• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Zekerane's Journal

Vragon

This is a side writing from my main project called "Shattered Crests".
Its still a work in progress, however I'm contemplating putting some of the start out.
A lot of its writing has been done, and while this piece isn't directly a part, it is important to it.
This is, in a way, more of a throw out and see how it does.
There are some "Unclearness" in this since it is a bit of a bio of an individual
during a period of his life, but I feel this is simple enough to be understood
and yet unclear enough to not spoil.
Again this is only throwing this out and see how it goes.
If this is received well, I might put some of "Shattered Crest" on the site.
It's been written three books in, so it's not exactly on impromptu.
Anyway, I hope this piece is enjoyable, and a little bit different taste from my writing.

December 13 1018th year since primal release
Journal entry 1
During our child​

It is with a most joyful heart that I and Reshma have

been blessed with a future child. Reshma has recovered and is back to her lovely state. He continues to

sleep in his egg. Not much noise has come from inside the egg and I have acquired the normal state of

worry that comes with such a gift. I find myself painstaking in my care for our new child that I have

been negligent in my research. I was entrusted by Grandfather and Kyurem to study on Synergy and

the other ways it can benefit our world. My research has hypothesized that it may be plausible to use

Synergy for healing purposes without need of moves, abilities, items, or medicine. But I digress, my

child is the focus of this entry. I've wondered what it would be like to have a child with the woman I love

with my soul and heart. I remember when I first pledged loyalty to her as a mate. It was during another

diplomatic mission from my father regarding the five year old peace treaty between Amestria and

Yveshia. Tension were high then and still are to this day. I remember telling her about my task to keep

their hearts from war and how she reacted. I had been courting her for I believe five months and she

didn't take this confession well. I had thought long and hard about it the night prior and had mustered

my stance to tell her the truth. I held her hands in mine and cupped them, knelt down to one knee, put

my Zekrious pendant in her hands, and closed them. She looked at me with a shocked face that I will

never forget. I had rehearsed all night for the words I would say. How "she was my treasure and my

loyalty to my kingdom was now with her as well." And "I understand your reaction. I will leave my soul

with you and upon my return I will hope that you will relieve me of any questions. If you wish to be my

mate then please keep it, but should I be unsatisfactory, I would ask you return my heart back to me."

But Reshma, you were never the one for formalities. I don't believe I was ever more surprised,

perplexed, shocked, embarrassed, violated, or happier than when she pounced herself upon me with a

hug. I of course, from the sudden movement on her part, I fell over and landed on my back. She's

always reminded me of how silly my face looked and my nervous stuttering as she said out loud, "Yes".

I was always a thinker before an actor. I would prepare myself for anything should I have prior or even

the slightest hint of a possible outcome I would be ready for it. However, I felt myself at a loss for

words and my poise as she answered quite quickly compared to what I had expected. She laughed at

my blushing cheeks and the shock in my two yellow and black eyes. She lowered her head, whispering

to me, "Weren't prepared? Well I've been waiting to surprise you". And that's when she and I had our

first kiss as a couple. Yes, she was then my treasure and is still. And little one, you are too. We have

decided to name you after your birth, just so we can be sure and right about this. To conclude this

writing for the future when your older I would like to write what Reshma told me when I asked her if

she wished the child to be a girl or a boy. She giggled as she held my long face in her hands and

whispered, "I wouldn't mind either. I will love the child for who he or she is and will become. But if I

could have one wish on our offspring, I would wish that he was like his father." The world of Females

has intrigued me. I've always wondered how on any diplomatic mission I ever went on for my father I

could debate against a violent stranger and resolve, but with her I'm frail as a babe in his bed and

unintentionally silly. I can't explain "why", "what", or "how" she does this to me. All I know is I don't mind

it and anxiously wait to join with her every day. Child, I know you will find a Mon for yourself one day,

but I pray that Arceus will save you the embarrassment I had with your mother,

the day I gave her my heart.

We await your coming.​

Bay

Years
Minor formatting nitpick, I know you're going for a written letter look, but font there kinda makes it hard to read. This is probably just me, though.

Anyways, I think it's cute the father wrote a journal entry to his upcoming child of how their parents met/started their relationship. I take it the characters are Pokemon based on the references to Kyruem, the sleeping egg, and "you'll find yourself a Mon someday," but I don't mind heh. I'm interested where you'll be going with this!

