• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harvest Moon Tool Kit (HMTK)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
The fishing system should already be there and working, albeit a little buggy. If you go to the mountain and talk to the fisherman, he'll give you a fishing pole. You can use it in the water right next to him, or in the lake at the bottom of the mine.

In the very first post of this thread, I have a section that outlines what functionality is already in place. I try to keep it updated, so you should be able to see what is and isn't finished by checking there. There's quite a bit of other info there as well, so it may be helpful to check it out.

But whenever i tried to use my fishing rod it won't work. The character do nothing. I tried went to beach and got nothing

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
But whenever i tried to use my fishing rod it won't work. The character do nothing. I tried went to beach and got nothing
Looks like that one's a bug. I recently re-wrote large portions of tool code and abstracted some things, but didn't get around to updating the fishing pole. In the Fishing_Rod class, you just need to find the use method and make this the first line of that method: super(x,y,tool_charge). That should fix your issue. If you were to walk into the water, instead of standing next to it, you would actually be able to use it as well.

Also note that fishing is terrain tag based. Terrain tag 1 identifies water as having fish, so any tile you assign that tag to will allow the fishing pole to be used. You can't, for instance, fish in the watering hole on the farm. This is because it uses terrain tag 2 (for refilling the watering can) instead of terrain tag 1.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Looks like that one's a bug. I recently re-wrote large portions of tool code and abstracted some things, but didn't get around to updating the fishing pole. In the Fishing_Rod class, you just need to find the use method and make this the first line of that method: super(x,y,tool_charge). That should fix your issue. If you were to walk into the water, instead of standing next to it, you would actually be able to use it as well.

Also note that fishing is terrain tag based. Terrain tag 1 identifies water as having fish, so any tile you assign that tag to will allow the fishing pole to be used. You can't, for instance, fish in the watering hole on the farm. This is because it uses terrain tag 2 (for refilling the watering can) instead of terrain tag 1.

Okay Fixed...also i think there's an error on when getting Junk item and i tried to add Junk item on Fish Data module and it work. Is this add thing okay?

And when we get squid there's double character bug. The one is holding squid while the other still fishing but on 2-3 second the one who still fishing gone.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Okay Fixed...also i think there's an error on when getting Junk item and i tried to add Junk item on Fish Data module and it work. Is this add thing okay?

And when we get squid there's double character bug. The one is holding squid while the other still fishing but on 2-3 second the one who still fishing gone.
I discovered the issue with junk items about 2 weeks ago, and have a fix for that as well. In the Tools section around line 605, you'll see item=[rand(Fish_Data::Junk[0].length)-1,0].max. Fish_Data needs to be changed to Item_Data. Junk used to be in the Fish_Data module, but I pulled it out recently. Your approach would work but you also need to create all of the junk entries there if you do that. They already exist in the Item_Data module though, so it's not necessary.

The double sprite bug seems to occur if you reel in too quickly. I've confirmed that it happens with any fish. I'll work on that for the next release.

Thanks for keeping up with the bug finding!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
I discovered the issue with junk items about 2 weeks ago, and have a fix for that as well. In the Tools section around line 605, you'll see item=[rand(Fish_Data::Junk[0].length)-1,0].max. Fish_Data needs to be changed to Item_Data. Junk used to be in the Fish_Data module, but I pulled it out recently. Your approach would work but you also need to create all of the junk entries there if you do that. They already exist in the Item_Data module though, so it's not necessary.

The double sprite bug seems to occur if you reel in too quickly. I've confirmed that it happens with any fish. I'll work on that for the next release.

Thanks for keeping up with the bug finding![/QUOTE
I think thats ocurred not only when fishing other tools like hoe also like that. I try to press the working button repeatedly and walk around and the graphic would double itself and sometime would freeze the game.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I think thats ocurred not only when fishing other tools like hoe also like that. I try to press the working button repeatedly and walk around and the graphic would double itself and sometime would freeze the game.
Ah I remember that. So the problem there is with the way that animations work. I have it hide the player, play an animation from the standard RMXP database (I think fishing may be a little different), and then make the player appear again. The animations sometimes behave a little funny though, so I'll have to mess with them in general to get them working overall.

