• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Stigma Version | Completed Beta 1.6

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
Years
Pokémon Stigma Version​
stigma11.png
Introduction
Hey everyone, welcome to Pokémon Stigma, our first ROM hack! We've been working on this fellow since 2013 and we finally managed to finish it. So, Pokémon Stigma is a Fire Red hack (english 1.0) , with heavy focus on its story.
It is not perfect by any means, but we really think it is worth your while . The game is 100% COMPLETED, and currently in BETA state. This means that you can play throughout the whole story, while we will be waiting for your feedback regarding possible bugs and your experience with the game in general. We would like to thank you all for playing, and we hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: This game may contain harsh language, depending on your taste. Please consider it PG-15 :D

Update: As of today, we are no longer working on the project (Beta 1.6). We would like to thank you all for playing our ROM! We really appreciate your feedback 😄 We would also like to thank anyone who produced content for the hack online! Hope you had a good time playing Pokemon Stigma, and looking forward to seeing you again with another project!

Story

Our story takes place in the Kanto Region, where you begin your journey as a Pokémon Trainer in Lavender Town. Following the appearance of a hooded man in Pokémon Tower, the whole region is now facing a great threat: a form of mysterious virus that turns Trainers and their Pokémon into mindless ghouls. It is up to you and your trusty friends, Selena and Erik, to find the roots of evil and spoil Team Nihilus' plan. But who is your ally and who is your enemy in this adventure? You will meet the enigmatic scientist Lumos who is trying to find a cure for the virus, Kanto's Clergy and Great Sage Stephano who is working towards his own agenda, powerful Gym Leaders, divine deities who will try to deceive you. The enemy forces are on the move, and the faith of the world rests in your hands.

Features

• New story, based on creepy pastas, fan theories, famous glitches and general Pokémon lore
  • Custom sprites, maps and overworlds
  • Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh & Unova
  • 8 Gym Badges and Elite Four
  • Characters from the main games, such as May, Dawn, Brendan and Ethan
  • Custom evolutions
  • Slightly changed color pallets

Screenshots

iurH77l.png
GSFHWlO.png
HF5kCHi.png

I0QMHrh.png
N5HwTr5.png
FMTSDTw.png

RD9BH0V.png
TfQFwqS.png
tmBh7Fb.png

qrFOdiK.png
KI41BUO.png
ki87ZvV.png

Custom Evolutions

Spoiler:

If you have no idea how to enter the Clergy HQ in Saffron City, take a look here:
Spoiler:

Just some friendly tips
Spoiler:

Credits

• Scarlet D. (Developer,Maps)
  • Megacyber [JakeMajin] (Story, Sprites, OWs, Maps)
  • Special thanks to: Kakos Xamos (story), Solidius (sprites), Sapphire Wolf (Pokedex), H4x0r4k0s (mapping)

Changelog
Spoiler:

Download Current Release (Beta 1.6)
Attachment below​

Attachments

• Pokemon Stigma Beta 1.6.ips
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,061
Last edited:

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
Years
Does this hack have the physical/special split?

There are no major changes on the battle system of the 3rd gen, the only difference you may see is that you no longer take poison damage outside battle.

Hey there, I think you might have forgotten to attach your patch to the post?

Actually there must have been an issue cause i attached the actual ROM rather than a patch, the topic just got submitted by mods and i couldn't do any edits before that so I will start shortly ^^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Having trainers with perfect IV Pokemon and using Full Restore before you even challenge the first gym leader, then the gym leader using Full Restore on his perfect IV Sentret? Combine that with some Outlaw-wannabe edgy dialogue? I'm not enjoying this hack, and it's too quick to judge because I haven't beaten the first gym leader. Maybe I would have if I chose Magby, there's such a bias against Gible, it feels like.

For a while I was thinking that I'm just a trash player getting losses this early, but with the grievances I said earlier, I don't think so. The least you could do is state that this is probably a difficult game.

Edit: Make it so that you can run anywhere. Not running indoors is lame, but even worse is not being able to run on routes randomly, such as Route 1.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
You should give a profanity warning in the thread, or even at the start of the hack. I couldn't make it past the intro, sorry. Too much profanity for my taste. :(

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 29, 2020
Having trainers with perfect IV Pokemon and using Full Restore before you even challenge the first gym leader, then the gym leader using Full Restore on his perfect IV Sentret? Combine that with some Outlaw-wannabe edgy dialogue? I'm not enjoying this hack, and it's too quick to judge because I haven't beaten the first gym leader. Maybe I would have if I chose Magby, there's such a bias against Gible, it feels like.

For a while I was thinking that I'm just a trash player getting losses this early, but with the grievances I said earlier, I don't think so. The least you could do is state that this is probably a difficult game.

Edit: Make it so that you can run anywhere. Not running indoors is lame, but even worse is not being able to run on routes randomly, such as Route 1.
Thanks for the feedback! We addressed those issues on today's release

You should give a profanity warning in the thread, or even at the start of the hack. I couldn't make it past the intro, sorry. Too much profanity for my taste. :(
Warning added, thanks for noticing!

1) How to evolve kirlia into gallame?
2) How to evolve budew?
1) Gallade is not currently in the game
2) Via friendship, as normal :)

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
any complete Hack is a welcome hack! thank you very much.

Last edited:

Scarlet D.

The Eternal
Years
Oh gosh! It's been a while since a completed hack popped up! Downloaded and started playing!

hahaha just hold your horses for a second there I was just gonna upload a new version of the ROM with minor fixes!

edit: new patch uploaded! Have fun!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 31, 2019
I'm playing vanilla version and I have found several bugs, will keep you updated.

So, first:
Spoiler:
The thing is that you can use Fly from there, I tried flying to Lavender Town and entering the tower again, the game froze.

Second:
Victory Road ladders are bugged, had to use walk through walls cheat to actually progress.

But overall I really like this hack
So if I gonna find some more bugs I will write here.

@Edit.
Just beat the last guy, the game was amazing :D

Another one:
If you go to a house next to PC in Vermillion Town after beating the game, the game will restart.

Questions time:
There is any postgame content?
Was there any possibility to get a Exp. Share?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 29, 2020
I'm playing vanilla version and I have found several bugs, will keep you updated.

So, first:
Spoiler:
The thing is that you can use Fly from there, I tried flying to Lavender Town and entering the tower again, the game froze.

Second:
Victory Road ladders are bugged, had to use walk through walls cheat to actually progress.

But overall I really like this hack
So if I gonna find some more bugs I will write here.

@Edit.
Just beat the last guy, the game was amazing :D

Another one:
If you go to a house next to PC in Vermillion Town after beating the game, the game will restart.

Questions time:
There is any postgame content?
Was there any possibility to get a Exp. Share?

Thanks for playing throughout the whole game, hope you had a good time! We will be addressing the bugs you mentioned on the next patch
Regarding your questions: 1. there is currently no postgame content and 2. you can get an Exp. Share from one of the Prof's Aides :)

Back