Vragon

Okay, so I attempted to structure it this way to make it somewhat more readable. I apologize to everyone that is having a hard time reading. I want this to be a type of Journal entry as already mentioned. When more is put in "Bk 1 Lines Broken" you should be able to make some if not a small link to this with that story. Anyway I hope this is an enjoying read (I have a fun time writing these things. I dunno why, but something about writing a Father's perspective just makes me happy. Forshadowing of my future possible? Who knows, but I do hope if I do have kids, I will be a good father to them.) But I digress For the how manyith time, please enjoy.

December 31 1018th year since primal release
Journal entry 2
During our child's sleep​

To think you have been in your little egg for thirty days now. While, as a scientist and doctor, I understand the process of your forming, but as a father I can't help but wonder why you've been in there for so long. Occasionally horrible thoughts come into my head and I wake up in a cold sweat at night. But whenever I see your egg move even a slight nudge or feel the warmth inside, I find peace in such hints of your life. There's some piece of parenthood that causes unnecessary worry. After all, I've seen many eggs hatch and know full well the time that passes till the little one comes out. Yet, the feelings of concern plague my heart and refuse to leave my soul. Reshma calls my fatherly concern for you in this current state a sign of "good intentions, but overdoing it." I can't argue against the woman's conclusion. She understands how I feel, despite my lack of comprehending her calm state through all of this. I have analyzed your egg dozens of times and have concluded you are gradually getting closer to the hatching time phase. This little town where we dwell is in preparation for another New Year's festival. Reshma has urged me to leave my worries here and go enjoy myself for a night with the locals. She said she would care for you, and as your mother, she makes a valid point. I appreciate her concern for me and my sanity. While my worry has been overdone in sense of reason, hers is somewhat comforting. Perhaps I fail when it comes to showing care in a reasonable way, but I'm grateful to have her in my life to calm down my unwarranted panic. How can she do it? Is it natural for a female or mother to show affection or care in a way that is strong yet welcoming? I have no idea. If anything in our world has left this scientist more perplexed than strange humor similes and metaphors, it's our contrasting Mon's. Something about seeing your opposite is marvelous in its own way, at least in this case of study. I ask her how in this world she functions and she just laughs, walks up to me, gives me a little kiss on me cheek, and says, "Don't worry about how I function, just worry about keeping you functional". This is not a preferred answer from an educative standpoint I would aim to acquire, but I don't mind it too bad. You mother is an amazing Mon and I can't wait for you to know her as a mother. Me and her have been giving some thought as to possible names, but have decided not to give an official one until your birth. I have a tendency to name things based on appearance or actions, so here are some of my ideas. Boy: Detrim, Solaris, Synerice, Reshamon, Ryuga, and Shun. Girl: Zephina, Lucina, Monica, Cordelia, Yuki, and Rurié. Reshma's list is vastly different from mine and consists more of names related to either me or our relatives we hold close. However, the name I wish to give you the most would be one these: Vraga if a girl and if you're a boy, Vragon. But there is still time till your hatching and now is a time to celebrate the 1019th year since primal release and 19 years of peace since that horrible Yveshia/Amestria war. I have high hopes for this year and I will claim that the best part of this New Year, this new future, will be when I and Reshma get to hold you in our arms without an egg shell to separate us. I yearn for that day, and I swear to be as good a father as I can. You are of a proud line and you are special to us. We await your coming here, child.

Can anyone guess what the child's name will be? Heh, I think I'll save the answer for later.

Bay

Years
Want to suggest another minor formatting suggestion. You think you can have the journal entries be separated into paragraphs as it's kinda hard for me to read in one big paragraph block of text there.

With that out of the way, I still think what the father wrote down is cute. Understandable he would be nervous since it's his first time being a father and such. The suggested names are cute there too (and I think I can see where you get your username from lol). Oh, want to mention that hopefully I'll get to check Shattered Crests fairly soon since it seems this journal and that story are connected.

Vragon

Okay so this third entry I didn't post for a while since I was debating whether I should or shouldn't. I want to finish the prologue for shattered crests before I get to far into this, so I put it off. However, I've decided that this one entry is fine to put in. So I hope this is enjoyable.

January 19 1019th year since primal
Journal entry 3
Our child's first day awake​

I can't describe how apprehensive I was, watching you starting the hatching phase. "Today has to be the day" I would tell myself, growing ever so worry hearted as the hours ticked by. I was afraid that maybe I was off in my analysis of you inside, but me questioning my abilities in this area were silenced when I heard your first crack.