The freezing on tool usage is one I've encountered on rare occasions, but I haven't found the circumstances in which it actually happens. It may take some time to figure out the deal there.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Ah I remember that. So the problem there is with the way that animations work. I have it hide the player, play an animation from the standard RMXP database (I think fishing may be a little different), and then make the player appear again. The animations sometimes behave a little funny though, so I'll have to mess with them in general to get them working overall.

The freezing on tool usage is one I've encountered on rare occasions, but I haven't found the circumstances in which it actually happens. It may take some time to figure out the deal there.

Well on my case it only happen twice. But maybe after the graphic fixed freeze wouldn't be there again

Years
Don't want to ask such a stupid question, but how to you access the Settings? I want to move the heart portraits over just a little, anddd how can you replace the character portraits? I want to use the ones from HMDS, but if I go and save them into the file, they're nowhere to be seen on the main RPG XP game.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Don't want to ask such a stupid question, but how to you access the Settings? I want to move the heart portraits over just a little, anddd how can you replace the character portraits? I want to use the ones from HMDS, but if I go and save them into the file, they're nowhere to be seen on the main RPG XP game.
To get to the Settings area, open RMXP and either press the Script Editor icon in the menu or press F11. If you scroll down the list of classes on the left, you'll see ===Harvest Moon Utilities==, and right below that is Settings. Clicking that will open the Settings where you can make any desired changes.

Note that moving the graphics around isn't quite so straightforward. You actually have to edit the message system a little to accomplish this. Two sections down from Settings is Text_Window. Click on that and find lines 84 and 85. It should look like this:
Code:
@heart.x=Graphics.width-152-[COLOR=Red]24[/COLOR]
@heart.y=Graphics.height-120-[COLOR=Red]24[/COLOR]
You can update the numbers in red until it's in the position you like.

To replace the character portraits, you first need to make sure that the appropriate picture exists in the Graphics/Faces folder. It must have the exact same name as the villager it will show up for. So for Ann, it must be named Ann.png, and for Ellen it must be Ellen.png. To find out for sure which name you need, go back to the script editor (F11) and scroll down until you see --------Data Modules----------. Just below that is a section called Villagers. When you open that section, there should be an array at the very top that looks like this:
Code:
Names=
[
    0 => ["Ann"],
    1 => ["Ellen"],
    2 => ["Eve"],
    3 => ["Maria"],
    4 => ["Nina"],
    5 => ["Mayor"]
]
These represent the in-game names of the various villages. The name of your face graphics must match exactly with the name in this array. So long as everything matches up, you should see your new face graphic instead of the default ones I included. Also note that if you are adding a new villager, there will be a little more work involved. There will be several places in this script section that have to be updated to make a fully functional villager, but you can refer to the existing examples there to see how it's done.

Well on my case it only happen twice. But maybe after the graphic fixed freeze wouldn't be there again
If you happen to figure out the exact circumstances in which it happens next time (i.e. using two different tools consecutively, using one tool too fast, or targeting a specific tile, etc), let me know and I'll check it out. It may just an issue with the built in RMXP animation functionality. It's given me some other strange issues, such as defaulting to sub instead of normal which distorts the color of the images. It may be easier to write a custom animations handler instead, but that would take some time.

Years
To get to the Settings area, open RMXP and either press the Script Editor icon in the menu or press F11. If you scroll down the list of classes on the left, you'll see ===Harvest Moon Utilities==, and right below that is Settings. Clicking that will open the Settings where you can make any desired changes.

Note that moving the graphics around isn't quite so straightforward. You actually have to edit the message system a little to accomplish this. Two sections down from Settings is Text_Window. Click on that and find lines 84 and 85. It should look like this:
Code:
@heart.x=Graphics.width-152-[COLOR=Red]24[/COLOR]
@heart.y=Graphics.height-120-[COLOR=Red]24[/COLOR]
You can update the numbers in red until it's in the position you like.

