• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon Mystery Dungeons and Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Name: Owain (when asked about his surname, he just shakes his head).
Appearance: Other than his leaf, which has been turned a bright yellow by something he refuses to explain, Owain has the appearance of a normal Nuzleaf.
Goals/Motivations: Owain is mostly motivated by whatever he wants to do at the time (which often includes messing with people for the hell of it). He generally doesn't think ahead, except for when it's necessary, instead opting to live in the moment and have fun with whatever's going on.
Species: Nuzleaf.
Class: Druid.

I'd like to have my Knowledge Street skill be foraging, specifically for food.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Oh, it's literally the same? Well then never mind, I'ma edit for bard then.

Ok give me a moment to get the class changed around and extract the die rolls made for the character.

Your skills are Diplomacy, Perception, Survival, Knowledge (Street | ?)+, and Profession (?)+ You have the bard class power of Skills of the Wonderer which lets you choose any skill you don't have an take it as your own.
Spoiler:

So that means you'll need to pick something for a bard role for Profession as it has to be music related like musician, something for Knowledge Street and another skill!

EDIT: HERE IS THE IC!!! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9159615#post9159615

Last edited:

Xtrashy

Shy - Like really shy, super shy, like, extra shy.
Years
Ok give me a moment to get the class changed around and extract the die rolls made for the character.

Your skills are Diplomacy, Perception, Survival, Knowledge (Street | ?)+, and Profession (?)+ You have the bard class power of Skills of the Wanderer which lets you choose any skill you don't have an take it as your own.
Spoiler:

So that means you'll need to pick something for a bard role for Profession as it has to be music related like musician, something for Knowledge Street and another skill!

For Wanderer I'd like Spellcraft. For Knowledge Street I'd like it to be Stealth. And as for profession, I'll go with Panflute, a little one around her neck like a necklace.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Sweet!

Also, just to let you know, Bards and Eevee are a VERY strong starting combination. You get a certain number of moves of the three types for each Class. So Eevee Bards with their extreme starting moves at level 10, wound up with 5 Status, 1 Physical, and 1 Special for a WOPPING total of 7 moves. I plan on editing it all into the IC post for HP, Moves, Skills, and Afflictions however, it's going kinda slow xD.

drfaustfaustus

Not a real doctor
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 15, 2018
Hey, I hope it's not too late to join in?~

Name: Faust
Appearance: Faust doesn't have much interest in fashion, mostly looking like a typical Cubone. He has an off-white, faintly dirt-covered hooded sweater he occasionally wears if he's cold, or if he's aware he'll be entering an uncomfortable situation.
Goals/Motivations: To live a relatively stable life, and to help those in need. Despite this, Faust is a bit on the cowardly side, so he will subconsciously veer away from danger or conflict, and does not like to resort to violence unless necessity demands so. He sees these traits as limits, and aims to overcome them to be the best he can be.
Species: Cubone
Class: Fighter

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Hey, I hope it's not too late to join in?~

Name: Faust
Appearance: Faust doesn't have much interest in fashion, mostly looking like a typical Cubone. He has an off-white, faintly dirt-covered hooded sweater he occasionally wears if he's cold, or if he's aware he'll be entering an uncomfortable situation.
Goals/Motivations: To live a relatively stable life, and to help those in need. Despite this, Faust is a bit on the cowardly side, so he will subconsciously veer away from danger or conflict, and does not like to resort to violence unless necessity demands so. He sees these traits as limits, and aims to overcome them to be the best he can be.
Species: Cubone
Class: Fighter

Your have the skill of Perception and Maneuver, both already explained earlier in the thread.

And you have the skill of Intimidate+ which lets you re-roll intimidate once per day. This skill convinces people to listen to you because you become extremely frightening for a brief moment in conversation. This usually scars away people but can be used to get them to do stuff in a hurry.

Your Class Power: Extension of the Body. Lets you use weapons at +1 Damage. Your Weapon was set to Bone since you're a cubone.

Welcome to the game! The IC link is already posted in the OP. You and eveyrone else are free to reply. Idk why no has replied yet. :P

Years
I am going to reply first thing tomorrow. Would have posted earlier, but I was unexpectedly put in place as GM of another roleplay, which dumped a ton of work on me. :/

Plus work is always a killer. :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Oh another party member! We're up to 7!!!

Your skills:
Diplomacy, Perception, Care For/Heal+, Knowledge (Book | ?), and Profession (?).

I believe these have all been explained earlier in the ooc thread.

So once you've read up on them comeback and choose something for Knowledge Book and Profession. If you wish to make either deity related lemme know.

Years
This looks like a spectacular RP. I'll toss my character into the fray.

tumblr_mla1qgUP2q1rc2uczo3_250.gif

Name:
Thoth Manes

Appearance:
Thoth doesn't wear clothes often, because he doesn't need them. After all, he is a ghost. He'll put them on when needed.
Goals/Motivations:
Thoth is fascinated by all things magical, especially artifacts and relics. He hopes to collect many magical items to use, archive, and sell.
Species:
Misdreavus
Class:
Wizard​

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
Hello! Character number 8!

Your Skills are Spellcraft, Knowledge (Book |?)+, and Profession (?)

Earlier in the thread these skills were explained. If you read up on them you can fill them in with whatever you'd like! (Profession (?) and Knowledge (book |?) to be clear!)

Your Class Power is Magical Fascination which allows you to learn moves early by seeing them in person while also giving your best shot at spellcraft! However, if you know too many moves already it will replace an old one.