Saying I was insane from terror, and speaking only in stuttering gibberish out of newfound parent stress would be an understatement to my actions these next few hours. It seemed like every little crackle that you made inside stole my focus and immediately brought me to your egg.

While Reshma was making you a little basket for you to nestle your little self in upon breaking out, I was anxious if not overtly terrified as a more of the cracks formed. Reshama wanted to finish the bed for you, so she requested that I watch you in case you hatched in her absence.

It was after midnight on the 19th of January you cracked enough of the shell that it finally split apart. However, when you did come I was immeasurably surprised. You see there is a natural rule in Legendaries' biology that dictates inheriting dominance. Basically, when legends have children, even with regular mons or even Mtyhics, the child would be of that legend's species. But you weren't a Reshiram or a Zekrom. No, you little one were an Axew, a quite cute one at that.

I was shocked to see you after the shell had been fully stripped away from your little body and you were on full display for us. You sat there, looking around your new world with what your Mother later said, "Were the cutest eyes on a baby's face." When she did walk in and saw you she also was confused to a far extent or her understanding. I moved closer to get a better look at you. You were a baby axew after all, compared to me, a fully grown adult Zekrom. As I peered at you merely a foot away, you suddenly jumped onto my face, holding my snout and hanging on with both hands like performing a mini hang on. For a few seconds we stared at each other's eyes on the same level.

You had them. Your eyes weren't just similar to mine, you had inherited a perfect replica of my topaz yellow eyes. I would be lying to claim I didn't have even a sliver of pride in my son due to this attribute. But they weren't just copies of mine, no they were seemingly blazing with radiant yellow. Your eyes gleamed brighter than mine ever did, especially when you would smile.

Then you did the most childish thing ever. You gave a little dragon "coo", along with an adorably goofy smile. I could help myself but give you the same, while Rehsma giggled from behind me. I picked you off my face and cupped your little self in my claw hands. You fit perfectly in them, Since I wasn't exactly the biggest Zekrom out there, you weren't completely nestled inside the inside claws in my hand. You easily curled up in the cupping of my claws, as if you were intended to nestle yourself in my palm to sleep. But you didn't stay still for long.

As I brushed your little body with my snout as you happily tried to grab it. Reshma walked over and hugged my neck. In all my years as a Doctor, with all the Mons I've seen come into this world, and with all the gifts of life in all their beauty I've had the pleasure of handing to their parents you were the strangest one I've seen. You were mine, but no one would really be able to tell.

The only physical trait you appeared to share with us were my deep black skin and Reshma's bright white skin over certain areas of you body, and my topaz eyes. If your physicality didn't exclaim your link to us, at least you having both our respective skin colors helped relieve us a little. But neither I nor Reshma cared about that. We promised that we would love you for who you were and we have every intention to do this. As you remained in my hands, trying to grab my face over and over, Reshma imposed a question about your name while still clinging to my neck. I replied with, "He has both our traits so I guess will have to compromise on something".

"No, you name him Zekerane." She suddenly exclaimed. I was surprised and responded with, "We still have time to discuss, and besides both of us are the parents so it is only fair-". She let go of me and patted the kid on his head earning a happy content sound from you little one. "He has your eyes Zekerane," she pointed out, "I would rather you give our son a name. I know you won't screw this up." She winked, causing me to blush.

I looked at our son an tried to compose myself, in a way a father bestows an honorable name upon birth. But alas, I couldn't think of any, I didn't even remember the ones I originally had. Reshma laughed at my silliness, and whispered in my ear the names I had shared with her. I tried again, but couldn't decide, This was to be your name. The name my child would bear for the rest of his existence.

"What if he didn't like it?" I thought in that moment. Then Reshma once again spoke in my ear. She told me to pick the one I liked the most. I responded with a concerned stare, and was about to give my reasons for taking time on this. She put her hands on my cheeks, looked deeply in my eyes, breathed in a deep breath, and told me to "Stop overthinking this you moron and name our kid."

Her blunt statement was unusual in her nature, but got her point across. I looked back at you. As you stared back at me with your topaz eyes, I took a deep breath. I thought through all the names I had come up with. The names I had given much thought. And with a soft voice, I gave you the name, "Vragon".

