• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Daycare

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
4XPBnq9.gif
Pokémon Daycare was a submission for Relic Castle's Game Jam. Now that the Jam has officially ended, it gets posted to PokeCommunity!
Basically, you own a daycare, where trainers can drop off and pick up their Pokémon. Use the money you get to buy food for the checked in Pokémon or even upgrade the daycare itself. Sometimes you find eggs, which Trainers can adopt, but you never do find out where they come from.
Not really much of a plot to be honest. Trainers are random though, that's cool.
Game Screenshots
Spoiler:
Base Game Download:
(This doesn't include any patches!)
V1.2.2 Patch:

(This patch contains just the data folder, so you'll need the full game first. Saves should stay compatible, at least in my tests. Patched games will now have a v1.2.2 in the bottom right corner.)
Made Using: Pokémon Essentials
Team: Vendily!
Notes: This game involves a decent bit of randomness, from the text the trainers say, to the Pokémon a trainer has. It's not purely random, it picks from pools, but there's always the possibility of some events taking a while to occur, like getting an egg (there needs to be at least 2 compatible Pokémon), or a trainer returning to pick up their deposited Pokémon (it is weighted to prefer pickups though).

New features have been added in the v1.1 patch! The layout of the daycare changes ever so slightly, so now you can get out from behind the counter. Interacting with the entrance allows you to set opening and closing hours, and trainers will never interrupt your play session outside of those hours. You can even close the daycare outright, by having the opening hours after the closing hours, or closing before opening. More data on the Pokémon in the daycare is added, with egg groups and food preferences (though a small amount of experimentation is still needed for Pokémon without neutral natures). Finally, more has been added to the phone, with the ability to pay to put out ads that reduces the number of deposits needed for the next new trainer to appear, as well as reduce the base time between trainers, and the ability to purchase increases to the size of the yard for the daycare so you can have even more Pokémon!

v1.2.0 adds a new feature, a minigame to play with the Pokémon, Copy-Cat, where you copy the motions of the Pokémon. This is a quick way to raise exp, and I have to admit, I spent a while playing just that. It also adds a screen for the daycare info instead of just textboxes, and an egg will appear on the counter when you have one ready for adoption.
Resource Pack:
Credits
Spoiler:
Previous Versions
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
What is the resource pack for? Just curious

Well, the rules of Relic Castle's game jam require assets made for the jam become public afterwards in a nice little package. Most of my stuff was already public, but some stuff was made or edited by me, as per the credits.

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 28, 2023
is this applicable for visual boy advance for computer?

Marx321

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 28, 2023
Aww, okay, but hoping it would be in gba too. Just like Pokémon Harvest Craft.

KP7

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
How did you make the eggs sellable? I'm trying to create an npc to sell eggs and can't seem to figure it out

Back