To replace the character portraits, you first need to make sure that the appropriate picture exists in the Graphics/Faces folder. It must have the exact same name as the villager it will show up for. So for Ann, it must be named Ann.png, and for Ellen it must be Ellen.png. To find out for sure which name you need, go back to the script editor (F11) and scroll down until you see --------Data Modules----------. Just below that is a section called Villagers. When you open that section, there should be an array at the very top that looks like this:
Code:
Names=
[
    0 => ["Ann"],
    1 => ["Ellen"],
    2 => ["Eve"],
    3 => ["Maria"],
    4 => ["Nina"],
    5 => ["Mayor"]
]
These represent the in-game names of the various villages. The name of your face graphics must match exactly with the name in this array. So long as everything matches up, you should see your new face graphic instead of the default ones I included. Also note that if you are adding a new villager, there will be a little more work involved. There will be several places in this script section that have to be updated to make a fully functional villager, but you can refer to the existing examples there to see how it's done.

If you happen to figure out the exact circumstances in which it happens next time (i.e. using two different tools consecutively, using one tool too fast, or targeting a specific tile, etc), let me know and I'll check it out. It may just an issue with the built in RMXP animation functionality. It's given me some other strange issues, such as defaulting to sub instead of normal which distorts the color of the images. It may be easier to write a custom animations handler instead, but that would take some time.

Alright! Figured out how to move the hearts around, and I'm experimenting with the villagers...Trying to insert Karen now... I have two more questions, and then I'll scram...

1) Is increasing the speed the hearts beat possible? It'd probably be in the settings too, correct?

2) What is the script or event that is being activated to make all the weeds, sticks, and stones appear on the farm? I'd like to apply that to areas in my game to make farm plots available all over the mountain, but I want sticks and stones to be there, first.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Alright! Figured out how to move the hearts around, and I'm experimenting with the villagers...Trying to insert Karen now... I have two more questions, and then I'll scram...

1) Is increasing the speed the hearts beat possible? It'd probably be in the settings too, correct?

2) What is the script or event that is being activated to make all the weeds, sticks, and stones appear on the farm? I'd like to apply that to areas in my game to make farm plots available all over the mountain, but I want sticks and stones to be there, first.
If you want to change the speed at which the hearts animate, you'll need to go back to that Text_Window section (the same place you moved the hearts around), and on line 110 you should see if @frame_count % 10 == 0. You can change the 10 to another number to adjust the speed. If you set it to 5, for example, it should animate at double speed. Setting it to 20 should cut the speed in half.

The code that spawns weeds, sticks, etc is stored in a handful of methods; one for each type of item. They are in my custom Game_Map section under --------Extensions--------, and are named spawn_weeds, spawn_rocks, spawn_sticks, spawn_boulders, and spawn_stumps. These methods specifically target the basic tillable soil tile, so you must be using that tile for it to work. To add your desired maps to the list of those that are targeted by this functionality, you can find references to FARM_MAP_NAME in the code and add the names of your maps as conditions. This will also allow your tools to work as well, as they are designed to only function on the farm or in the Greenhouse at the moment (which you'll see in the upcoming release).

I would, however, advise against doing that just yet. You may run into an issue with the initial spawn, as right now it flags the map has having spawned everything on the first day when you first enter the farm, and subsequently won't perform that routine ever again in that playthrough (unless I add that functionality to typhoons). Disabling this will cause repetitive spawning and over-crowd your farm each time you visit it, namely if you don't visit ALL other maps that you want this functionality for on the first day too. I'll work out a change so that you can specify all maps this can occur on, instead of strictly on the farm. It should be ready in the next release.