The name itself was a creation of mine. Being a splicing 'Vray' a prefix that in our tongue was reference to "radiant sunlight". The rest was merely "Dragon" from our sharing type. You smiled at hearing this, as if you actually did understand. Whether you did or didn't at the time, your face reassured my confidence and pride in my choice. I rubbed my snout on your head. You were mine child, and I loved you. While it was strange. You being an Axew, having our colors despite being an Axew, having exact copies of my eyes, and later us seeing your Averian Crest despite neither one of us being from that Original's clan. While I would dabble in finding a reason for these things, but not on your first day. You had just come, and I was going to love my son as I had intended.

I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you've finally come to me.​

I won't touch this till the prologue is done. But once it is, I will post on this ASAP. Also, I hope this paragraphing of the font helps its readability.

Bay

Years
Aw at Vragon's birth. I like the part where Reshma was like, "Stop overthinking you moron" as I was thikning the same heh. Legendaries having offspring don't bother me too much since there are been instances in various canon sources where that is a thing, but I do wonder how they ended up with axew there. Guess that might be explained either here or in your other story soon?

Vragon

It's time to resume this. I hope you have fun reading it.

February 2 1019th year since primal
Journal entry 4
Speculations about you​

Despite having you around for a full two weeks, I admit that I still haven?t fully adapted to having you here. Now, not that you being here is having a negative impact on me and Reshma?s lives, but you being our first child shows full well how little we grasp as parents. While I have been around babies, I?ve never lived with one. However, I and Reshma are slowly understanding how to take care of you and what you need from us.

During our time tending to you as parents, I?ve somehow found time to think long and hard about the reason of why you exist as the way you do. While I never could come up with a solid hypothesis about you, I do have some speculations on the matter.

First, your colors correspond with mine and Reshma?s along with you inheriting my eyes no doubt confirms you have us in you. However the crest on your right arm, being from the original clan of Averia, is a curious thing. While its existence to begin with is an act against the laws of biological inheritance, it could mean that you have Averian blood in you. While neither I nor Reshma have any, you do; undeniably Averians are the only ones that possess such a crest as well. I have heard of a legend passed down in Averian culture from my trips to their capital, Evar Voca.

You see, their ancestor that began the Averian?s was a powerful Garchomp named Aegis. He was one of the Five Originals, a title they were called a millennia ago. Yes, they existed in the early times of our world. It was recorded that regular mons felt threatened by the clans, the main collection of them being on the continent Vextrien. The five went to this place to pacify them. However as their legend records they were attacked yet they mustered their strength and destroyed their physical existence. In doing so they remained alive, waiting to reincarnate into the new Originals. I do hope I?m wrong about this. It troubles me to think that a powerful mon as we was described would be in such a na?ve youth like yourself.

Second, despite my previous speculation there is the matter of you being an Axew. I do admit that again I can only leave this to speculation only. My theory is that something affected your genetics while in your egg. There wasn?t anything unusual about your egg, yet you came out as a different Dragon type, but a Dragon type nonetheless. I theory about it.

Now to the east from my home country is a country called Iccerion there is a legendary Pok?mon that has ruled it since its inception. The mon is a Kyurem that is known by his people as Prime Winter. The link I?m making is an old story regarding him. It is said that, he, the first Zekrom, the first Reshiram, and another Dragon were part of a being known as Le Pendragon. This Mythic being was said to be one with the chaotic energy in the world called the Dragon Force. While not exactly, stable this energy is responsible for many things running properly in our world. Since I am a direct descendant of the first Zekrom and Reshma for the first Reshiram it is possible that the Dragon Force could have affected you. Of course this would normally be a ludicrous claim, yet due to your crest I do have some reason to not rule out this possibility.

While I don?t understand why you are you, I know well that I?m happy with you. You have such an interesting demeanor and natural sense of curiosity. Reshma has told me that these behaviors reflect mine to some degree. Silly as it may be coming from her, I do wonder if this is true or not. It would ease my mind if you had more things relating to me and my mate rather than something undetermined.

I love you Vragon and I want you to have a good future. Perhaps I?m just being worrisome. But if I can put my thoughts aside for a moment and just be honest with you Vragon, you have some purpose. I don?t attribute this to legends or myths. Neither define your future by theories or claims. I believe you have a purpose since you seem so gifted in my eyes. You already look around your world with a fascination and curious gaze. You will forge an incredible future for yourself, Vragon. You might even surpass me your father. The though makes me feel glad rather than being a goal to be met. Maybe I?m just an over thinker as Reshma reminds me often, but I really can?t wait till you are older. Not that I don?t want you the way you are, but that I can?t wait to pass on what I know to you. Can?t wait to get to know you more and you know me. I want our bond to be strong. As strong as Aegis, no even stronger. I want you to step from my shadow and become better than me by your own power.
Vragon,
I have high hopes for you. My little Axew.​

Bay

Years
This entry is more or less on the father's theories as to why Vragon is an Axew, so not much to go by at the moment. I thought it would get more into detail the joys of taking care a baby Pokemon heh. But anyways, the part with crest does caught my interest, even if I don't get the full picture. That could be something important.

