I manged to do it now:
[jq][center][img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1643/scomplex.png[/img][cd="width:339px; height:0px; position:relative; bottom: 128px;"][right][url=http://www.swfcabin.com/swf-files/1271890554.swf][img]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6927/moviestarts.png[/img][/url][/right][/cd][/center][/jq]

First I centered the image because that's what I wanted. Then, right after the [/img], I added a div that would have the "Movie Start" image. width:339px; because that's how wide I want the box and height:0px; to prevent any unwanted blank space. I then used position:relative; to tell the div how I wanted it positioned. Next, I moved the div box with the "Movie Start" image up from the bottom 128px. Close up the divs and now I have a CSS signature that has all dragable/selectable images.

There's a
but that is irrelevant.

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
Years
i'd like to be a student :D..

CSS Knowledge: pretty basic
Preffered Teaching Method: MSN, AIM, VMs, PMs
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: i wanna learn how to make my thread pretty, doing cool things with sigs, etc. :D
Time Zone: GMT+5 (EST)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: amanda/mandy

FloatingClouds

Champion CSSer
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
CSS Knowledge: Beggin-- Look at my siganture :)

Preffered Teaching Method:Msn is fine but i will do by the pokecommunity pm (msn preferred) PM me for email.
Why you want to learn/how much you wish to know: Because I want to make a cool website and cool look thing. I want to get to the stage to just getting into advance......
Time Zone: GMT+10 Standard Eastern Time. I think, yeah, thats right just pm me for more details :)
Name/Nickname/What we can call you: Benjamin/Floaty/Cloud <-- Choose one :)

Back