If you want a solution that will hold you over in the mean time, you can call those methods in an event. Just setup an autorun event and put this in a script command:
Code:
$game_map.spawn_stumps
$game_map.spawn_boulders
$game_map.spawn_weeds
$game_map.spawn_rocks
$game_map.spawn_sticks
This will only run once though, so weeds won't spawn there daily. That's handled in the next_day method which will require a little bit of logic to support arbitrary maps.

Years
If you want to change the speed at which the hearts animate, you'll need to go back to that Text_Window section (the same place you moved the hearts around), and on line 110 you should see if @frame_count % 10 == 0. You can change the 10 to another number to adjust the speed. If you set it to 5, for example, it should animate at double speed. Setting it to 20 should cut the speed in half.

The code that spawns weeds, sticks, etc is stored in a handful of methods; one for each type of item. They are in my custom Game_Map section under --------Extensions--------, and are named spawn_weeds, spawn_rocks, spawn_sticks, spawn_boulders, and spawn_stumps. These methods specifically target the basic tillable soil tile, so you must be using that tile for it to work. To add your desired maps to the list of those that are targeted by this functionality, you can find references to FARM_MAP_NAME in the code and add the names of your maps as conditions. This will also allow your tools to work as well, as they are designed to only function on the farm or in the Greenhouse at the moment (which you'll see in the upcoming release).

I would, however, advise against doing that just yet. You may run into an issue with the initial spawn, as right now it flags the map has having spawned everything on the first day when you first enter the farm, and subsequently won't perform that routine ever again in that playthrough (unless I add that functionality to typhoons). Disabling this will cause repetitive spawning and over-crowd your farm each time you visit it, namely if you don't visit ALL other maps that you want this functionality for on the first day too. I'll work out a change so that you can specify all maps this can occur on, instead of strictly on the farm. It should be ready in the next release.

If you want a solution that will hold you over in the mean time, you can call those methods in an event. Just setup an autorun event and put this in a script command:
Code:
$game_map.spawn_stumps
$game_map.spawn_boulders
$game_map.spawn_weeds
$game_map.spawn_rocks
$game_map.spawn_sticks
This will only run once though, so weeds won't spawn there daily. That's handled in the next_day method which will require a little bit of logic to support arbitrary maps.

Alright! I got the hearts at the speed I want, and I'm trying to look into doing a Dual screen game, which would be cool. (I want to give it an HMDS feel).

Implementing a save state would be cool, too. My game freezes when I access the diary's save state. :) Everything takes time, though.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Alright! I got the hearts at the speed I want, and I'm trying to look into doing a Dual screen game, which would be cool. (I want to give it an HMDS feel).

Implementing a save state would be cool, too. My game freezes when I access the diary's save state. :) Everything takes time, though.
For dual screen, you may be able to nab the code from a dual screen script floating around. I don't imagine it would be that hard. Just make sure you give credits to whoever made it ;)

I keep forgetting to fix the save/load function. It's been broken for, literally, years D: I may try and get it going pretty soon. I think I'll post my ever-increasing TODO list at some point for everyone to check out. Some of it's easy stuff that doesn't require code that I can't be bothered to do until everything else is working. If I can get others to volunteer bits of help here and there it'll be done all the sooner.

Years
For dual screen, you may be able to nab the code from a dual screen script floating around. I don't imagine it would be that hard. Just make sure you give credits to whoever made it ;)

I keep forgetting to fix the save/load function. It's been broken for, literally, years D: I may try and get it going pretty soon. I think I'll post my ever-increasing TODO list at some point for everyone to check out. Some of it's easy stuff that doesn't require code that I can't be bothered to do until everything else is working. If I can get others to volunteer bits of help here and there it'll be done all the sooner.