Vragon

I do apologize for the lacking of posting, but I spent the weekend on a non-Wi-Fi access so there's that. Plus work is still prevalent in my life. I'm really glad that people are still reading my stuff and that I hope you all understand that I do have a life outside this place. As much as I love writing, I can't deny it strains the brain when your tired.

February 13 1019th year since primal
Journal entry 5​

Despite how small you are, you certainly are a handful. Not only are you in need of the basic desideratum of such a child your age, but you have developed quite the curiosity. Just yesterday I was letting you explore the extents of my study, while I was going over my notes from past experiments dating years before your inception. I took a second to check on where you were, just to spot a slight opening in the door; the door I had locked. If only you could imagine the fright that snared my mind, as I practically stumbled out of my chair to go after you. To my dismay, Reshma found you first. I felt quite guilty with a hint of relief that my spouse isn?t as riveted by distractions as I am.

Another example of your behavior being slightly taxing on my sanity was when I was out getting some seeds for Reshma. I took you along with me, to give you a broad experience outdoors. I had placed you on my head while I walked through the plains to the seed fields. As I we were on our mini journey we happened to pass under a few trees. Once we had gotten past the low hanging branches, I moved my hand up to shield you from the sun?s illumination after being in the shade for a few minutes. I was shocked to not feel you there and it wasn?t till I turned around that I spied you on one of the branches. You were full of energy and life; your eyes sparkling with excitement. I couldn?t get mad at you for doing this, despite how it worried me. I just merely picked off the branch, placed you on my shoulder, and continued on our way.

Despite the episodes of either you disappearing from my sight in a mere glance away, getting into places where you shouldn?t, and even getting into my lab a few times I can?t lie that I?m partially intrigued at your steady curiosity mindset. It?s a guilty pleasure of mine to try and figure out the ways you manage to achieve such maneuvers or movements. I?ve told Reshma that it?s for the purpose of figuring the issue so it won?t happen again, but I?m agog to understanding where and how you do these things. It makes me happy to see that my son is already active, despite how you scare me on an almost daily basis.

Of course you have other attributes to your personality than merely getting into trouble for curiosity. Despite you being small, I can already tell you will have a great heart. You enjoy yourself when around me or Reshma and have an abundance in laughter when residing on my snout staring into my eyes. I haven?t found an accurate word to describe the way we feel when both of us stare at each other?s eyes, but I can say that it is like I?m staring at a joyful me. The ?me? way back when I first met Reshma. Way back when before I lost my Mother to illness. Way back when I was a child too.

Staring at youth, just makes me feel somewhat younger. I know this is merely me adjusting to you and the effects of you being here, but I will say this is somewhat of a guilty pleasure. I do continue in my Synergy research, but when I see you at my door I can?t help but pick you up and plop you on my snout. Your little ?coo? and cuddling my snout is the most intimate thing I have with you. It makes me somewhat sad to know one day you won?t be able to do this with me anymore. Though it would be nice to not have to worry about Reshma laughing like a Zoroark playing a joke when she stumbles upon our ?Father and Son moment? as she has officially named it.

I?m glad I have you Vragon. I know this is getting repetitious, but I can?t help but say it. You have changed my world, even if ever so slightly. Bringing a child into the world is one thing, but having a child brought by the mon I love and myself included is a peaceful period in our lives. When you?ve grown into an amazing mon that I know you will be, I'll always remember what you and I had when you were a child. The events you would have growing up and how glad I will be to have you. Even Reshma confessed to me that even when you?ve grown up you will always be her little Axew. I too will always look back to see you when you were this small, when I see you Vragon. I?ll always remember the feeling we had, the feeling we felt form the touch, and the gleam I see in your eyes. I?m glad you have my Topaz eyes; I wouldn?t want anyone else but my children to have them. Heh, I?m getting old it seems, despite being only in my thirties.

