• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite Format/Tier of All Time?

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Nothing too special, was just wonder what everyone's favourite Format/Tier of all time was. It might have to do with the Pokémon in that tier, it might be the mechanics of that generation, or maybe just something anecdotal.

Though I play Gen 7 OU the most, I feel like I enjoy Gen 3 PU a lot more, since it was just really random stuff. Gen 5 UU for a close second (though I was a newb when I played Gen 5 UU). How about you guys?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Pls. Gen 7 monotype.
So angery that marshdow, mega gengar, and aegis were banned from the meta. But otherwise love my crappy ghost mono teams.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
The end of Gen 4 HGSSDPPT ou and UU. Closest thing to a balance and fun metagames ever imo where all play styles could flourish. No gimmicky or broken mechanics and all the broken pokemon were banned, only thing that was bs imo mechanics wise was the 2x damage on crits. The 1.5x change would have made them perfect metagames.

Gen 2 i loved too for similar reasons. Gen 3 to a lesser extent except Magneton and Dugtrio should have been removed because trapping takes no skill and is aids.

Last edited:

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
ORAS RU pre-Mega Steelix ban and SM Ubers pre-Marshadow release were probably my favourite metagames. I personally think ORAS RU started to fall to bits after Mega Steelix got banned but before that it was a really fun metagame with what felt like a really large pool of usable Pokemon. SM Ubers, pre-Marshadow release, was a metagame where every playstyle was usable and it felt pretty diverse for a metagame dominated by one Pokemon. After Marshadow came out I lost interest specifically because of the rise of Gothitelle. Gothitelle was in a prime position to take advantage of the shift towards support Arceus formes given that running Swords Dance Arceus formes suddenly became much more of a risk, but Gothitelle was and is also disgusting to play against and I wasn't interested in a metagame where it was suddenly viable.

Last edited:
Years
Honestly I've really enjoyed the current gen of OU. It feels like a much more diverse and fluid metagame than OU had been n previous generations.

Back