I'm in the process of finding a dual screen code, but implementing it might be tricky for me since I don't have too much experience, but I'll try! If you can look into the saving, that'd be awesome! I'd love to be able to save my progress. I'd try and help with that I could, but like I said, I don't have the most experience with coding...Most of the time, I go into RPG XP games blind and fiddle around with stuff and try to perform new things.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I'm in the process of finding a dual screen code, but implementing it might be tricky for me since I don't have too much experience, but I'll try! If you can look into the saving, that'd be awesome! I'd love to be able to save my progress. I'd try and help with that I could, but like I said, I don't have the most experience with coding...Most of the time, I go into RPG XP games blind and fiddle around with stuff and try to perform new things.
No worries, a lot of the stuff the game still needs isn't even code. I've got most of the core functionality down, so I'm not too worried about scripting help now. Resources are probably one of the main things. I've ripped or created the vast majority of the graphics I'm using, but I'm still missing a lot since ripping from the SNES emulator and adding to the tilesets is tedious. I also have a severe lack of sound effects and BGM. Animations are also a big one. I've done several of them, but there's plenty more.

Of course, even something as simple as trying to make a game with the kit and seeing what's missing or too confusing can be a big help. I should be simplifying custom components like villagers, animals, crops, etc pretty soon, so that adding/removing them will be easier for fangames going forward. Right now though, it's all still code based.

Years
No worries, a lot of the stuff the game still needs isn't even code. I've got most of the core functionality down, so I'm not too worried about scripting help now. Resources are probably one of the main things. I've ripped or created the vast majority of the graphics I'm using, but I'm still missing a lot since ripping from the SNES emulator and adding to the tilesets is tedious. I also have a severe lack of sound effects and BGM. Animations are also a big one. I've done several of them, but there's plenty more.

Of course, even something as simple as trying to make a game with the kit and seeing what's missing or too confusing can be a big help. I should be simplifying custom components like villagers, animals, crops, etc pretty soon, so that adding/removing them will be easier for fangames going forward. Right now though, it's all still code based.

Hmmm alright, would changing the screen size be possible? I keep seeing answers saying you need a script, but I'm sure there's easier ways to do it...

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2015
Can we battle again monster in this game like rune factory?

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Hmmm alright, would changing the screen size be possible? I keep seeing answers saying you need a script, but I'm sure there's easier ways to do it...
Yes, changing the screen size is definitely possible. It does however require a script because of the way everything was designed in RMXP. I'll look around a bit and try and find a good one that I can officially support for this project. However, please be warned that changing screen sizes can very quickly become sticky business. Often times the majority of your menus will need to be completely overhauled to fit a new size, and maps may even need to be re-designed to capture an appropriate level of detail. You can find some recent discussion on this topic elsewhere in Game Dev here on PC to see what you may be facing.

I do want to officially change the resolution of this project though, so perhaps now is as good a time as any to try and finalize one. If I can get some suggestions on what would be the best screen resolution all around, I will try to officially implement it into the kit so that no one else will have to go through the headache unless they want a completely different size. The sooner this is decided upon and built into the project, the easier it will be.

Can we battle again monster in this game like rune factory?
Yes, and I do have a little bit of information regarding that in the first post of this thread. It should be noted, however, that there is no Rune Factory specific functionality. I am first and foremost building this as a Harvest Moon kit, while at the same time striving to leave any and all default functionality completely intact and functional. This includes the RMXP battle system, which should still work perfectly fine and entirely separate from anything I've added.

It may also be possible to use some of the custom RMXP battle systems developed by others, if you need something more true to the official games. I can't guarantee this though, as I have made some fairly extensive changes that are bound to produce compatibility issues somewhere. Once the Harvest Moon functionality is finished, I may look into developing some Rune Factory functionality. I haven't played any of them (yet) though, so I'm not an expert on that functionality. If there's a particular game that really captures the spirit of Rune Factory (much like Harvest Moon 64 is the very essence of Harvest Moon), I would be more inclined to play and implement features from that one. It will likely be one of the earlier Rune Factory games, with less of the added frills and more focus on the core mechanics.

NOTE: I've found what appears to be causing the freezing on tool use. It seems that a couple of tools have some issues that need to be worked out with tool charging, such as the watering can. When charging the tool by holding the X key, instead of quickly pressing and releasing the X key to use it, this buggy code is executed and freezes the player from doing anything. If you are careful about using tools and don't hold the X key long enough to begin charging, you should not encounter this freezing issue. I'll try to address it for the next release.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Now onto business!