Course Reshma has already started going on about who you would mate with and have children with. The little mons that would be our grandchildren in her arms cooing like you did. While I?ve been known to overthink things, Reshma has been known to overdo things. Take your time Vragon, when you?ve ready to grow up and it?s your time we?ll be ready along with you.​

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Of course you have other attributes to your person than merely getting into trouble for curiosity.

Person sounds a bit weird. You mean personality? Otherewise, you can probably get away with just, "other attributes than merely (etc)."

When you?ve grown into an amazing mon, Reshma has already confessed to me, that even when you?ve grown up you will always be her little Axew.

I think this part is a bit wordy and could sound more natural. Something like, "Reshma has already confessed to me that you will always be her little Axew, even when you've grown up."

I think I like this journal entry better because it references some cute moments Zekerane had with Vragon, like whenever Vragon goes to Zekerane's office. Kind amusing that Reshma's already thinking of grandchildren, lol.

Vragon

I feel I should clarify something. These entries don't go by day basis, but rather in important events. So I do think this one is indeed an important event. So if you see a time jump or what not, it merely is jumping to more focused times and/or important events. Thanks!

May 20 1023rd year since primal
Journal Entry 36

To think you?re four now and learning to talk. Reshma has informed me how she enjoys teaching you words. She also tells me that you?ve made great progress. Such as picking up basic ones rather quickly like ?Mama?, ?House? and ?Food? and binding them to their meaning in less than a week.

Course, she is much more effective in teaching you than me. For example, Reshma wanted me to teach you ?Papa?, but when I repeated the word along with pointing to myself, you just tilted your head, confused. I finally gave up trying after you became too drowsy to continue. I might have made a little headway, if Reshma would have stopped giggling at my poor display, causing you to join with her in laughing. However, I can?t deny that she was indeed accurate about teaching you speak as an ?adorable experience?.

Unfortunately my lacking in proper teaching for you happened in your walking training. Despite my trying to get you to come to me, you?d always just fall on my snout as if you preferred to just lay on it. I take this as a sign of affection of course. Though, it?s a little frustrating that I seem to be more of a hindrance to teaching you. I won?t claim expertise and the lacking of results of my teachings is your fault, but you seem more interested in just playing with my face rather than keeping up progress. I keep telling myself, ?you?re just a child at this stage so it?s natural you?d take a while to reach your pre-concrete operational stage?, but I can?t help but get a little annoyed that you are years away from it now. I don?t say this since you are doing extremely well, but that I?m showing signs of being a hindrance.

Maybe it?s parental insecurity taking effect again. Reshma keeps telling me to stop being silly and help her bring you up. Her affirmation is probably one of the reasons I get anything outside my field done or don?t let discouragement ruin my attempts to do things.

Despite the revelation that I do distract you, I?m glad that you enjoy being around me. I tend to be a worry heart about the future, what you will be like and if you?ll still like me as a father. Your smile at me dashes these things. But something that happened recently meant so much to me.

I acquired a seasonal cold and had to stay away from you and Reshma. You definitely protested this with your crying and wanting to go into my room. In fact I had to make sure you didn?t come in. I was determined to beat this cold quickly to see you again if not just to stop feeling symptoms. I don?t know who was happier you or I, when we were reunited. Apparently in my absence, Reshma taught you to say ?Papa? and you kept on repeating it as if to show your progress. I was happy and gave you the best snout nuzzle I could.

Another thing was when Reshma was teaching you to say your name. You got pretty good at saying ?Vragon? in quite the record time in my opinion. Reshma showed me this by saying ?Name? and pointing to you. You said your name with confidence, as if to exceed my expectations more than they already were. I was about to show how proud I was with another ?snout ride?, as Reshma called it, till you suddenly pointed at me and said, ?Name?. I paused for a second, leaned closely and softly articulated ?Zekerane?. You uttered, ?Zekrane? with glee. You looked so happy about this accomplishment that I didn?t even try to correct you. I admit, I was too caught up in the moment to care if you got it exactly right. Course, if I?d known that name would be what you would call me up till present day, I probably would have taken action.

You?re learning well and starting to grow. You are making me so proud in your progress and how you?ve put words to things rather well. I can?t wait to see how much more my little ?Genius? will surprise me, my little Vragon.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
Aw, Vragon learning his first words (Vragon in this story not you lol but you already know that). Yeah, best not to spread your germs to your kid haha. I admit to scratching my head over what Zekerane meant by "pre-concrete operational stage". He meant evolution?

Sorry this took a while, got distracted by holiday stuff and side writing projects!

Back