Any questions?

Xtrashy

Years
I feel as though I should ask, how does one use Spellcraft as a bard in this type of setting? What can I do with it?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
I feel as though I should ask, how does one use Spellcraft as a bard in this type of setting? What can I do with it?

Here's an example. I'll use two skills but when I use Spellcraft it's for using magic items, mechanisms, or systems of magic.

"Genji the Haunter Bard wondered how he'd lure in the crowd. The only thing standing in his way was his missing instrument, without it he couldn't use his natural talent to woo the people before him... so looks like it would come down to magic.

Thinking over his options, Genji took out a piece of chalk and started a circle on the ground, reaching all the way around the stage. Now it was time for a magic chant. He'd use his street knowledge of the Arcane to create the circle, then later he'd call upon it with his skill over spells and their craft.

(Rolled a 15 for Knowledge (Street |Arcane))

Later that night Genji took the stage. Without his guitar all seemed to be lost. The judges would totally give him a negative on his singing. But... he was going to pull it around now!

"Listen oh people before me, listen oh people in this rooooom~" He began, using his chant to enact the power of his magic circle.

(Rolled a 1 for Spellcraft)

In an instant Genji was covered in thrown tomatoes.

Xtrashy

Years
Here's an example. I'll use two skills but when I use Spellcraft it's for using magic items, mechanisms, or systems of magic.

"Genji the Haunter Bard wondered how he'd lure in the crowd. The only thing standing in his way was his missing instrument, without it he couldn't use his natural talent to woo the people before him... so looks like it would come down to magic.

Thinking over his options, Genji took out a piece of chalk and started a circle on the ground, reaching all the way around the stage. Now it was time for a magic chant. He'd use his street knowledge of the Arcane to create the circle, then later he'd call upon it with his skill over spells and their craft.

(Rolled a 15 for Knowledge (Street |Arcane))

Later that night Genji took the stage. Without his guitar all seemed to be lost. The judges would totally give him a negative on his singing. But... he was going to pull it around now!

"Listen oh people before me, listen oh people in this rooooom~" He began, using his chant to enact the power of his magic circle.

(Rolled a 1 for Spellcraft)

In an instant Genji was covered in thrown tomatoes.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
I do want to make it Deity related. Can it be general deities? Like the entire gods of the Pokemon world? :3 If not, I guess I'll worship Arceus (Lawful Good iirc) with a minor focus on his three underlings (D/P/G).

For the Knowledge Book, I guess I'll have the knowledge of Runes (using the deities for help by knowing special symbols for some limited buffs) and Profession, a runecrafter. Is that okay? :)

I'm sorry I have little to no knowledge of what I'm doing

Knowledge (Book | Deities of the World) and Profession (Runecrafter) are acceptable.

If you wish to make any runes then spend 1 silver on "materials" and roll Profession (Runecrafter) to see what you get. If you wanna be ambitious then you can spend 1 gold instead. You can attempt to define what the rune does through description: "This rune allows me to breath under water" but I'll mechanize it so you don't have to worry about that part.

As for Knowledge (Book | Dieties of the World) you'll know a little bit about each deity. I wrote down the 4 more popular deities for this regional area. Their followers are not defined by location. You can be from any city/town/kingdom in the region and follow one of these guys. In the case of the cleric you can call upon these 4 deities for assistance in Runecraft; however, you will roll Knowledge (Book | Deities of the World) when you're looking to be divinely inspired. Also, I've given each of these four deities a way to inspire your rune creation. You're not limited to the same runes but here's some examples.

Mew II (Mewtwo), Lawful Neutral. Seeker of Truth. (Inspire Psychic Attack Runes)
Star-Eye-Hive (Unown Collective), True Neutral. Propagators of Dimensions (Inspire Psychic Buff Runes)
Arceus (Arceus), Lawful Good. Protector of the World. (Inspire Psychic Defense Runes)
Raijin (Zapdos), Chaotic Neutral. Warring God of Thunder. (Inspire Electric Attack Runes)

The other legendary pokemon are known by your character but you won't know their alignment or title until you learn more by reading books found across the world.

More good news: you can sell runes after making them. You'll set your own prices and haggle with NPCs. But you might find it a bit more difficult in Emenak. There are merchants everywhere!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 3, 2016
I think I'll go with Knowledge (Book | Arcana) and Profession (Enchantments/Disenchantments). (Did I do this correctly?)

Arcana as in Tarot or Arcane as in mysterious magic? I just want to clarify cause there's a big difference! Like, I could be giving you Future Readings with Arcana which is a huge advantage story-wise, or I could be giving you Arcane which is mysterious magic like chalk circles (i used that in an example a bit ago), rituals, and even some dark magic.

But Enchatments/Disenchantments being putting general magic on and taking it off of things seems to make sense to me! I will have to limit you in some way for this cause it's a bit broad like runecrafting. 1 Silver for materials with a Profession (Enchant/Disenchant) roll to see the outcome of your results.

Yours won't be divinely inspired like the Ratls's Runes nor offense based. I could see you making a TON of buff/debuff powers. The party could use another good status maker. Wizards are general good for that.

Also, disenchanting is a great reversal. You could remove curses and debuffs from objects obtained by the party.

Years
I think I'll go with Arcane in order to keep things suspenseful for the party. I planned on making my character more status effect oriented, so Enchant/Disenchant will work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back