Version 2.2 has been released. The download link in the first post has been updated.

Here's a quick overview of what's been done:

Code:
-the greenhouse!
-added error catching for missing villager message data
-fixed error when using the hoe on a tilled tile
-fixed bug that prevented fishing pole from being used in a valid body of water
-fixed error when catching a junk item
-updated tilesets with more content
-finished ore-based tool upgrades
-added support for multiple farms with the option of separate barns, coops, lumber boxes, and greenhouses for each.
-added new settings, FARM_MAPS and GREENHOUSE_MAPS, to specify which maps (by ID) the player can farm on
-additional settings named BARN_MAPS and COOP_MAPS were added for multiple barn and coop support
-animal related logic has been optimized in various places
-removed /lumber text command in favor of Kernel.lumber_sign for optional multi lumber box support
-added support for turning without moving, based on code by Mobius XVI and SirBilly from rpgmakerweb.com
-saving and loading has been fixed
-debug databox now disabled by default
-crops are now watered automatically when it rains
-added $game_temp.face_align property to allow left or right alignment of villager faces when using Show Text
-Kernel.show_text updated to support messages within menus
-added new tool level menu similar to the one in HM:FoMT (access it from the notebook on the table in your house)
-added blacksmith with tool upgrade interface. You can find him in the new tool shop in town
-game variables 2 and 3 are now reserved for use by the blacksmith
-breaking rocks in the mine now yields a variety of items
-player can now interact with the dog and raise it's affection. Can be referenced with $dog
-can give player the dog using Kernel.get_dog, instead of having the dog by default
I've probably missed a few things in the list above, but these are the important ones. The most notable changes this time around are: saving and loading have been fixed, multiple farm support, a functional greenhouse, and tool upgrades. Other changes include a functional dog, updated maps and tilesets, the ability to turn without moving, and plenty of bug fixes.

I re-factored a ton of code when implementing multi-farm support and tool upgrades, so there may be some new bugs that weren't there before. As always, let me know if you find them so I can get them fixed.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Years
Yes, changing the screen size is definitely possible. It does however require a script because of the way everything was designed in RMXP. I'll look around a bit and try and find a good one that I can officially support for this project. However, please be warned that changing screen sizes can very quickly become sticky business. Often times the majority of your menus will need to be completely overhauled to fit a new size, and maps may even need to be re-designed to capture an appropriate level of detail. You can find some recent discussion on this topic elsewhere in Game Dev here on PC to see what you may be facing.

I do want to officially change the resolution of this project though, so perhaps now is as good a time as any to try and finalize one. If I can get some suggestions on what would be the best screen resolution all around, I will try to officially implement it into the kit so that no one else will have to go through the headache unless they want a completely different size. The sooner this is decided upon and built into the project, the easier it will be.

Yes, and I do have a little bit of information regarding that in the first post of this thread. It should be noted, however, that there is no Rune Factory specific functionality. I am first and foremost building this as a Harvest Moon kit, while at the same time striving to leave any and all default functionality completely intact and functional. This includes the RMXP battle system, which should still work perfectly fine and entirely separate from anything I've added.

It may also be possible to use some of the custom RMXP battle systems developed by others, if you need something more true to the official games. I can't guarantee this though, as I have made some fairly extensive changes that are bound to produce compatibility issues somewhere. Once the Harvest Moon functionality is finished, I may look into developing some Rune Factory functionality. I haven't played any of them (yet) though, so I'm not an expert on that functionality. If there's a particular game that really captures the spirit of Rune Factory (much like Harvest Moon 64 is the very essence of Harvest Moon), I would be more inclined to play and implement features from that one. It will likely be one of the earlier Rune Factory games, with less of the added frills and more focus on the core mechanics.

NOTE: I've found what appears to be causing the freezing on tool use. It seems that a couple of tools have some issues that need to be worked out with tool charging, such as the watering can. When charging the tool by holding the X key, instead of quickly pressing and releasing the X key to use it, this buggy code is executed and freezes the player from doing anything. If you are careful about using tools and don't hold the X key long enough to begin charging, you should not encounter this freezing issue. I'll try to address it for the next release.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Now onto business!

Version 2.2 has been released. The download link in the first post has been updated.

Here's a quick overview of what's been done:

Code:
-the greenhouse!
-added error catching for missing villager message data
-fixed error when using the hoe on a tilled tile
-fixed bug that prevented fishing pole from being used in a valid body of water
-fixed error when catching a junk item
-updated tilesets with more content
-finished ore-based tool upgrades
-added support for multiple farms with the option of separate barns, coops, lumber boxes, and greenhouses for each.
-added new settings, FARM_MAPS and GREENHOUSE_MAPS, to specify which maps (by ID) the player can farm on
-additional settings named BARN_MAPS and COOP_MAPS were added for multiple barn and coop support
-animal related logic has been optimized in various places
-removed /lumber text command in favor of Kernel.lumber_sign for optional multi lumber box support
-added support for turning without moving, based on code by Mobius XVI and SirBilly from rpgmakerweb.com
-saving and loading has been fixed
-debug databox now disabled by default
-crops are now watered automatically when it rains
-added $game_temp.face_align property to allow left or right alignment of villager faces when using Show Text
-Kernel.show_text updated to support messages within menus
-added new tool level menu similar to the one in HM:FoMT (access it from the notebook on the table in your house)
-added blacksmith with tool upgrade interface. You can find him in the new tool shop in town
-game variables 2 and 3 are now reserved for use by the blacksmith
-breaking rocks in the mine now yields a variety of items
-player can now interact with the dog and raise it's affection. Can be referenced with $dog
-can give player the dog using Kernel.get_dog, instead of having the dog by default
I've probably missed a few things in the list above, but these are the important ones. The most notable changes this time around are: saving and loading have been fixed, multiple farm support, a functional greenhouse, and tool upgrades. Other changes include a functional dog, updated maps and tilesets, the ability to turn without moving, and plenty of bug fixes.

I re-factored a ton of code when implementing multi-farm support and tool upgrades, so there may be some new bugs that weren't there before. As always, let me know if you find them so I can get them fixed.

Enjoy!

Liking the new addition! It gets better and better each time on release! I see you mentioned wanting to change the screen size... What is the size for the regular DS games? I'd love to go with something like that (mainly because that's what a lot of the sprites are sized for, the DS games).

EDIT: Found a little glitch too, by the way... When I talked to the Tool man, and talked to Elli, her sprite ended all the way where the Tool man's sprite was, leaving the beating heart on the other side.

Last edited:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
Liking the new addition! It gets better and better each time on release! I see you mentioned wanting to change the screen size... What is the size for the regular DS games? I'd love to go with something like that (mainly because that's what a lot of the sprites are sized for, the DS games).

EDIT: Found a little glitch too, by the way... When I talked to the Tool man, and talked to Elli, her sprite ended all the way where the Tool man's sprite was, leaving the beating heart on the other side.
I'll check around the general Game Development and Pokemon Essentials sections for screen resolutions. It's a topic that's been rehashed there a bit, so everything from screen sizes of the GBA and DS to arguments for or against particular sizes should be pretty easy to find. DS size does sound like it might be the best bet though. It would be a little smaller than what we have now I believe.

As for the face graphic being on the wrong side, that is a bug in the event itself. At the very end of the tool shop owner's event, you just need to add a script command: $game_temp.face_align=0. I took care of it in the code, but overlooked it in the event. I implemented face alignment this time around, so it could be on the left or right, but I did not update the code for heart rendering at the same time. I'll get that in the next release. This face alignment functionality will eventually allow multiple characters to talk in the same conversation window, with one face on either side.

Back